Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Mickelson would have had to shoot 62 just to force a playoff.

He didn't lose it. Stenson flat-out won it.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
      Both had a great round really. Couldn't ask for a better round. Fun watching both. Stenson made some amazing putts.
      And that's his worse part of his game. The slow greens and the fairly flat greens obviously helped him out unlike others.
      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I just love when I get to play World Woods Pine Barrens for $24. Even better when the Ranger tells us on the back 9 that the course is wide open and feel free to go back on the front if we feel obliged.

It had been rainy and a little messy for our front 9, so of course we went back to play it again. 27 holes at a highly rated Florida course, for $24. Buddy and I both played pretty well too.

Comment

He survived cancer, found out a day before round one of the Canadian Open he'll be in the NHL this season, and he's playing the weekend at Glen Abbey.

http://www2.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.asp...bbey&id=585388
          Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
            I just love when I get to play World Woods Pine Barrens for $24. Even better when the Ranger tells us on the back 9 that the course is wide open and feel free to go back on the front if we feel obliged.

It had been rainy and a little messy for our front 9, so of course we went back to play it again. 27 holes at a highly rated Florida course, for $24. Buddy and I both played pretty well too.
            That place is pretty special. Out in the middle of nowhere though.
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
              He survived cancer, found out a day before round one of the Canadian Open he'll be in the NHL this season, and he's playing the weekend at Glen Abbey.

http://www2.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.asp...bbey&id=585388
              And, his brother Kyle played D-1 hockey at St. Lawrence. Bob Mckenzie has always said very, very good things about the Rank family.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                That place is pretty special. Out in the middle of nowhere though.
                I've really enjoyed the couple times I played there. I agree that it is kind of out of the way, but it's only an hour or so from Tampa.

Comment

Canadian amateur Jared Du Toit is in the final pair with Brandt Snedeker at the Canadian Open.

Last Canadian to win the Open was Pat Fletcher in 1954.

The amateur from Kimberley, B.C., had the best view, of course, of his 40-foot putt for eagle on the 18th hole. The shot helped move him to 2-under par on Saturday afternoon and into a tie for second at the RBC Canadian Open.

His caddy Sean Burke — who met du Toit for the first time on Monday — was next, rushing to hug the 21-year-old on the green as the fans started to cheer. The hundreds of supporters who'd endured the relentless heat on the baked hills surrounding the bunkered green at Glen Abbey Golf Club got to their feet and started clapping, most of them with their hands above their heads.

Spain's Jon Rahm, who was teammates with du Toit at Arizona State University, had stayed to watch his long-time friend finish his round and started jumping up and down and shouting.

Finally, as du Toit started the steep climb up to the official scorer's trailer, the fans started singing. Straining to be heard over the cheers and applause, a growing section of fans belted O Canada.
                  Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Tee it Forward, revisited

http://www.golfvacationinsider.com/m...-leeming-15630
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Played Ford's Colony - Blackheath this AM. Tooled around in a pedestrian 100 from the senior tees. Lots of water on the course, but that only cost me 2 strokes. Figured out on hole 18 (water ball) that I was blocking my irons. Now to the range to make sure I have cured that problem.

For me the difference between 100 and a 90 or so is one bad shot on a hole that sets up a domino effect to double or worse. Need to minimize the bad shots.

Would recommend the club to anyone. If you stay @ Marriott's Ford Colony, you play the course for $55 in the AM, $45 in the afternoon, and $35 for late afternoon/twilight. Subsequent rounds are $10 less. GolfNow has good prices, too.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Nike to stop making golf equipment

Adidas is also trying to unload TaylorMade and Adams.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                          Nike to stop making golf equipment

Adidas is also trying to unload TaylorMade and Adams.
                          This isn't surprising. Golf hard lines have been tough to earn profits in for a long time. Nike being 2nd tier equipment didn't help.
                          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

I tried Nike clubs at demo days before, they sucked. Thought they made decent high end balls though.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I've never liked their equipment, whether it's clubs or balls. When it comes to clubs, I've preferred Callaway, with TaylorMade a nice 2nd choice. The only issue I've had was this cheap Callaway Diablo driver I grabbed a couple weeks ago. I couldn't beat the price, but I can't hit the **** thing straight yet.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                                I've never liked their equipment, whether it's clubs or balls. When it comes to clubs, I've preferred Callaway, with TaylorMade a nice 2nd choice. The only issue I've had was this cheap Callaway Diablo driver I grabbed a couple weeks ago. I couldn't beat the price, but I can't hit the **** thing straight yet.
                                Love my Pings. Taylor Made driver.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X