Union College: 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College: 2016-2017

With the lack of in-depth postings and analysis available to Union fans I'm happy when anyone takes the time to write and shares their thoughts. What a fun weekend for the Dutchmen and their fans! Hope Supinski is alright - I thought I saw him back out on the ice after the 5 minute major penalty but some other folks seemed to disagree after the game. Can anyone confirm?

Yale did well in their season opener and with 5 games in 8 days, hopefully the Dutchmen will stay well rested. I would imagine that the North Dakota game will be a big opportunity for Union to make a statement against a team on the front of the national stage.
    Let's Go Union!!

Comment

I would urge all in the Union hockey world to enjoy their Sunday
      Any time we sweep RPI it is cause to celebrate the moment.

With that said come Monday it needs to be back to business. They need to continue to build on the momentum of the weekend and keep getting others involved in the offense and keep improving their D.

This team will need to focus shift by shift, period by period and game by game. If they let up and lose their focus it will be bad news. the difference between winning and losing these days is the attention to the detail of the game. Lose that and the 3-2 win becomes a 3-2 loss.

I do agree that Wholin is smiling from above and of course probably recruiting more U supporters !

Comment

Great hockey also starts with the goaltending. Alex Sakellaropoulos has been solid as he’s perfect in the five starts this season with a 2.39 goals-against average and a .904 save percentage.

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/ecac-blog/2016/...#ixzz4OeesdvaS
        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by UnionFan View Post
          With the lack of in-depth postings and analysis available to Union fans I'm happy when anyone takes the time to write and shares their thoughts. What a fun weekend for the Dutchmen and their fans! Hope Supinski is alright - I thought I saw him back out on the ice after the 5 minute major penalty but some other folks seemed to disagree after the game. Can anyone confirm?

Yale did well in their season opener and with 5 games in 8 days, hopefully the Dutchmen will stay well rested. I would imagine that the North Dakota game will be a big opportunity for Union to make a statement against a team on the front of the national stage.
          Supinski was quickly back on the ice

Comment

Originally posted by zacharybrandon View Post
            Supinski was quickly back on the ice
            But he wasn't even on the bench the whole third period..

All those sticks to the head from RPI and not a single ejection..
            did they change the rules about "head hunting"?

Comment

Go Dutchmen !!! Bring back win #7 tomorrow night !!!

Comment

Went back and checked the game tape -- RPI #13 is one dirty player ...

puck was on the other side of the ice, player defenseless and delivers a shot to the face ..
                Should have been ejected...since the ref was no more than 5 feet away ....

Comment

Originally posted by Pokey View Post
                  Went back and checked the game tape -- RPI #13 is one dirty player ...
                  Jared Wilson
                  http://www.rpiathletics.com/roster.a...51&path=hockey
                  DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                  DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

New recruit -

Comment

Anyone know why Ken Schott is no longer the Gazette's beat reporter for Union hockey? His knowledge of the game and insights were always terrific.

Comment

We are no longer "flying under the radar". HC is a solid hockey team, IMO the best in the AHA. Their new coach has produced a strong a defensive team and has a solid goaltender with similar stats to Alex. They are a period 3 team in scoring and shots. With two days rest we are going to have to dig deep in that third period.
                        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Alex getting ECAC goalie of the week!
                          Now, if only he could maintain his save percentage and gaa
                          Let's go Union !
                          ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
                          ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
                          NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
                            Anyone know why Ken Schott is no longer the Gazette's beat reporter for Union hockey? His knowledge of the game and insights were always terrific.
                            From what I read, he was "reassigned" to another coverage area. He's still going to be doing a "Slap Schotts"-esque show independently on Facebook.

Comment

Game not over, but so far:
                              PP fail
                              PK fail

On the PP, people look for shooting lanes that they see at practice, in a set up environment. They don't shoot in an open lane if there is one in front of them and it's not part of the setup. Also, NO movement... everyone is just standing still waiting for the puck and a magically open lane... Not sure I understand how we're supposed to score doing this. I'm all for set plays once in a while, but it should be the exception since the conditions are rarely all met. There is no reason why we can't put any shots on goal during a PP!!!

On the PK, we give the attacking team way too much space. There is at least 6-9 feet between our guy and the other player. So of course they can skate around, shoot the puck and do whatever. I understand the need to not over commit when you're down one man, but this is a bit much IMO. Look at what better teams than us do: the defense is in the other guys face. Yeah it's more tiring but you're avoiding players walking all over your zone at using your goalie for target practice.

You can tell our PP practices against our PK and I bet you they score.

Alright, back to the game. Go U!!!
                              Let's go Union !

Comment

A very well deserved win by Holy Cross! A very gritty team that wanted the W from the get go. They won lots of battles and it's reflected on the scoreboard.

Positives for U: not giving up, scoring the dirty goals.

We need some good rest now.
                                Let's go Union !

Comment

Working...
                                X