Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Campaign 2016 Part XIII: Clinton destrueretur est. Trump est destruetur. Vox Populi!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XIII: Clinton destrueretur est. Trump est destruetur. Vox Pop

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Please answer specifically what policies they are much the same on and what different policy you suggest in each case. I'll take your answer off the air.
    Oh gee, how about... continuation of the endless war, continuation of the Toilet Seat Administration, Common Core (which is essentially No Child Left Behind II), a bait and switch on pretty much every single grievance when the Senator wasn't just saying Present...

American "two-party" politics: What happens is the same. The only thing that matters is which party is responsible.

Comment

• Re: Campaign 2016 Part XIII: Clinton destrueretur est. Trump est destruetur. Vox Pop

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Oh gee, how about... continuation of the endless war, continuation of the Toilet Seat Administration, Common Core (which is essentially No Child Left Behind II), a bait and switch on pretty much every single grievance when the Senator wasn't just saying Present...

American "two-party" politics: What happens is the same. The only thing that matters is which party is responsible.
      None of that is specific. I'm trying to understand whether you actually are citing cogent policy or just playing your InfoWars blowhard shtick.

What would President FlagDUDE do different from what both Dubya and Obama did much the same?
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Welp, Trump (or Trump's campaign) may have thrown out an anchor to stop their directionless campaign from drifting away.

http://gawker.com/why-has-donald-tru...182.1456588124

Trump's had his Twitter taken away by his new press advisor.

Or, his stubby fingers can't reach all the keys on his shiny new iPhone 6S Plus. One of the two.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

None of that is specific. I'm trying to understand whether you actually are citing cogent policy or just playing your InfoWars blowhard shtick.

What would President FlagDUDE do different from what both Dubya and Obama did much the same?
          Well, referencing two of his issues I would have withdrawn entirely from the middle east and told them all to go **** themselves. I then would have issued an Executive Order declaring No Child Left Behind or any other Federal Policies regarding schools are hereby abolished for eternity.

That being said comparing the two as equals is folly. While W will go down as our worst President of all time for the destruction he left in his wake. Obama will at least fall into the top 20.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            Well, referencing two of his issues I would have withdrawn entirely from the middle east and told them all to go **** themselves. I then would have issued an Executive Order declaring No Child Left Behind or any other Federal Policies regarding schools are hereby abolished for eternity.

That being said comparing the two as equals is folly. While W will go down as our worst President of all time for the destruction he left in his wake. Obama will at least fall into the top 20.
            Thank you, at least that's something to work with.

Flag seems to be saying that if you do anything short of that you're "much the same." I disagree -- I think his preferences are so extreme and delusional that he is basically putting himself on one end of the spectrum any everybody else on the other. And from that POV then yes, everybody else looks much the same. But that says less about them than about him.

It would be like me saying that from my hippy-dippy-worker's-paradise POV, Clinton and Trump's economic policies are "much the same."
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

One, I'd follow the Constitution and wait until I am eligible to become President.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                Could "It's the economy, stupid" be turned against a Clinton this time?
                http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...06-28-14-55-42
                http://www.politico.com/story/2016/0...-speech-224891
                Nope. Not for us white-collars anyway. I'm much better off today than I was in 2009.

Now, if you lost your job putting the holes in the doughnuts at the local plant a decade ago, and you've been in "loss prevention" (aka, a greeter) at Wal-Mart for minimum wage ever since, maybe Trump's narrative sings to you. It's factually incorrect, but to someone with an understanding of economics that amounts to "I operated a lemonade stand in 2nd grade", I can understand why some would like it.

Comment

Thank you, at least that's something to work with.

Flag seems to be saying that if you do anything short of that you're "much the same." I disagree -- I think his preferences are so extreme and delusional that he is basically putting himself on one end of the spectrum any everybody else on the other. And from that POV then yes, everybody else looks much the same. But that says less about them than about him.
                  Wasn't it mentioned during the last couple of elections that you're racist if you don't vote for Barry Sotoero?

I find it ironic you're trying to create such a divide between others and myself. You're playing into the hands of the New World Order. They want us divided, because we're easier to attack.

Comment

538 runs the numbers on an interesting question: what's the breakdown of marriages by political affiliation?

For heterosexual marriages, with ladies first:
                    Code:
                    .25 DD
                    .04 ID
                    .03 RD
                    .06 DI
                    .15 II
                    .05 RI
                    .06 DR
                    .05 IR
                    .30 RR
                    There's lots more great analysis because it's 538, of course there is.
                    I would've guessed the number of D-leaning or registered women married to R-leaning or registered men would be a bit higher than 6%.

Comment

While W will go down as our worst President of all time for the destruction he left in his wake.
                      Jimmy Carter is calling to argue this
                      "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                      Groucho Marx
                      "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                      Ron White
                      "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                      Milo Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
                        You might want to tell Pat you need to buy a vowel.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
                          Carter had bad timing. He and Hoover both get undeserved bad raps. (And both were victims of an international economy they didn't create.)

Even though Dubya is the worst president in 100 years, it's going to be hard to beat Buchanan. Dubya may have destroyed the economy and our foreign policy for a generation, but he didn't run us into a civil war. He will forever be, at worst, #2 GOAT.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Carter had bad timing. He and Hoover both get bad raps.

Even though Dubya is the worst president in 100 years, it's going to be hard to beat Buchanan. Dubya may have destroyed the economy and our foreign policy for a generation, but he didn't run us into a civil war. He will forever be, at worst, #2 GOAT.
                            Civil War was the right war at the right time. Just the wrong result. W wins in a landslide in my mind. He destroyed everything in his wake and nothing he destroyed needed destroying.

Comment

Alkie Franklin Pierce, Limp-wrist James Buchanan, and Useless Herbert Hoover were all pretty bad.

Do those work as Trump insults?

Comment

Civil War was the right war at the right time.
                                If Lincoln had just let them go the USA would have been a far, far better place.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X