Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
    College Hockey News picked UW to finish 2nd in the Big Ten: LINK
    2nd is well out of the basement. That would be a remarkable turnaround.
    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
      Wow...kind of lazy writing when they don't reference the defense and goaltending. Having said that i wouldn't be surprised with a 3rd or 4th place finish. 2nd would be amazing!
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GBBadger14 View Post
        2nd? Like I said, the hate is creeping back. Give it a full season and it will be game-ready.

Comment

Todd Milewski is doing a Live chat at noon CST today to discuss the hockey program.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/c...8ab88c09b.html

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
            Todd Milewski is doing a Live chat at noon CST today to discuss the hockey program.

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/c...8ab88c09b.html
            Todd has some really nice articles on Kunin, Jurusik, and the women's team.

https://host.madison.com/users/profile/todd%20milewski/
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Todd's doing an awesome job, just like he used to. It's great to see a dying "fish wrap" hire a very good writer/reporter rather than dump good people.

Todd recently tweeted --- "To answer a question I've heard a few times: @TonyGranato says Matt Jurusik will start in goal Friday against Northern Michigan".

I'm sure he's a good kid and he kind of bailed us out last year, but I can't see him as our long term 'tender.
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post

I'm sure he's a good kid and he kind of bailed us out last year, but I can't see him as our long term 'tender.
                Looking for more information on this - is there someone on the roster that you feel will beat him out, or after this year will there be someone?

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                  Todd has some really nice articles on Kunin, Jurusik, and the women's team.

https://host.madison.com/users/profile/todd%20milewski/
                  Interesting that Mike Valley turned G2O onto Blomquist. One of those 3 will have to do for the next 3 seasons.

Todd is sure killing it with great articles on both the men's and women's side.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Getting more excited.

http://widgets.boxxspring.com/MjA1NSw0MDE0ODY5Nw
                    Last edited by dtrumbower; 10-06-2016, 09:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dtrumbower View Post
                      Getting more excited.
                      Same here. Heading back to Wisco for a hockey vs. BC/football vs. OSU/Packers vs. Dallas weekend next week, and just bought my ticket for the game in Denver! Heading to the game down at CC too.

Haven't been back to Madison since I graduated in 2014. Can't wait!

Comment

The Sunday Wisconsin State Journal actually had a Pullout section dedicated to just the Hockey program. It had a lot of advertising as well, but was over 20 pages. Most of these same articles filled the sections along with player profiles. It was great to see, as have only seen that for Football ever before.

Comment

Too many seats still available at the Resch. Hope people fill it up. Great place to see hockey. Last time I saw the Badger here though, was 2006 regional
                          Last edited by dtrumbower; 10-06-2016, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dtrumbower View Post
                            Too many seats still available at the Resch. Hope people fill it up. Great place to see hockey. Last time I saw the Badger here thought was 2006 regional
                            That was a good day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib_rpKdAjac

Comment

Sat in section 207, just right of Badger bench. Was a great place to be that day.

Comment

Originally posted by BuB View Post
                                Looking for more information on this - is there someone on the roster that you feel will beat him out, or after this year will there be someone?
                                At this point in the early season, NOBODY can tell if the 2 freshmen can beat him out, but NOBODY should be surprised if it happens. Maybe there's another recruit on the radar. For a long time, Wisconsin was known as "Goalie U"; it will take time to get the blue chip 'tenders to consider us again.

Matt should must improve (.891 won't cut it) as this team gains momentum. We need a top notch goalie as they rebuild and, at least through the end of last year, I personally don't see it. If his nose is to the grindstone and his off season training improved him, good for him and the program because I am pulling for him.
                                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Working...
                                X