Clear All

Re: ECAC 2016-2017 Season Thread

Rangers Sign Jimmy Vesey to Entry-Level Contract
    http://www.hockeyfights.com/news/214686
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

There does not appear to be an active Princeton thread, so I will post RPI blog Without a Peer's post about the Tigers here

Disclaimer: I have no connection with WaP except as a reader.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Atlantic Hockey approves move to 18 scholarships
        http://www.goerie.com/sports/2016090...8-scholarships
        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Should be Clarksons best team in years, a dream conference final four of Clarkson, Cornell, RPI, SLU would be nice for Placid and the league, any takers haha

Comment

Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
            Should be Clarksons best team in years, a dream conference final four of Clarkson, Cornell, RPI, SLU would be nice for Placid and the league, any takers haha
            You know, that isn't an unreasonable prediction this year. Those 4 teams should be in the mix come March, though each has their own minor unknown. How quick/effective they are in overcoming that will tell the tale.

SLU: new coach/system
            Clarkson: frosh goaltender, lost some prime blue liners
            Cornell: Who scores?
            RPI: Kasdorf replacement/scoring

I expect QU, Yale, Harvard to be in the mix, but IMO they have bigger concerns than the aforementioned 4. Big losses to graduation/professional early departures.

Comment

Of tbe 4, SLU has the least to worry about (now 17-18 is a different story). Solid goalie, solid D, and good F.

If they can strengthen the PP, tbey should be looking at an NCAA berth.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                RPI: Kasdorf replacement/scoring.
                While I agree with that, RPI does have the ECAC Rookie team goalie returning plus a goalie transfer from CC who is an NHL draft choice.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I expect QU, Yale, Harvard to be in the mix, but IMO they have bigger concerns than the aforementioned 4. Big losses to graduation/professional early departures.
                  For the last 5-6 years, it hasn't been a good bet to keep Q out of the top 4. Even with big losses on the roster, their system makes them consistent and capable of competing in every game.

Comment

Originally posted by IsThereADog View Post
                    For the last 5-6 years, it hasn't been a good bet to keep Q out of the top 4. Even with big losses on the roster, their system makes them consistent and capable of competing in every game.
                    And for a longer period, you could have done the same with Cornell. Alas, they have had recent struggles.

As I said, I expect they'll be in the mix, but I see their issues being potentially more problematic. Losing a lot of offense and the goalie who played the vast majority of games in his career leads to some question marks.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                      And for a longer period, you could have done the same with Cornell. Alas, they have had recent struggles.

As I said, I expect they'll be in the mix, but I see their issues being potentially more problematic. Losing a lot of offense and the goalie who played the vast majority of games in his career leads to some question marks.
                      We shall see - looking forward to the season in any event

╔═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╗

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ REPOST THIS IF ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ YOU ARE A STRONG BEAUTIFUL QUINNIPIAC TEAM ~ ~ ~

~ ~ ~ ~ WHO DON'T NEED NO SAM ANAS TO SCORE ~ ~ ~ ~

╚═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ════════════════╝

Comment

Originally posted by techtodenver View Post
                        Every year, "Clarkson's back." Come the start of league play, "No, they aren't." It's time to apply the Brown rule here...

Comment

Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Coaches, Media Polls & PreSeason Awards here...... https://twitter.com/ECACHOCKEYMWD1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Comment

I see this year as even greater league parity than last year. More intense competition. Lots of upsets and overtime. Not sure how that is going to translate in NCAA participation.
                                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Working...
                                X