X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Days Since Last Mass Shooting: 0 - II

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Lol. Good luck with that.

http://www.startribune.com/suspect-charged-in-connection-with-violent-home-invasion-robbery/364447261/
    Congrats you found one. You may think your smarter than the police on this, but personally I'll go with them on the matter of crime.

The NVDRS reports that there were 16,000 homicides from violent crime. Yet there were 5.4 million cases of violent crime. That represents of homicide rate of 0.3% in the case of violent crimes. You may want a gun battle with the next criminal you see, I'll pay $50 to improve my chances of living.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

As you sit comfortably at your favorite internet cafe, sipping a chai tea latte, watch this:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S9UxU6G_P8

This was a case we studied in one of my concealed carry classes.
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
        Crazy Mainers break up shooting at Wal Mart
        http://www.wcsh6.com/news/local/augu...ting/257256957
        drug dealers shooting at each other, why bother breaking it up? Let them shoot at each other and wait for the cops to get there. At least someone gets to feel like a hero, and gets the rare justification for concealed carry. If one of those bystandards got shot, would it have been worth stepping in?

Comment

Crazy Mainers break up shooting at Wal Mart
          http://www.wcsh6.com/news/local/augu...ting/257256957
          Even in that case, while it worked out, the cops are saying that being a hero isn't exactly the best thing to do in that scenario.
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Sounds kind of good in the movies but kind of scary when you think about it. Makes me think of the wild west. Personally it does not comfort me to know all those people are armed and in a walmart parking lot. This turned out OK but what if it got nasty? Instead of 2 guys shooting at each other you could have had 4 armed people shooting at each other. The potential for innocent bystanders being hurt... So many nopes.

[perhaps it is my lack of testosterone?]

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
              drug dealers shooting at each other, why bother breaking it up? Let them shoot at each other and wait for the cops to get there. At least someone gets to feel like a hero, and gets the rare justification for concealed carry. If one of those bystandards got shot, would it have been worth stepping in?
              Which is why I said crazy mainers. I would have called 911 even if I had an uzi in my pocket.
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Were the IMIQs* ever in immediate fear of great bodily harm or death? Asked another way: Did the muzzle of one of the arrested folks' weapon ever point at them? If not, the IMIQs could have a problem depending on the local DA.

*IMIQ - intervening Mainers in question
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                  Sounds kind of good in the movies but kind of scary when you think about it. Makes me think of the wild west. Personally it does not comfort me to know all those people are armed and in a walmart parking lot. This turned out OK but what if it got nasty? Instead of 2 guys shooting at each other you could have had 4 armed people shooting at each other. The potential for innocent bystanders being hurt... So many nopes.

Some of this gets back to what Hollywood makes us think of the Wild West. Gun battles weren't nearly as common as modern society generally believes, and it's often rooted in the mythology that's sprung up with movies and television. Yes, there were some outlaws causing issues, and they would sometimes turn violent, but not everyday was the OK Corral.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

We just need to get you a pistol and a CPL, and then you'll feel empowered to be a real-life Dirty Harry whenever you go out in public.

Comment

Which is why I said crazy mainers. I would have called 911 even if I had an uzi in my pocket.
                      I just read an article and it sounded like shooting had stopped and things had devolved into a fistfight before they stepped in to break up the altercation

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        Some of this gets back to what Hollywood makes us think of the Wild West. Gun battles weren't nearly as common as modern society generally believes, and it's often rooted in the mythology that's sprung up with movies and television. Yes, there were some outlaws causing issues, and they would sometimes turn violent, but not everyday was the OK Corral.
                        I was thinking more of the people going around with weapons to normal places. IMHO there is no reason in modern society to do that other than an excess of paranoia or need to show who has the bigger *

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                          I was thinking more of the people going around with weapons to normal places. IMHO there is no reason in modern society to do that other than an excess of paranoia or need to show who has the bigger *
                          In Maine guns are everywhere, once they they passed the law anyone could carry,it just made it legal(they were carrying anyway). I know folks who carry. I think they are crazy but it's their choice.
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

In Maine guns are everywhere, once they they passed the law anyone could carry,it just made it legal(they were carrying anyway). I know folks who carry. I think they are crazy but it's their choice.
                            I have no patience for machismo. If you truly might be in danger- you are in a place far out in the middle of no where and people roaming around out there might do you violence or you might run into something that would be hunting you for dinner then yup, I would carry too. Just to do it because you can and to show people you can? Reminds me of teenagers that wear too much make up, dress ridiculously, act like idiots because they are trying to show they are adults. There are a lot of things you could do but when you are an adult you realize it is silly and stop doing it just because you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot
                              I don't think that's necessarily true anymore. CNN right now just got done discussing that the security personnel in Turkey engaged the perps in the airport immediately to restrict their progress rather than allow them to go about their business. The commentary went on to say this is something security in US airports will need to adopt going forward as we have more and more examples of such acts being carried out. They're not referring to civilians of course, but...
                              Pretty sure 5mn was talking about civies. The security forces engage as soon as the CBA goes positive.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

If you truly might be in danger- you are in a place far out in the middle of no where ...
                                Driving through vast stretches of ND, SD, and central and northern MN ...

... and people roaming around out there might do you violence ...
                                You mean like those people who took over an abandoned farmstead two miles up the road from a friend's place to make a meth lab? Or do you mean the folks that are robbing farmsteads in broad daylight? And that's not anywhere near the Bakken. That's a whole other mess.

... or you might run into something that would be hunting you for dinner ...
                                You mean having coyotes and moose in your yard isn't normal for the rest of you? And you all haven't found mountain lion tracks in the fresh snow in your driveway? Really? Where do you people live?

... then yup, I would carry too.
                                Welcome to my world.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X