Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    No choice. That State needs to focus on recovery.
    There's no playable golf course, either.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Anybody have a recommendation for a rangefinder that will not cost an arm and a leg?
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        Anybody have a recommendation for a rangefinder that will not cost an arm and a leg?
        Rangefinder? No. If you're considering a GPS, I've had this for years and love it but wouldn't buy it today. This is the upgrade to the one my wife uses. It gives front, back & center but also gives you hazard distances too. It's seeable for us old folks too.
        "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
        Groucho Marx
        "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
        Ron White
        "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
        Milo Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
          Rangefinder? No. If you're considering a GPS, I've had this for years and love it but wouldn't buy it today. This is the upgrade to the one my wife uses. It gives front, back & center but also gives you hazard distances too. It's seeable for us old folks too.
          Swing by Swing golf app for my phone is what I use, only problem with it I have is that it kills my phones battery.
          Originally posted by Twitch Boy
          Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

Originally posted by Painted_Bandit View Post
            Swing by Swing golf app for my phone is what I use, only problem with it I have is that it kills my phones battery.
            I use the same, and I agree that it's a battery drain (to be expected, I suppose, with pretty frequent GPS locking).

Unless you 1. don't have a smartphone, or 2. feel the need for "exact" distances, I'm of the belief that it's just an unnecessary expense. Swing by Swing gives me pretty much the same information (slightly less accurate to the pin itself, but I get enough info to know what club to hit).

Comment

I got a Bushnell Pinseeker on amazon a couple of years ago that is very good, and it cost about 150, if I recall. Odd that my game still sucks.

Comment

mookie loves watching these little a-girls play
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                  I got a Bushnell Pinseeker on amazon a couple of years ago that is very good, and it cost about 150, if I recall. Odd that my game still sucks.
                  Mine tells me how far I can't hit the ball!
                  Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

The **** game is going to suck me back in.

Played for the first time since September last weekend with PB. Played out of my mind, and shot 84. I used to shoot in the 80's when I played regularly, but that was 6-7 years ago now, and now I've only played 3-4 times a year. Lasy few years haven't been able to break 100 as my game fell further and further apart. One round later, and now I'm playing again this afternoon.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post

Played for the first time since September last weekend with PB. Played out of my mind, and shot 84. I used to shoot in the 80's when I played regularly, but that was 6-7 years ago now, and now I've only played 3-4 times a year. Lasy few years haven't been able to break 100 as my game fell further and further apart. One round later, and now I'm playing again this afternoon.
                      Let us know how it went today. Golf is the most humbling game one can play.
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
                        Mine tells me how far I can't hit the ball!
                        Mine tells me to take up bowling.
                        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

mookie shot 75 today with a triple on the 11th

when he put his score in the machine, the dumb thing ask him to check that he entered the right score as it was outside the range of his historical scores

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                            Let us know how it went today. Golf is the most humbling game one can play.
                            Only played 9. My wife doesn't play often enough to want to play 18 at this point. Shot 43 on 9, so still played decent, considering how little I've played.

Biggest problem was the course. Tried a new one by our house and it was maybe the worst maintained course I've ever played. Couldn't tell the fairways from the rough they were so long, and the greens were terrible too. I don't think anything had been mowed since Thursday or so. I had severely downhill long putt on one green, pounded it, and still didn't get it to the hole. Very tough to play with the course in that kind of shape. Won't be going back.
                            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Only played 9. My wife doesn't play often enough to want to play 18 at this point. Shot 43 on 9, so still played decent, considering how little I've played.

Biggest problem was the course. Tried a new one by our house and it was maybe the worst maintained course I've ever played. Couldn't tell the fairways from the rough they were so long, and the greens were terrible too. I don't think anything had been mowed since Thursday or so. I had severely downhill long putt on one green, pounded it, and still didn't get it to the hole. Very tough to play with the course in that kind of shape. Won't be going back.
                              A man of your means should be courted by interlachen or mihikada, no?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                A man of your means should be courted by interlachen or mihikada, no?
                                Not yet, working on it though. When I get in, you'll be my second guest invite, after my dad. Haha

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X