X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College: 2016-2017

Originally posted by UFan View Post
    Couldn't have put it better!
    Kupsky looked a lot less rusty than last night, hopefully he gets a bit more confidence in his game going forward.
    A very gritty effort by the whole team, against a good Colgate team (totally different game from Colgate than against RPI).
    Let's move past this week-end's awkward team slump and get moving.
    On to Harvard!!!!!!
    Against a "good" Colgate team ? It sounded like we held our own against you guys. How did we look, any offense ? Shots were even, how did Point look, he's our future ?
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

We blocked 19 shots matching a season high. Desimone and Dufour blocked 10 of those. Only 2 minutes in the box. Need playoff hockey here on out. I like the Walker, ZachE, and Dufour line as a 4th line. Size, d-muscle, speed and scoring potential. Would love to see them step up.
      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
        Against a "good" Colgate team ? It sounded like we held our own against you guys. How did we look, any offense ? Shots were even, how did Point look, he's our future ?
        Very good "D". Gave us fits. You have not given up that many goals in the ECAC, about Cornell & Clarkson. Good luck against Cornell next week. Their coach whines too much.
        Last edited by Dutchman; 02-05-2017, 08:39 AM.
        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Any word on Sak ?
          Do you think 4 more points locks up a top 4 finish ?
          Playoff hockey arrives early........

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
            For my 2 cents, I think next year will be a rebuilding year. Point looked solid in net, and the team is good defensively, but where goals are going to come from could be a mystery. The bad news is 3 of your top 4 scorers are graduating this year, including Kulevich - who I think is your overall best player. The good news is 4 of the 6 D-men come back and are Sophmores or FR, and the team looked good defensively. A couple of your young guys have put up some points, (McMann, Cockrell, Dauda) - So I think if they can get in a couple more point producers next season, Point's (and several of these other guys) JR and SR Year you could be competitive for a top 4 spot again. I have a hard time seeing that happening next year. You know how it is in college hockey, especially for smaller ECAC schools, there can simply be transitions and are at the mercy of good/bad classes as they don't quite "reload" the way the big name programs do every year.

I am curious to see if Point gets more work the rest of the way since he's going to be the guy next year. It's tough to do that to Finn, but if I was the coach, I would be playing a lot of Point from here on out.

Also, for Union fans, if you are considering a road trip - The games against Gate and Cornell to wrap up the regular season, I think will both be great games. The Clearly Cup could literally depend on that Cornell game to wrap up the season, and they may be playing for a top 4 finish. Colgate could be battling for a home ice playoff spot as well.
            Last edited by UnionHockeyRadio; 02-05-2017, 10:21 AM.

Comment

This is hypothetical. It assumes that, as has been the case in the past 10 years, about 28 league points will get you a top 4 seed and a weeks rest. However, there has usually been one team that has gotten into the mid/high 30's so the minimum number may be higher this year. Below is a listing of the teams based on current points and what they would need to get to the 28 point level.

YALE (15) Even if they win 6 of their last 6 they end up with 27
              CLARKSON (16) If they sweep the rest of their games (6), they make it to 28
              CORNELL (20) If they win four of their next 7, they reach 28
              QPACK (21) They need 3 wins and a tie in their last 5 to make 28
              HARVARD (24) Harvard needs to win 2 of their last 5 to make 28
              UNION (25) We need a win and a tie in our last 6
              SAINTS (25) They need a win and a tie in their last 5

Remember, this is the ECAC and outcomes are unpredictable.
              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

We should have a great turnout on Friday. The Alumni event has been a sellout for a while and so are the visiting stands. There are still seats available on the Harvard Side. In years past we have had more and louder fans than the Crimson. Harvard HAS NOT LOST AT HOME this year. They are 8-0-2 at home. They lead the ECAC in most categories. They have 8 draft picks.
                Last edited by Dutchman; 02-07-2017, 04:55 AM.
                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

halfway through the second period, 4 goals for harvard, 0 for union
                  Harvard looked like a top team, not union. There is nothing to our game right now: passive defense, poor offensive system....
                  sigh...
                  hoping for one goal at this point... Hope I'm wrong and they turn it on.
                  go union!!!
                  Let's go Union !
                  ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
                  ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
                  NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

Any word on the injury to Sak? Going to be tough to finish without him. Behind 4-0 to Harvard right now, ugh. Headed to Hanover tomorrow, anyone else going?

Comment

I'll add a boring and uninspired powerplay to my assessment.

I don't understand how it can look so good sometimes and so average other times... it's the same players out there: take your time, make the other team run around, and when you have a nice opening or a screen shoot the puck. Shots from the circle are fine, if the goalie has no time to get there; when the puck is moving around so predictably, it's an easy save on a shot with no angle...

hoping for a goal in the third.
                      Come one Union, wake up!!!!!
                      Let's go Union !
                      ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
                      ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
                      NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

Maybe the biggest game of the year tonight. I am counting on the team to bounce back they have the right leaders in the front of the bus....
                        Playoff hockey is here and who is going to step up. ....
                        Let's go U !

Comment

Who will start in Goal?
                          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                            Who will start in Goal?
                            Guess that's the $64,000 question!
                            Hockey is life, the rest is just details!

Comment

Originally posted by Goaliefan View Post
                              Guess that's the $64,000 question!
                              Joe looked sound and covers the ice well.. deserves a chance...

Comment

Originally posted by UFan View Post
                                I'll add a boring and uninspired powerplay to my assessment.

I don't understand how it can look so good sometimes and so average other times... it's the same players out there: take your time, make the other team run around, and when you have a nice opening or a screen shoot the puck. Shots from the circle are fine, if the goalie has no time to get there; when the puck is moving around so predictably, it's an easy save on a shot with no angle...

hoping for a goal in the third.
                                Come one Union, wake up!!!!!
                                In addition to a wake up call, maybe a goalie?? I realize that Kupsky is the backup but you won't go anywhere with him in net. Donato's first goal just should not have happened. Very poor puck management. Frankly, I was expecting a one goal game so last night came as a big surprise to many Crimson fans.

Speaking of Donato, he has eight goals against you guys in the last three games. Granted, two were into empty nets but that still is impressive.

Comment

Working...
                                X