X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Days Since Last Mass Shooting: 0 - II

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    According to people in attendance, that is exactly what kept it from being worse, the gunman was shot by Capitol Police. Had the Capitol Police not been there, the gunman likely would have shot many more people.
    and I'm glad the police were armed and able to deal with the situation. I'm glad it wasn't a wild west shoot out with a dozen hillbilly poorly trained concealed carry hero want-to-bes exchanging fire and confusing things for the police

what really would have been great is if this nut job didn't have a semi automatic rifle.

Why is the solution on the right "we just need more people with guns to protect us from nutjobs with guns" and never "how do we keep the nutjob from getting a gun?"
    Last edited by BassAle; 06-14-2017, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      Rand Paul‏Verified account @RandPaul

.@Judgenap: Why do we have a Second Amendment? It's not to shoot deer. It's to shoot at the government when it becomes tyrannical!

9:48 AM - 23 Jun 2016
      To all would-be assailants: Just remember you're not in a video game, where some lone dude is overpowered to take out everyone. And you also don't respawn.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
        and I'm glad the police were armed and able to deal with the situation. I'm glad it wasn't a wild west shoot out with a dozen hillbilly poorly trained concealed carry hero want-to-bes exchanging fire and confusing things for the police

what really would have been great is if this nut job didn't have a semi automatic rifle.
        They were already "illegal" in the area. Last I checked, criminals don't follow laws, otherwise they wouldn't be criminals.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          Apparently the guy is a 66 year old dumb***** who's facebook is full of Pro-Bernie/anti-Trump crap. Smooth.
          Here is hoping he suffered...
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            They were already "illegal" in the area. Last I checked, criminals don't follow laws, otherwise they wouldn't be criminals.
            Might as well decriminalize everything then.

Comment

Originally posted by DisplacedCornellian View Post
              Might as well decriminalize everything then.
              You saw it here first: Left-winger calling for anarchy.

Comment

When aging hippies freak out you know it's bad

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  When aging hippies freak out you know it's bad
                  They were told not to eat the brown acid.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

so apparently there was shooting with multiple deaths at a UPS facility in San Francisco.

*** is wrong with us

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/14/us/san...ing/index.html

Comment

I tend to believe that without 24-hour news, most of what we call "mass shootings" would merely be on the local tube, and not become national stories. There can't be more shootings now than there were in the 70s and 80s, right?

This morning's event is obviously an exception, because a Congressman was involved.

Comment

Why is the solution on the right "we just need more people with guns to protect us from nutjobs with guns" and never "how do we keep the nutjob from getting a gun?"
                        I have to say that in this particular incident, while listening to Rand Paul's description of events, my thought was that it was fortunate this guy didn't have a scoped bolt action hunting rifle. 50 plus shots and only 4 casualties is very lucky. Paul described bullets hitting the dirt around people laying on the field with no place to hide. A dozen accurate shots could have easily tripled the casualties. That's not meant to be an argument here, just an observation of this incident.
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                          I tend to believe that without 24-hour news, most of what we call "mass shootings" would merely be on the local tube, and not become national stories. There can't be more shootings now than there were in the 70s and 80s, right?

This morning's event is obviously an exception, because a Congressman was involved.
                          shooting up your place of employment hasn't always been a thing, right?

Comment

I know you're being sarcastic here, and I agree we shouldn't brush off a few dead bodies at the local warehouse when could be doing something. I'm just making the observation.

If this were Fark, here's where you'd add "BSABSVR". I guess it's my turn to be Fishy this morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                              It has been pretty much my entire life. Going postal was a phrase used in junior high, if not earlier.

Comment

Here's what The New York Times had to say:

the shootings … quickly focused attention on the degree to which inflammatory language, threats and implicit instigations to violence have become a steady undercurrent in the nation’s political culture

of course, that was from 2011....
                                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Working...
                                X