This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Days Since Last Mass Shooting: 0 - II

I find it interesting that, for the most part, the one side that wants guns are ok to have innocent people die via the hands of bad people. As there's no real law to prevent it, and no new law will do anything to prevent it. And no law to restrict guns in anyway is constitutional.

I really wonder if one of your family members was in a mass shooting, if you would feel the exact same way.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
      It's a trick question because "gun deaths" mostly equals "suicides by gun." (Imagine what would happen if you woke up and realized you were living in Alaska or Louisiana or Mississippi.) Go on and check out "firearm homicide" or "mass shootings."
      From your article "In looking solely at the numbers of gun deaths and gun crimes,the data back up Obama, not Fiorina. But both politicians imply a causation that’s impossible to prove — that gun control laws lead to fewer or greater gun crimes or gun deaths. Obama talked about gun deaths, while Fiorina said “gun crime rates,” which could include aggravated assault and robberies."

The first sentence sums it up nicely. But also, seven of the top ten gun murder rate states received a Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence rating of F.

There is a strong correlation between gun deaths and lax gun control.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
        I find it interesting that, for the most part, the one side that wants guns are ok to have innocent people die via the hands of bad people. As there's no real law to prevent it, and no new law will do anything to prevent it. And no law to restrict guns in anyway is constitutional.

I really wonder if one of your family members was in a mass shooting, if you would feel the exact same way.
        That's the beauty of internet arguments for some. Integrity doesn't matter.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
          We are implored over and over again to remember that Omar Mateen does not represent all Muslims. But in the eyes of the usual libturds and the media, he does represent all gun owners. Hmm...
          Where has anyone said or even implied that he represents all gun owners?

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
            It's a trick question because "gun deaths" mostly equals "suicides by gun." (Imagine what would happen if you woke up and realized you were living in Alaska or Louisiana or Mississippi.) Go on and check out "firearm homicide" or "mass shootings."
            I woke up wondering how work was gonna go.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I find it interesting that, for the most part, the one side that wants guns are ok to have innocent people die via the hands of bad people.
              Yep. That's the only reason anyone would want to own a gun.
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                From your article "In looking solely at the numbers of gun deaths and gun crimes,the data back up Obama, not Fiorina. But both politicians imply a causation that’s impossible to prove — that gun control laws lead to fewer or greater gun crimes or gun deaths. Obama talked about gun deaths, while Fiorina said “gun crime rates,” which could include aggravated assault and robberies."

The first sentence sums it up nicely. But also, seven of the top ten gun murder rate states received a Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence rating of F.

There is a strong correlation between gun deaths and lax gun control.
                Subtract the suicides. The article also talks about that.
                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
                  We are implored over and over again to remember that Omar Mateen does not represent all Muslims. But in the eyes of the usual libturds and the media, he does represent all gun owners. Hmm...
                  Hey redneck (I can use that since you use libturds),

I'm liberal AND a gun owner AND for more gun regulations.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                    Political Correctness caused Orlando, per the NRA
                    If you want people who see something to say something, but you're then going to turn repercussions on the reporter because their report is *ist, then "political correctness" truly is a problem. It destroys vocabulary, the transfer of knowledge, and turns people into brainless sheeple.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                      Where has anyone said or even implied that he represents all gun owners?
                      How about the millions of trigger happy (pun intended) keyboard (or microphone) cowboys calling for all this gun legislation because of this one isolated incident? It's no different from the Clinton donor looking to go all Jimmy Carter on people observing a religion.

Comment

Trick question, they would simply stop the mass shooting and go on about their day.

I had a guy at work wondering why someone didn't just pick up a body to use as a shield and charge the guy, because you know, that would be the smart and easy thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          How about the millions of trigger happy (pun intended) keyboard (or microphone) cowboys calling for all this gun legislation because of this one isolated incident? It's no different from the Clinton donor looking to go all Jimmy Carter on people observing a religion.
                          One isolated incident? Are you a ****ing moron? This is is hardly an isolated incident.

Comment

Well, the dad's a moron and now the wife is a moron.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/orl...%3Dsm_fb_mojoe
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I'd feel terrible if a family member of mine was in a mass shooting. I'd feel equally terrible if a family member of mine were killed in a knife attack or by a kid texting and driving. I would demand justice and punishment of the offender and anyone who assisted him or her.

What I wouldn't do is demand that we ban or severely restrict the use of all cellphones or cars or knives.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                Well, the dad's a moron and now the wife is a moron.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/orl...%3Dsm_fb_mojoe
                                Yep. She had the power to stop it all, one call to the police or FBI. Did nothing. This is a person that deserves our collective anger.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X