Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

I had DVR'd the Saturday night game and watched it last night. The crowd sounded great on TV, too.

I didn't catch his name, but the Gopher play by play guy.....ooooof. I think it's Doug McLeod? I did some research and he's a seasoned veteran with hockey, but I don't think he's very good. It's not that he's a Gopher guy, because I liked The Rug and Wooger. I even thought LaPanta, who is now with the Wild, was better. Is he past his prime perhaps, like what happened to PB?

Frank "The Rug" Maccazzo was at the WI Hockey Backers luncheon last Friday (I couldn't make it); I heard he was a hoot.

Wisconsin Hockey: Now back to Wisconsin Hockey.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
      I kind of liked the novelty of the Thursday night game....until I found this isn't televised. Not even on the free BTN online. So that sucks.
      SUCKS Bad. Shame on the B6 for ignoring a chance to show some men's hockey.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Way to go boys! Listened on iHeart the whole way through. Great win, really impressive way to stay the course it the 2nd when things were starting to look bleak. Berry played very well, so nice to get the lead right away and take some control of the game.

12th win on the year, equals previous two seasons combined. The resurgence continues...

Comment

Badgers move from 25th to 20th in PWR with win over tOSU.

If we keep winning and no one else plays (like tonight) were sure to make the Top 14!

Comment

Solid win for Wisconsin tonight. 12-8-1, wow...Historically, that's nothing to get excited about, but given the massive decline in this team's performances under the last Eaves years? It seems miraculous to achieve the prior 2 year's win totals combined in the very next season with a new staff!

I can't believe how quickly the forwards have adapted to the new style.
            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
              Solid win for Wisconsin tonight. 12-8-1, wow...Historically, that's nothing to get excited about, but given the massive decline in this team's performances under the last Eaves years? It seems miraculous to achieve the prior 2 year's win totals combined in the very next season with a new staff!

I can't believe how quickly the forwards have adapted to the new style.
              Have you considered removing the "I'm not a hockey guy" line from your sig? After BA dumped all that money into the coaching staff, it's hard for me to hold that grudge anymore. Maybe BA lucked into the G2O deal a bit as I think TG kinda cornered BA with the high priced assistants he wanted and BA had to say yes, but BA was the reason it happened. Just curious anyway your thoughts on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                Have you considered removing the "I'm not a hockey guy" line from your sig? After BA dumped all that money into the coaching staff, it's hard for me to hold that grudge anymore. Maybe BA lucked into the G2O deal a bit as I think TG kinda cornered BA with the high priced assistants he wanted and BA had to say yes, but BA was the reason it happened. Just curious anyway your thoughts on it.
                Or change the BA quote it to the "knock your socks off" one.
                2016-2017 ECAC West Pick 'em Champion
                2013-2014 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                2012-2013 NCHAMIACMCHA Pick 'em Champion
                2003-2004 SUNYAC Pick 'em Champion
                2004 Recipient of “The Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Hockey”’s Punxsutawney Phil Award for Outstanding Prognostication.
                2005-2018 Administrator of ECAC West Pick 'em & UCHC Pick 'em, the original D-III pick'em game; RIP
                2009 D-III TOP runner-up
                Wisconsin Hockey - NCAA Men's National Champions
                1973, 1977, 1981*, 1983*, 1990, 2006

Comment

I caught a bit of the game on iHeart last night as well. Really impressed by the heart shown by this team.

I'm going to be recording the game on Saturday night as I'll be out with friends, but the thought that the Badgers could be at the top of the Big 10 at this point in the season is just crazy considering how badly things had gone in the last few years.
                  Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    SUCKS Bad. Shame on the B6 for ignoring a chance to show some men's hockey.
                    Hey Tim cut them some slack! After all, they had Purdue and Nebraska women's basketball on the big screen! .

On my DirecTV guide, BTN has 3 or 4 alternate channels they use for football. Why couldn't they use one for men's hockey, or anything else for that matter. I don't want to hear about production bull****. The conference is rolling in dough.

Nice win last night. I had Posick on the radio and 2 or 3 different games on NHL Center Ice with sound muted. It sounded like play was consistent throughout the game and it was great to have a fast start, which has been a concern of G2O. Our goalies are really playing well.

I wish there was a stream for Saturday; I usually don't, but I'd pay just for a stream to see them at MSG. With the NHL on a short bye this weekend, this would be a perfect time to showcase this game. It would be really cool if the MSG Network carried it with Sam Rosen and Joe Micheletti doing the broadcast. They are the TV voices of the Rangers who I think are very good.

OOOOPS. A friend saw my post and told me it's on BTN Saturday! Sweet! I thought I read somewhere it wasn't televised. #ViewingParty
                    Last edited by MadCityRich; 01-27-2017, 10:27 AM.
                    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                      Hey Tim cut them some slack! After all, they had Purdue and Nebraska women's basketball on the big screen! .
                      If I had known Purdue was playing Nebraska in WBB, I never would have made such a stupid comment. Oh the humanity! How about showing the game tape delayed or on an alternate channel. The b6 is so flush with money they could afford to produce the game and even had a few commercials.

Comment

Back to Besse serving the bench minor -- Baylee Wellhausen just served a too-many-players-on-the-ice penalty. That's another great example of choosing one of your best, most explosive players (not on the PK unit) to serve a penalty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          It's laziness on my part. I haven't looked at my signature in forever.

Of course BA deserves kudos for the hires!

Having said that, his statement about not being a hockey guy is not something I'll forget. It's an absolutely stupid remark for an athletic director to make in a public forum.
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

BOOM! Tough to give up 2 late an have to go to OT......I think it was the right call to count the goal. Yes, there was contact but Ustaski was driven into the goalie,who was not in the crease anymore anyways.

Lucky we didn't have to go the SO without Besse, gotta think he would have been used had he been healthy. Hope he is OK going forward. 19th in the PWR. Movin' on up!

BTW, how about the announcers referring to Frey as Jurusik MULTIPLE TIMES during the review of the GWG! Jeez....c'mon boys. Do your homework. Probably says what the B1G Network thinks of hockey programing.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuB View Post
                              BOOM! Tough to give up 2 late an have to go to OT......I think it was the right call to count the goal. Yes, there was contact but Ustaski was driven into the goalie,who was not in the crease anymore anyways.

Lucky we didn't have to go the SO without Besse, gotta think he would have been used had he been healthy. Hope he is OK going forward. 19th in the PWR. Movin' on up!

BTW, how about the announcers referring to Frey as Jurusik MULTIPLE TIMES during the review of the GWG! Jeez....c'mon boys. Do your homework. Probably says what the B1G Network thinks of hockey programing.
                              Thats why I watch the game but listen to Brian Posick's excellent call of the game. Wow what a turnaround in half a year.
                              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                                Thats why I watch the game but listen to Brian Posick's excellent call of the game. Wow what a turnaround in half a year.
                                How much of a delay is there between the two broadcasts?

Comment

Working...
                                X