X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Days Since Last Mass Shooting: 0 - II

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
    I find it interesting that, for the most part, the one side that wants guns are ok to have innocent people die via the hands of bad people. As there's no real law to prevent it, and no new law will do anything to prevent it. And no law to restrict guns in anyway is constitutional.

I really wonder if one of your family members was in a mass shooting, if you would feel the exact same way.
    I've been hit by a drunk driver. Watched a friend's head pop a side window out. The drunk totaled my car.

I didn't get angry at their Chevy Silverado.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
      Yep. She had the power to stop it all, one call to the police or FBI. Did nothing. This is a person that deserves our collective anger.
      She will be charged. She will be prosecuted. She will be convicted. Send a message.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
        One isolated incident? Are you a ****ing moron? This is is hardly an isolated incident.
        We're waiting for you to show this amount of outrage at every other murder or homicide that happens across the world.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          She will be charged. She will be prosecuted. She will be convicted. Send a message.
          She probably has a problem with driving him to the nightclub to scope it out. I would think authorities will pursue some sort of conspiracy charge.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            Hopefully. This is absolutely what should happen, I don't exactly have faith that it will go down that way.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I really wish people would stop using the drunk driving comparison. Because drunk driving accidents are accidents. They're not premeditated/planned like this was.

Also, I get the idea of owning a gun to protect your home. My fear there is I own a gun. Someone breaks in. I shoot and kill. I get convicted of murder. Or sued by the robber's family or something.

Comment

Getting convicted of murder for shooting someone in your own home when they haven't been invited in is almost nil. Almost.

There was a guy in Minnesota convicted. But there was substantial evidence he executed them after the threat ended.

Ditto in civil court.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Meanwhile here's the NRA's stance.

National Rifle Association: Official Says Government's 'Political Correctness' Led to Orlando Shooting
                  Chris Cox, NRA Institute for Legislative Action executive director, wrote in USA Today that "political correctness" prevented federal action from being taken against the gunman prior to the attack.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    I really wish people would stop using the drunk driving comparison. Because drunk driving accidents are accidents. They're not premeditated/planned like this was.

Also, I get the idea of owning a gun to protect your home. My fear there is I own a gun. Someone breaks in. I shoot and kill. I get convicted of murder. Or sued by the robber's family or something.
                    I only do it to point out the machine that takes more lives and how we accept that risk.

And for a nuance moment: Let's not call drunk drivers "accidents". An accident is unforeseeable (or you'd avoid it, right?). Drunks cause crashes. I can't find it now, but Sunday's Fargo Forum had an article stating that Minnesota was going to stop using the word "accident" regarding drunk drivers and call them what they are: crashes. Someone is responsible for a crash. I agree with the view.
                    Last edited by The Sicatoka; 06-14-2016, 04:25 PM.
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      Getting convicted of murder for shooting someone in your own home when they haven't been invited in is almost nil. Almost.

There was a guy in Minnesota convicted. But there was substantial evidence he executed them after the threat ended.

Ditto in civil court.
                      The Minnesota dude?
                      He stopped them (defense, legal).
                      Then he went and got a different gun (murder).
                      Last edited by The Sicatoka; 06-14-2016, 04:26 PM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        They're called crashes, not accidents. Stop using the word accidents as a description of these incidents.

That car being steered by a drunk driver didn't "accidentally" veer into that lane of traffic to hit another car head on. The drunk driver crashed into someone.
                        That car that blew through a red light because the driver was texting? It's not an accident, it's a crash caused by distracted driving.
                        Tie rod snaps on a curve and the Corvette wrapped itself around a tree? Likely an accident.
                        Tie rod snapped on the Corvette because the driver took the curve at over 100 MPH and skidded off into the woods? It's a @#$%^&*( crash!
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                          Lots of gang members frequent Cabelas, I guess.
                          Since 1968, Illinois is the ONLY state in the nation which requires all owners of firearms who are residents of the state to register for a Firearm Owners Identification (FOID) card before they are legally allowed to posses or purchase firearms or ammunition.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
                            We are implored over and over again to remember that Omar Mateen does not represent all Muslims. But in the eyes of the usual libturds and the media, he does represent all gun owners. Hmm...
                            Wow...nice use of the Right Wing FB meme. That is about as creative as clickbait articles about animal friendships
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Fine. It's a crash. What it isn't is pre-meditated with intent of causing death because of hate.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                I'd feel terrible if a family member of mine was in a mass shooting. I'd feel equally terrible if a family member of mine were killed in a knife attack or by a kid texting and driving. I would demand justice and punishment of the offender and anyone who assisted him or her.

What I wouldn't do is demand that we ban or severely restrict the use of all cellphones or cars or knives.
                                But because of the dangers we DO severely restrict texting and driving. Why do you guys keep bringing up stuff we already do to prove why we SHOULDNT DO it for guns?
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X