Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    As a friend of mine said, when it comes to where I hit, I'm white and I'm proud!
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Jim Furyk is on the 18th fairway. If he goes
      Par 58
      Birdie 57
      Bogie 59
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

58 it is. Wow.

Comment

mookie???

http://trib.al/7XYJ3NO
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Well Rory wins the Fedex, but the celebration and Ryder Cup will have a pall over them with the passing of Arnold Palmer.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Well Rory wins the Fedex, but the celebration and Ryder Cup will have a pall over them with the passing of Arnold Palmer.
              $11.5 million doesn't mean much right now.
              Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

*sadly mixes iced tea and lemonade*
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                  *sadly mixes iced tea and lemonade*
                  Arnie was all class and will no doubt be missed. RIP Mr Palmer.
                  Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Anyone on this Board attending the Ryder Cup this week?

I didn't get tickets, initially, because I couldn't be gone the entire week. As it turns out, Friday opened up so I started looking for tickets a couple of months ago, monitoring the online ticket exchanges, primarily StubHub and PrimeSport (which is the "official" exchange site). For maybe once I got extraordinarily lucky on the tickets.

I really expected ticket prices to plummet as we neared the time of the event. There were a ton of tickets available online, and people were pretty proud of them.

Finally, last Wednesday night I decided to pull the trigger because I was going to be out of town this past Thursday-Sunday. Got three tickets for this Friday at $158/ticket, which was actually the lowest I'd seen them since I started monitoring. Tickets arrived this past Friday.

I was dreading what would happen to ticket prices once I pulled the trigger, figuring I'd see tickets listed at $100 or less by this week. Pleasantly surprised to see that apparently there has been a run on tickets and prices are now climbing to a point $100 or more than what I paid a few days ago. Looks like I actually timed the price to be the low water mark, something I usually reserve for my stock sales.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

cool
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        Anyone on this Board attending the Ryder Cup this week?

I didn't get tickets, initially, because I couldn't be gone the entire week. As it turns out, Friday opened up so I started looking for tickets a couple of months ago, monitoring the online ticket exchanges, primarily StubHub and PrimeSport (which is the "official" exchange site). For maybe once I got extraordinarily lucky on the tickets.

I really expected ticket prices to plummet as we neared the time of the event. There were a ton of tickets available online, and people were pretty proud of them.

Finally, last Wednesday night I decided to pull the trigger because I was going to be out of town this past Thursday-Sunday. Got three tickets for this Friday at $158/ticket, which was actually the lowest I'd seen them since I started monitoring. Tickets arrived this past Friday.

I was dreading what would happen to ticket prices once I pulled the trigger, figuring I'd see tickets listed at $100 or less by this week. Pleasantly surprised to see that apparently there has been a run on tickets and prices are now climbing to a point $100 or more than what I paid a few days ago. Looks like I actually timed the price to be the low water mark, something I usually reserve for my stock sales.
                        I have a buddy or two that are going to the practice rounds, but that's about it. There's a local watering hole I usually hit up on Sundays for the NFL games in Eden Prairie, and I'm going nowhere near that area this week. It's going to be traffic hell.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

ryder cup is best seen from your couch.
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            I wish we could get the British broadcast in this country.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              Or a bar stool.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I wish we could get the British broadcast in this country.
                                Yuck.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X