Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
    That has happened to more than one golfer so far.
    The Open usually kills them with those rail tie reinforced bunkers. They wind up with pros taking snowmen. It's awesome.

But not this awesome.
    Last edited by Kepler; 07-15-2016, 06:13 PM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Stenson takes the lead and has another great chance at birdie on the long par 3 number 5. Playing flawlessly thru 5.
      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

DJ, what did you do????
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Rory is upset.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Monty is in 81st (and last) place. Looks like he'll go off with a marker and have the cheers all to himself as he walks up 18 on Sunday.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Stenson vs Mickelson for the championship. With the lead changes they have gone through this final round should be a great watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
                Stenson vs Mickelson for the championship. With the lead changes they have gone through this final round should be a great watch.
                As the announcers alluded to, essentially match play for the Claret. They're certainly putting on a tremendous show thus far.

Comment

Phil with the old fashioned iron off the tee to fescue left, pull to right fescue, short pitch and sinks the putt for a routine par on 12. Unreal.

How many more of the cat's lives does he get this tournament? Seems that every time he should have a worse fate, he gets a bounce or bails himself out.

Comment

This has been a tremendous final round so far. 4 holes left or will there be more?
                    Last edited by Slap Shot; 07-17-2016, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Best ball 29 for the front 9.

The USGA maniacally defends par. The R&A says "here's our setup, may the best golfer win and we don't care what the final score is."

Which is better?

-----

-17 doesn't win. Took a 63 to beat Phil.
                      Last edited by joecct; 07-17-2016, 12:32 PM.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Holy cow
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

What a display of golf. Stenson and Phil made Troon their personal playground.

Comment

Both had a great round really. Couldn't ask for a better round. Fun watching both. Stenson made some amazing putts.

Comment

Both had a great round really. Couldn't ask for a better round. Fun watching both. Stenson made some amazing putts.
                              Stenson with 10 birdies. Incredible Phil kept it close for as long as he did.
                              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

And was it ever. Watched very single shot.
                                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X