X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Days Since Last Mass Shooting: 0 - II

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    They don't? That's really weird -- they ought to, particularly as they would be easier to index and status.
    I can't find them online for either the Grand Forks Herald or the Fargo Forum (both Forum Communications Companies).

Though maybe the whole idea is to obscure them so people can't properly respond.
    < ding > Tell 'im what he's won, Johnny.

Now, back to that prior question:
    I was reading the legal notices in the paper today*. A woman is petitioning the court to sever parental rights of the birthfather of her child ... a child expected to be born July 16, 2016 (no typo). Now I'm confused. Could she have brought such legal action say seven or eight months ago when it was "... the cluster of cells ..." Kepler posits?
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      I personally have cared for a couple who got pregnant despite her having a tubal ligation and he having a vasectomy. Yes, he did get tested before they messed around. What part of their having sex was not responsible?
      Kepler has your answer for you:

Anecdotes do not connote a strong argument.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

It is telling, though, that the discussion of reproductive rights transitions so neatly into arguments about the morality of sexuality. Pro-life is often just a cover for blue nose hatred of sexuality -- particularly female sexuality not under the control of a man (father, husband, pastor). The argument about life quickly drops away in a deluge of frustration and terror that women have equal sexual agency.

That ship has sailed. Get used to disappointment.

Sic semper tyrannis.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Biologically you can't separate sex from reproduction.

I know someone who firmly believes abortion is the ultimate male control over female reproductive rights. They make a pretty decent argument, namely (and they are far more eloquent making it) --> Abortion only really became a great issue when the sexual revolution happened and males convinced females it's fine to < bleep > whatever strikes your fancy that minute. The minute females were convinced that would be empowering, the males didn't want the consequences and the females potentially were left with the toughest situation. Males said here is your option, see-ya.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
            I wish you well when someday you experience a blow job.

The argument re: sexual freedom is slavery is patently absurd. It's predicated on the ancient notion of women using sex to trap men into marrying and supporting them. By giving their milk for free the sluts have debased the currency of women's sexual blackmail and thus brought all the sisters low.

I am honestly at a loss to explain how insanely sexist that is because it is elemental. I don't mean that as a jab -- it's an indicator that we part so early in our premises that there can be no common ground and no mutual understanding. I honestly can't imagine what it's like inside your head without resorting to unfair tropes, and suspect the converse is true.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Les: no matter the prevention measures, there is always a possibility of a baby. That's on the people to know better. It's ALWAYS a possibility. Believe me, I know (and you do too). You want NO BABY PERIOD? Well, there is one option, otherwise, there is always that chance. Always.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

That's not an argument that's going to resonate with people as a reason for overturning Roe vs. Wade.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  That's not an argument that's going to resonate with people as a reason for overturning Roe vs. Wade.
                  I agree. People want and love the sex. Don't blame 'em. Obvious reasons.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

We've gone from people shooting guns to men who would like to be shooting blanks yet aren't.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Well, duh... http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/0...as-not-worked/

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        What is it about conservatives in general and gun advocates in particular that are so bad with facts. A) no place do European police 'admit gun control has not worked' B) there are no across the board facts to back up that assertion.

In fact, 1) The US has a much higher gun rate of ownership than any country in the world...over 200 of countries https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number...ita_by_country 2) There is a much, much higher rate of gun violence (not suicide) in the US than in any other developed country...and by a long shot http://www.cbsnews.com/news/how-u-s-...her-countries/

And in case you weren't sure:

Americans are seven times more likely to die from violence and six times more likely to be accidentally killed with a gun.

Even though it has half the population of the other 22 nations combined, the United States accounted for 82 percent of all gun deaths. The United States also accounted for 90 percent of all women killed by guns. Ninety-one percent of children under 14 who died by gun violence were in the United States (and call me crazy, but I don't buy the death rate among those under 14 was due to suicide).
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

I know someone who firmly believes abortion is the ultimate male control over female reproductive rights. They make a pretty decent argument, namely (and they are far more eloquent making it) --> Abortion only really became a great issue when the sexual revolution happened and males convinced females it's fine to < bleep > whatever strikes your fancy that minute. The minute females were convinced that would be empowering, the males didn't want the consequences and the females potentially were left with the toughest situation. Males said here is your option, see-ya.
                          Wow. As a woman, I can't even begin to tell you how offensive that is. It assumes that women didn't ever want to have sex until the males convinced them it was OK. Until men decided to tell women it was OK to have sexuality without being labeled as a slut women didn't want any. Are you kidding? That is the ultimate in male arrogance. Our culture is way f up.

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          Les: no matter the prevention measures, there is always a possibility of a baby. That's on the people to know better. It's ALWAYS a possibility. Believe me, I know (and you do too). You want NO BABY PERIOD? Well, there is one option, otherwise, there is always that chance. Always.
                          No kidding. There really are people who do not know birth control could fail. We have a brilliant idea that parents, who many times are more ignorant than their kids, should be teaching sexuality in the home vs the school teaching it. When I would write a prescription for a birth control pill to control nasty periods in a young teen (not for BC) I would do the teaching with the parent in the room so they knew what I was doing and why. I always talked about how periods worked and the risks/benefits of med INCLUDING the birth control part because even if they weren't having sex I wanted them informed. If they didn't have sex for 5 yrs people would assume they knew stuff because they were on the pill. Every time, every single time, the parent would say "Really? I didn't know that" at least once. And it wasn't something little that was news to them.

Comment

Wow. As a woman, I can't even begin to tell you how offensive that is. It assumes that women didn't ever want to have sex until the males convinced them it was OK. Until men decided to tell women it was OK to have sexuality without being labeled as a slut women didn't want any. Are you kidding? That is the ultimate in male arrogance. Our culture is way f up.
                            If you didn't like that, here's better: The theory was presented to me by a female.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

... teaching sexuality ...
                              There's the rub for many --> sexuality or reproduction. One is mechanical-factual, the other is everywhere from strictly personal to deeply emotional to religious.

(Again, the messenger would prefer to not have his Kevlar body armor tested.)

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

If you didn't like that, here's better: The theory was presented to me by a female.
                                So what? Why do you think that makes it any less sexist?

Sexism isn't a male disease. Plenty of people are trapped into belief systems that perpetuate their secondary status. Phyllis Schlafly has made a career flying around the world telling women to stay home.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X