DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Re: Union College: 2016-2017

Video for the Michigan Game
      http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...ckey-body.html
      You have to subscribe

Kornacki: Wolverines Eager for Next Chapter
      http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...100516aab.html

"Michigan retains nine NHL draft picks on its roster, including freshmen forwards Will Lockwood and Nick Pastujov and goalie Jack LaFontaine."

We are giving away 10 lbs a player to Michigan as they are a much bigger team. Weight wise we are the 8th smallest team in DI. Cornell as usual is the 4th tallest and 4th heaviest.
      Last edited by Dutchman; 10-05-2016, 04:25 PM.
      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
        Video for the Michigan Game
        http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...ckey-body.html
        You have to subscribe

Kornacki: Wolverines Eager for Next Chapter
        http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-hock...100516aab.html

"Michigan retains nine NHL draft picks on its roster, including freshmen forwards Will Lockwood and Nick Pastujov and goalie Jack LaFontaine."

We are giving away 10 lbs a player to Michigan as they are a much bigger team. Weight wise we are the 8th smallest team in DI. Cornell as usual is the 4th tallest and 4th heaviest.
        I saw there was a stream link posted on their website finally (guess I'm too anxious for the season to start!) Go U!
        Union College Hockey
        2014 NCAA National Champions
        2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

Originally posted by UnionFan4Life View Post
          I saw there was a stream link posted on their website finally (guess I'm too anxious for the season to start!) Go U!
          Just got this email from the hockey office:
          Union Hockey at Michigan will be streamed both nights this weekend! Please follow the links listed below.
          Friday 10/7 7:30 PM: http://www.mgoblue.com/collegesportslive/?media=537956
          Saturday10/8 5:00 PM: http://www.mgoblue.com/collegesportslive/?media=537957

Back in 2013-2014, we got off to a shaky start. I think we were 1-2-2 or maybe it was 2-2-1. However, you could see the way the team was playing that they had "acid in the gut" and never quit. It will be interesting to see how hungry this team is. On paper, they have speed and scoring potential. Do they have the leadership? Have they all bought in? We will find out.
          Last edited by Dutchman; 10-05-2016, 09:30 PM.
          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by UnionFan4Life View Post
            Is it safe to assume that Teamline will still carry the radio broadcast?
            Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Does anyone know if Ryan Fay will be producing the Garment Hockey Report this year? http://garnethockeyreport.blogspot.com. I really enjoyed it these past few years.
              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Nice come from behind victory. Down 2-0 after the first 8 minutes. Vecchione and Taylor, seniors, step up in Q3. I only saw Q3 but they looked to be in mid-season form. We will see about tomorrow. Character win. We did not give up the lead once we got it. We outshot Michigan 40 - 23. The starting lineup was Vidmar, Foo, and Vecchione. Campbell and Taylor started Blueline. Foo had two goals and an assist. Vidmar had two assists. Freshmen Kolias, Rinaldi, and Brown saw some playing time. Alex was .870. Stopped 20/23. Needs to do better.. Will Kupsky start tomorrow?
                Last edited by Dutchman; 10-08-2016, 12:03 AM.
                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

That's a hell of a win at Yost. Congrats.
                  I saw our boys play out there a number of years ago and one thing is for sure. You're not going to get any calls or any breaks from the officials so that makes the "W" all the more impressive.
                  SLU

Comment

Thought Michigan looked talented but young. Union looked talented and more mature. Dutchmen carried the play and were relentless when they needed it. Very nice win.

Comment

Nice win !
                      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                        Nice win !
                        Thanks, Shabby!!! This is a very talented Michigan team with 12 draft picks but a very young team. I am glad we are catching them early in the season. They are going to be awesome once they gell. All of our seniors started, Krug, Litchtenwald, Pontarelli, Sak, Taylor, and Vecchione. How far the teams goes will depend on their leadership. I am just pleased we played all 60 minutes.
                        Last edited by Dutchman; 10-08-2016, 09:44 AM.
                        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Big win for the Dutchmen.

Comment

Happy with the split. We looked like we gave it 60 minutes both nights. Michigan is a very talented team. Michigan was billed as having a more experienced defense and I think we saw that in the second game. Our lineup for the second game looked like it included everyone who did not play in the first game. The Michigan goalie was always in position and square to the shooter. We have got to improve our "D" or it will be a long season.
                            Last edited by Dutchman; 10-09-2016, 06:41 AM.
                            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                              Happy with the split. We looked like we gave it 60 minutes both nights. Michigan is a very talented team. Michigan was billed as having a more experienced defense and I think we saw that in the second game. Our lineup for the second game looked like it included everyone who did not play in the first game. The Michigan goalie was always in position and square to the shooter. We have got to improve our "D" or it will be a long season.
                              Agreed - realistically couldn't expect more from a trip to Michigan...
                              Can't really just blame the D for that 2nd game - A goal from the point with no screen..
                              Missing point men on the power play with nobody covering for them...
                              too many questionable blind or errant passes .. See target hit target !!

Comment

Originally posted by Pokey View Post
                                Agreed - realistically couldn't expect more from a trip to Michigan...
                                Can't really just blame the D for that 2nd game - A goal from the point with no screen..
                                Missing point men on the power play with nobody covering for them...
                                too many questionable blind or errant passes .. See target hit target !!
                                My thoughts as well.
                                Blind passes to nobody (Hockey 101: look when you pass), too many defensive errors that cost us a goal every time.
                                Young goalie, he'll learn. They did show a lot of effort most of the time, but the finish wasn't there. They need to go all out until the puck is safely in the back of the net.
                                Game on Friday looked mature, Saturday not so much.

Overall, not bad considering we were playing Michigan!
                                Let's go Union !
                                ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
                                ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
                                NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

Working...
                                X