Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Re: Wisconsin Hockey, Vol II: Rebuild, Refresh, and Renew!

Tonight's attendance should be better. Friday football and homecomings are hard to compete with. I was in the NMU section and not many people there. My daughter got tickets because she is a future student next year. My 4 tickets were the only red in the section.

It's A Great Day For Hockey

Box office told me the four center sections on both sides were close to sold out, so will be bigger crowd.

And that's two shorties given up tonight. These defensemen.... Sheesh.

6-5 win. And may need to score that many every game. Very little margin of error with this bunch.

Exciting win tonight!
    Stevens Point Hockey!! Dibs on runner up!
    National Champions 89' 90' 91' 93' 16'
    Runner Up 92' 98' 14' 15'

Wisconsin Hockey: Home of the Mark Osiecki death stare!
    National Champions 73' 77' 81' 83' 90' 06'

3,905 attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
    6-5 win. And may need to score that many every game. Very little margin of error with this bunch.
    That might be the case...but obviously let's hope not. The game against Victoria did almost nothing for the coaching staff, so these were the first two real opportunities for them to REALLY see where the guys are and what they have to work on and improve. In addition, we did score 6 goals, which is something that they did only once all of last year (6-6 tie vs Meeeshigan).

It's a split series where both games were one goal games. Could have won both, could have lost both. I guess I want to wait until we play NMU again on Nov 4-5 at the KC and see if there has been some improvement. Upcoming games against BC at home and the NY weekend will really give this team an opportunity to "grow" in both experience and play (hopefully!).

Congrats to the coaching staff on their first of hopefully many wins together at UW.

Wisconsin Badgers Crease Creature

That looked like it was an exciting game. I didn't listen or watch, as I was at the volleyball match, which was also a very exciting, back-and-forth game! Todd Milewski and the Badgers men's hockey twitter accounts were sufficient to keep me updated. With that in mind, my takeaways from tonight's hockey game are:

If this team is going to be a middle-of-the-pack, average team with ups and downs, they may as well do it in high-scoring fashion, which is what everyone seems to have expected!

Trent Frederic is at a 0.5 goals/game pace in D-I play, which is better than Johnny Gaudreau's goals/game pace in his freshman year. Therefore, he must be a better player, and those Bruins fans were silly for worrying about Frederic being selected as early as he was!

Sad Panda
    My Body is in Georgia. My Heart will always be in Wisconsin

Wow, watching those replays you can really see the defense being overly aggressive and creating a good deal of chances for UNM. Good to see that that the offense could bail them out though.

Let's go RED!

Being 1-1-0 after 2 games is a good result. The lads have a long way to go. The BC series is scary, real scary. I'd like to re-schedule these games for February.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Being 1-1-0 after 2 games is a good result. The lads have a long way to go. The BC series is scary, real scary. I'd like to re-schedule these games for February.
    BC is way down from last year. Very young team, I think it will be a great math-up this year compared to last year. I would much rather see them early in the year vs once they gel and the young guys gain more experience.

Quote Originally Posted by gwhinwi View Post
    Wow, watching those replays you can really see the defense being overly aggressive and creating a good deal of chances for UNM. Good to see that that the offense could bail them out though.
    I specifically don't like Linhart's effort on (a) certain goal against... Controller disconnected.
    Last edited by IndianaBadger1995; 10-10-2016 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BadgerHockey9 View Post
    BC is way down from last year. Very young team, I think it will be a great math-up this year compared to last year. I would much rather see them early in the year vs once they gel and the young guys gain more experience.
    That's fair. Goaltending was excellent for BC this weekend but they aren't gonna score a ton of goals early in the season. I am not expecting BC to light up wisconsin. What's the vibe out there? Are your fans jacked for the new era or will it take time for the kohl center to fill up again?

who the hello?
    Quote Originally Posted by BadgerHockey9 View Post
    But if you saw them at the end of the year it would mean Wisconsin was actually playing for something of significance.

And I'm not so sure how "down" BC is this year. They had a game stolen from them by the Air Force goaltender (that happens,) and they beat the #3 ranked team in the country (who returned the vast majority of players from a Frozen 4 team last season.).

BC doesn't rebuild, they reload.

Heh, you could argue Woll stole the game from Denver though

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Are your fans jacked for the new era or will it take time for the kohl center to fill up again?
    Both. Attendance decline has been a slow burn, so it'll take awhile to fill the building back up, but there is definitely a lot of excitement for the new era.

Quote Originally Posted by altazo View Post
    But if you saw them at the end of the year it would mean Wisconsin was actually playing for something of significance.

And I'm not so sure how "down" BC is this year. They had a game stolen from them by the Air Force goaltender (that happens,) and they beat the #3 ranked team in the country (who returned the vast majority of players from a Frozen 4 team last season.).

Down as in they aren't expected to win conference or even finish top 3 in conference. That's down according to BC standards. I would rather face them earlier in season then see Woll gain confidence with each game. Should be tight games this coming weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by altazo View Post

That is exactly what we are trying to get back to....

Gave it a few days for emotions to settle before giving my thoughts:

PP is #3 through the first two games. The sad part is I believe we allowed as many goals on the power play as compared to being shorthanded. Have to clean that up. Offense looks stellar, avg of 4 goals a game (t-11th). Kunin is going to be a force. Frederic sounds like a good one. Defense is a mess. Linhart should get a solo bag skate for his laziness. Corbin McGuire might be our best dman as a forward-converted-dman and maybe a big part of that is playing with JD Greenway. The other dmen wouldn't touch a prime top 6 d core constructed by Oz. Jurusik is the last goaltender listed in the statistics (Yikes!). The worst GAA and the worst sv %. That HAS to improve or the staff needs to give the freshmen a shot. Blame it on the defense, sure, but there comes a point where you determine if your goaltender is a Brian Elliott or a Shane Connelly.

My 2 cents. Thoughts?
    Last edited by IndianaBadger1995; 10-11-2016 at 02:08 AM.

Thread Information