Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
    Reading posts from those present at Resch, I guess it really shows how bad things got on the recruiting front. Even with a "defensive" system, we weren't getting the good defensemen. Oz will coach 'em up and hopefully do with skaters that the football and bounceyball coaches have done with "average" players.

Let's get the split.

Can somebody explain why we open at Resch? I know it's a lot closer to MQT than MSN and UW wants to showcase in N.E. WI, but fans have got to start showing up from those regions.
    The D couldn't have been too bad. The allied fewer than 20 shots.
    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
      Can somebody explain why we open at Resch? I know it's a lot closer to MQT than MSN and UW wants to showcase in N.E. WI, but fans have got to start showing up from those regions.
      They are NMU home games so my guess is they just flat out make more money by having the games in GB.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
        They are NMU home games so my guess is they just flat out make more money by having the games in GB.
        That and it's a way to try to connect with the many NMU alums in the area, and build some name recognition/recruit HS students, etc.
        St. Norbert College Green Knights
        NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
        NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
        NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
        ---
        SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
          I was just looking at some game photos....holy ****. That's one busy ice surface; it looks like a tagger hit a string of train cars or did the Gambler's join the E.U.?
          Not uncommon in the USHL

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...76047808689046

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townn...8612.image.jpg

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/i...y7CLegV7F1qmRw
          ---

Comment

Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
            ^This.

Green Bay is actually closer to Madison than to Marquette by about 40 miles by road and 20 miles as the crow flies, according to Google Maps.

Comment

Tonight's attendance should be better. Friday football and homecomings are hard to compete with. I was in the NMU section and not many people there. My daughter got tickets because she is a future student next year. My 4 tickets were the only red in the section.

Comment

Box office told me the four center sections on both sides were close to sold out, so will be bigger crowd.
                ---

Comment

And that's two shorties given up tonight. These defensemen.... Sheesh.
                  ---

Comment

6-5 win. And may need to score that many every game. Very little margin of error with this bunch.
                    ---

Comment

Exciting win tonight!

Comment

3,905 attendance.
                        ---

Comment

Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
                          6-5 win. And may need to score that many every game. Very little margin of error with this bunch.
                          That might be the case...but obviously let's hope not. The game against Victoria did almost nothing for the coaching staff, so these were the first two real opportunities for them to REALLY see where the guys are and what they have to work on and improve. In addition, we did score 6 goals, which is something that they did only once all of last year (6-6 tie vs Meeeshigan).

It's a split series where both games were one goal games. Could have won both, could have lost both. I guess I want to wait until we play NMU again on Nov 4-5 at the KC and see if there has been some improvement. Upcoming games against BC at home and the NY weekend will really give this team an opportunity to "grow" in both experience and play (hopefully!).

Congrats to the coaching staff on their first of hopefully many wins together at UW.

Comment

That looked like it was an exciting game. I didn't listen or watch, as I was at the volleyball match, which was also a very exciting, back-and-forth game! Todd Milewski and the Badgers men's hockey twitter accounts were sufficient to keep me updated. With that in mind, my takeaways from tonight's hockey game are:

If this team is going to be a middle-of-the-pack, average team with ups and downs, they may as well do it in high-scoring fashion, which is what everyone seems to have expected!

Trent Frederic is at a 0.5 goals/game pace in D-I play, which is better than Johnny Gaudreau's goals/game pace in his freshman year. Therefore, he must be a better player, and those Bruins fans were silly for worrying about Frederic being selected as early as he was!

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVpwME43bmk

Comment

Wow, watching those replays you can really see the defense being overly aggressive and creating a good deal of chances for UNM. Good to see that that the offense could bail them out though.
                                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Working...
                                X