Union College: 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College: 2016-2017

I was there for two of those wins and a tie vs Gate a tough place to get a win. Would love to see Union pick up two more wins and get rewarded with another Cleary Cup. Vech & Foo have enjoyed monster seasons their offensive production has been both consistent and impactful. Either are deserving of being Hobey finalists.
    Sak will need to come up big again next weekend to bring the Cleary Cup back to Messa.
    Let's go U !

Comment

We held an excellent Qpack team to 18 shots, four of which occurred in a flurry in the first few minutes. Our own Ryan Scarfo scored their only goal. That was one of the most complete games I have seen all year.
      The Brendan Taylor line included Dufour and Eli on the wings. Connor Light played defense. We were hungry for the win. We are going to have to bring that hunger this weekend because I know that Colgate and Cornell are going to be just as hungry.
      Last edited by Dutchman; 02-20-2017, 02:13 PM.
      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

ncaa top 5 plays
        http://on.ncaa.com/2m5i6UY

Comment

t
          Last edited by sshablak; 02-24-2017, 12:02 PM.
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Another gritty win for Union.
            Vech comes through again with the OT winner.
            On to Lynah maybe the toughest place to play in the ECAC
            One more win and the Cleary Cup returns to Messa
            Let's go U !
            Last edited by Union27; 02-24-2017, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Two points closer - and what an exciting game to watch. Spencer Foo looked electric on the ice tonight and of course Vecchione, after his first great overtime chance didn't get through, put it home shortly thereafter. Thanks to Colgate for their free high definition video with great play calling. It's not going to get any easier tomorrow at Lynah with Cornell's physical play. Go U!
              Let's Go Union!!

Comment

#MikeVecchiHobey

I didn't get a chance to listen until late in the third, right as Colgate tied and took the lead. When Vidmar hit the post, I figured their luck had run out...but Rick Bennett talked about the resolve of this team and it truly showed. Vidmar got his due with the game-tying goal and the best player in the country put it away.

Here's hoping they can avenge the loss in Schenectady tonight!
                Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

What a game last night, for Gate fans a heartbreaker. You guys are good, Vecchione is better. Good luck going forward in the playoffs, make the ECAC proud. Maybe next year we can start a new Curseeeeee.
                  It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by aweise View Post
                    #MikeVecchiHobey

I didn't get a chance to listen until late in the third, right as Colgate tied and took the lead. When Vidmar hit the post, I figured their luck had run out...but Rick Bennett talked about the resolve of this team and it truly showed. Vidmar got his due with the game-tying goal and the best player in the country put it away.

Here's hoping they can avenge the loss in Schenectady tonight!
                    I swear I've never seen a puck hit the post that hard and stay out - it practically flew back out to the blueline. I definitely thought the ghosts of Starr were alive and kicking and THE CURSE II was beginning.. very nice karma that Sebastian righted that wrong.

And what can you say about Vecks.. he now holds the U record for most points in a season regardless of Division (Foo broke it last night too) and needs only 2 more to be the undisputed all-time career leader (both records held by Terry Campbell who played in D-III).

Would be nice to earn some hardware, but also an important game tonight for PairWise. U needs as good a spot as possible going into postseason where you never know what will happen and this an opportunity against a ranked opponent.
                    Last edited by ADK11; 02-25-2017, 12:23 PM.
                    UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Tonight's game reminds me of music from my more youthful days
                      "If you want it here it is come and get it ...."

Go U!!!

Comment

ADK great point about the Pairwise impact of tonight's game.
                        An away win vs Cornell considering their current standing would carry a lot of weight in Pairwise.
                        Both Vech and Foo continue to amaze me with their offensive production and clutch play.
                        Good luck tonight.
                        Go U !

Comment

Any free streaming for tonight's game? Colgates coverage was fantastic.

Comment

Colgate fan here and just wanted to say I hope Vecchione wins the Hobey Baker; what a player. Overtime of the penultimate regular season game with the Cleary Cup on the line and he strips our best player of the puck and singlehandedly wins it. Impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by uniondutch21 View Post
                              Any free streaming for tonight's game? Colgates coverage was fantastic.
                              It's the "poor" IVY LEAGUE. No free lunch. Open up and pay up.
                              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by Union27 View Post
                                ADK great point about the Pairwise impact of tonight's game.
                                An away win vs Cornell considering their current standing would carry a lot of weight in Pairwise.
                                Both Vech and Foo continue to amaze me with their offensive production and clutch play.
                                Good luck tonight.
                                Go U !
                                As a Harvard fan, rooting for Cornell turns my stomach. I'm downing a lot of Pepto Bismol to try and reconcile the fact that I need the Big Red to win tonight. The fact that it is Senior Night will guarantee a raucous crowd for sure but will it be enough? Still think we are going to see you guys one more time this year. Maybe two?

Comment

Working...
                                X