Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Re: Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Quote Originally Posted by Almington View Post
    The staff has done the most critically important step of not having a slow start to the season as that would have seriously damaged the momentum from the coaching change. To be playing an exciting brand of hockey and be marginally nationally relevant when attention shifts from football is as close to a best case as most people would have hoped for after the last two seasons.
    I agree, there is only so much that can be expected this year. There is some talent that G2O inherited, but it is going to take another year or two for them to get a squad full of guys that can play their styles.

I think the big watershed moment is going to be after semester break. That is typically when the numbers pick up a little bit. If there is the energy to bring the usual people back and maybe a few extras...that would be as good as anyone could reasonably expect.

I think keeping the special teams in the top 10 will be a big step. If you are consistently putting pucks in the net on the PP and shutting them down on PK, that gets people excited (we'll have to wait and see what the penalty rate looks like 1/2 way through the season).

SIEVE chant & BUD SONG originators

So how did Jack Berry look? I gave my ducats to Jr.MissMCR since I didn't want to rush back from Evanston High School stadium. I asked her how he looked and she told me, "Dad, I don't analyze the goalies like you; I just go to cheer and enjoy hockey." It sounded like overall the Badgers played better putting less pressure on Berry. Thoughts?

In a previous post I didn't mean to knock the NAHL; I was just trying to make a point, and then I remember that's where Berry came from.
    The Rock - Kessel 2020.

"Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Carl Spackler 1980

Quote Originally Posted by KaMiGo View Post
    I agree, there is only so much that can be expected this year. There is some talent that G2O inherited, but it is going to take another year or two for them to get a squad full of guys that can play their styles.
    I agree, but in a month if they sit where they are now - on the fringe of the PWR - they could put the NCAA's out there as a (somewhat) realistic goal.

Blood Boiling with Rage and Hate Almington's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MadCityRich View Post
    So how did Jack Berry look? I gave my ducats to Jr.MissMCR since I didn't want to rush back from Evanston High School stadium. I asked her how he looked and she told me, "Dad, I don't analyze the goalies like you; I just go to cheer and enjoy hockey." It sounded like overall the Badgers played better putting less pressure on Berry. Thoughts?

In a previous post I didn't mean to knock the NAHL; I was just trying to make a point, and then I remember that's where Berry came from.
    Plenty of quality goalies come from the NAHL. Goalie is an interesting position because only one generally plays per game and the top tender often plays the majority of the games.

That said, I think we know what we have with Jurusik at the college level, time to give the others a chance to see what they can do.

So how did Jack Berry look?
    Overall I thought he did well. Good positioning on most shots. Side-to-side could be faster but it's not a huge problem. Rebound control was alright. He was a calming presence from the back end; that's the most important part.
    Stevens Point Hockey!! Dibs on runner up!
    National Champions 89' 90' 91' 93' 16'
    Runner Up 92' 98' 14' 15'

Wisconsin Hockey: Home of the Mark Osiecki death stare!
    National Champions 73' 77' 81' 83' 90' 06'

#1 Badger Fan

Other people and myself have noticed that McGuire is listed as a senior on the roster. Technically this would be his Redshirt Junior season so I wonder if he is giving up his final year of eligibility next year.

Somewhat unrelated.....

I have two extra tickets for Sat vs. Merrimack and I don't want to sell them to the scalpers for pennies on the dollar. Anyone have any good places to sell them close to the KC for face - or close to face value.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Let's go RED!

Merrimack is coning in on the heels of a 4 game winless streak. Got put some fish in the freezer this weekend.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Merrimack is coning in on the heels of a 4 game winless streak. Got put some fish in the freezer this weekend.
    Maybe with the gun opener this Saturday we could put some venison in there too?

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by BuB View Post
    Maybe with the gun opener this Saturday we could put some venison in there too?
    That'll work too for the deer folks. I have to say my freezer full enough to last the winter on the fish front, now it's all about soaking some suckers on my sleeper musky lake if time allows.

Hopefully Besse is a go this weekend. I can't see how Berry can't get another shot in game 1 this weekend.

SIEVE chant & BUD SONG originators

That'll work too for the deer folks. I have to say my freezer full enough to last the winter on the fish front, now it's all about soaking some suckers on my sleeper musky lake if time allows.

Hopefully Besse is a go this weekend. I can't see how Berry can't get another shot in game 1 this weekend.
    Sorry, for this is unrelated to hockey, but Tim, I watched a show that was taped a couple weeks ago near Eagle Lake in Vermilion Bay, ON. Frickin' phenomenal Muskies including a Tiger. They were on a "numbers" lake but they were all over 40". They ran outta suckers!
    The Rock - Kessel 2020.

"Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Carl Spackler 1980

Let's go RED!

Sorry, for this is unrelated to hockey, but Tim, I watched a show that was taped a couple weeks ago near Eagle Lake in Vermilion Bay, ON. Frickin' phenomenal Muskies including a Tiger. They were on a "numbers" lake but they were all over 40". They ran outta suckers!
    I saw the same show. Amazing. That guide boated 24 in one day once. That's simply unthinkable.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

UW is 10th in a nation scoring.....Merrimack is 47th. Defensively UW is 48th, Merrimack is 24th. Gotta go Berry......per TG Berry gets the start Friday. I'm on a roll, but that one wasn't too hard to figure out.
    Last edited by Timothy A; 11-14-2016 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KaMiGo View Post
    Update

6 points in the USCHO poll, receiving votes - 28th
    RPI down to 17th
    PWR down to 17th
    Team O, 3.75 - 12th
    Team D, 3.5 - 44th
    PP, 24.00% - 9th
    PK, 89.6% - 9th
    The boys had the weekend off, but most other teams played...

8 points in the poll, receiving votes - 25th
    RPI down to 18th
    PWR down to 18th
    Team O, 3.75 - 10th
    Team D, 3.50 - 48th
    PP, 24.0% - 7th
    PK, 89.6% - 8th

So we dropped a spot in the RPI/PWR calculations, went up in O and down in D, and up in both special teams.

We should have a good shot at pickup up 2 Ws and making some progress in the rankings/stats this weekend:
    Merrimack: 4-5-3, 3 games against ranked opponents 0-1-2
    RPI 38th
    PWR 40th
    Team O, 2.42 - 47th
    Team D, 2.83 - 24th
    PP, 12.6% - 48th
    PK, 82.5% - 35th

Both games televised, Friday on Wisconsin Public Television, Saturday on Fox Sports Wisconsin Alt. This also means that both games are available to stream via BTN2Go (not BTN Plus)
    Last edited by KaMiGo; 11-14-2016 at 01:03 PM. Reason: messed up some numbers

#1 Badger Fan

The UW confirmed the signings of Inamoto, Baker, and the Dhooghe brothers today.

UW is 10th in a nation scoring.....Merrimack is 47th. Defensively UW is 48th, Merrimack is 24th. Gotta go Berry......per TG Berry gets the start Friday. I'm on a roll, but that one wasn't too hard to figure out.
    Ask and you shall receive...

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/c...c37bcb084.html

Quote Originally Posted by UWisco View Post
    the Dhooghe brothers
    If only it were pronounced "Doogie"

Quote Originally Posted by Bonin21 View Post
    If bball is able to get their top 2018 target, UW will have Dhooge Hauser.

Wisconsin Badgers Crease Creature

Quote Originally Posted by Bonin21 View Post
    How is it pronounced?

Edit: It is pronounced "Doogie" in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaNth1XchuU I'm glad I got that sorted out.
    Last edited by WiscDC; 11-15-2016 at 12:06 AM.

I thought it was Dooj, but ya it seems like it's Doogie.

You recruited the Doogie brothers.

Drunkard

Bucky is just all right with me, Bucky is just all right oh yeah

Thread Information