Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 Minnesota Twins -- How Low Can they Go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
    Now that we have the answer to the thread title, where do they go from here? Is Molitor in trouble? Get rid of some of the high-priced talent?
    Molitor is safe. Unless he wants out. Not his fault management is a fail. Proven by the fact that no one wants the Twins gm job.

Overpaying underperforming talent is the Twins way!
    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
      Molitor is safe. Unless he wants out. Not his fault management is a fail. Proven by the fact that no one wants the Twins gm job.

Overpaying underperforming talent is the Twins way!
      This times 10. Thank gawd the season is over. Only way to go is up from here. I hope.
      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Re: 2016 Minnesota Twins -- How Low Can they Go?

Plouffe be gone
        http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/1...r-plouffe.html
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

BREAKING NEWS . ... a match has been found for Rod Carew and he will be undergoing a heart transplant later today.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Cross-posting my comments from GPL:

My brother's first year as a batboy with the Twins was Rod's last as a Twin in 1978. Because the team was nearly completely ignored in those days (I think they averaged 10k or less that year) it was no sweat for him to bring me to more than a dozen games that summer and allow me to hang out in the locker rooms before and after games.

Although my brother worked for the visiting team I still got to meet plenty of Twins players in the three years he held the job. Although Rod was considered to be pretty aloof with the media (and who could blame him) he couldn't have been more gracious to an awestruck 10 y.o. meeting an idol on his favorite team. He even remembered my name after only our first brief encounter.

I still remember Carew Jersey day and the cheap, polyester shirt they handed out with a Dairy Queen logo that iirc was even larger than the Twins logo, but I loved it anyway and wore it everywhere. I hated the Twins for repeatedly letting talent like Rod, Lymon, etc. go via FA or trade in what seemed like an annual passage of talent reduction. They deserved the resulting attendance in those days.

Godspeed and good luck Sir Rodney!

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
              BREAKING NEWS . ... a match has been found for Rod Carew and he will be undergoing a heart transplant later today.
              Sounds like everything went well today. Godspeed Mr Carew.
              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Ron Gardenhire diagnosed with prostate cancer

Godspeed, Ron
                Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Looks like a 4-158 season!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                    Looks like a 4-158 season!!!
                    4-157 with 1 rainout not made up because it just doesn't matter.

Comment

Working...
                    X