• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Days Since Last Mass Shooting: 0 - II

Originally posted by USAFA Bulldog View Post
    Lack of pirates.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Round and round we go.

To Drew's (asinine) point...

Mass murderers elect to kill the masses.

Heart attacks, Cancer and car accidents are chance.

So yes, there is quite a difference and no, making a big deal out of 50 people gunned down (and hundreds more injured) in public with a weapon that no private citizen should have a right to own is not even a slight overreaction.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        Drunk driver kills someone, we blame the driver, not the car. So why are we going after the implement instead of the person here?
        Okay. You know what, good point here.

So, let's treat them equal. Every gun owner will be required to get a license for the privilege of operating a firearm. Just like a driver's license. In fact, the State of Illinois has that already (Firearms Owner ID card (FOID Card)), so let's roll it to every state.

Next, each firearm has a unique serial number, just like a VIN, so each weapon will need to be registered with the state you reside in (AND currently have a FOID card in). Each guns registration is good for one year, and must be displayed on the firearm. (Just like a license plate renewal sticker).

DUI rules apply to firearm use. You will be arrested for using your firearm with a BAC >0.08.

Also, you can have your FOID card revoked for medical reasons, just like a driver's license. (This one will help get Drew on board my proposal.)

Still with me Flaggy? This is a great idea! Glad you helped co-author this.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          global warming??
          OK mookie, I'm giving you the award for Troll of the Year. That was well-timed, funny, and just plain priceless. You win.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
            Round and round we go.

So yes, there is quite a difference and no, making a big deal out of 50 people gunned down (and hundreds more injured) in public with a weapon that no private citizen should have a right to own is not even a slight overreaction.
            I think we need to start worrying that these are getting bigger and bigger. This was a total massacre.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

So, let's treat them equal. Every gun owner will be required to get a license for the privilege of operating a firearm. Just like a driver's license. In fact, the State of Illinois has that already (Firearms Owner ID card (FOID Card)), so let's roll it to every state.

Next, each firearm has a unique serial number, just like a VIN, so each weapon will need to be registered with the state you reside in (AND currently have a FOID card in). Each guns registration is good for one year, and must be displayed on the firearm. (Just like a license plate renewal sticker).

DUI rules apply to firearm use. You will be arrested for using your firearm with a BAC >0.08.

Also, you can have your FOID card revoked for medical reasons, just like a driver's license. (This one will help get Drew on board my proposal.)

So it's no longer a right but a privilege? Fuggetaboutit. National gun registries happen in every single oppressive regime. They get taken out. Then when they come after you, there's no one left to defend you.

Take your registry to Venezuela or North Korea where it belongs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                Round and round we go.

As we've seen in Europe, there is only so much we can do. Life has to go on. The three things I mentioned carry significantly greater risk for the average person than terrorism.

To humor you, what exactly do you propose we do to prevent something like this from happening again?
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                  lots of hotel rooms have balconies
                  Not in Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    I think we need to start worrying that these are getting bigger and bigger. This was a total massacre.
                    if this doesn't get rid of these, nothing will.
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

Those are the laws in Mass, still a lot of people getting shot. If states want to do it, have at it. I don't think that legislation is appropriate at the federal level though. And what do you do when people run afoul of those laws? Do you want a lot more people in jail?
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        So it's no longer a right but a privilege? Fuggetaboutit. National gun registries happen in every single oppressive regime. They get taken out. Then when they come after you, there's no one left to defend you.

Take your registry to Venezuela or North Korea where it belongs.
                        Now hold up. I never said that you couldn't own one without going through the loops, just *using* one. Lots of people own classic cars that they never register or drive. Obviously people buy and sell classic cars that never get registered. Same could still take place with guns.

I'm not changing anything other than treating guns and cars alike.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          As we've seen in Europe, there is only so much we can do. Life has to go on. The three things I mentioned carry significantly greater risk for the average person than terrorism.

To humor you, what exactly do you propose we do to prevent something like this from happening again?

Anything beyond a hunting rifle or shotgun should be illegal for citizens to possess.

Yes, this ****ball could have killed some people with a rifle, but not 50.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            None of this matters. If it didn't matter when a class full of kindergarteners got their heads ventilated by a ****** with a gun, it won't matter now. You literally cannot mass murder enough people to overcome the folks who get massive boners from their guns.
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                              ... Do you want a lot more people in jail?
                              execution works. no reason to waste time, money, effort or resources on jail.
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Did I hear right this morning that he had a fully automatic rifle? Or was that just misinformation, or premature speculation?
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X