Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Tiger is the most exciting golfer in a generation. Can you blame them?
    I followed him at a Florida Tourney(disney courses)when he was in his prime. It was awesome standing 10ft from him on a Tee watching him land one on a cart path. He was playing with his Stanford teammate. I watched yesterday afternoon and will again this afternoon. I'll bet ratings are significantly higher because he is in the last group.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      I followed him at a Florida Tourney(disney courses)when he was in his prime. It was awesome standing 10ft from him on a Tee watching him land one on a cart path. He was playing with his Stanford teammate. I watched yesterday afternoon and will again this afternoon. I'll bet ratings are significantly higher because he is in the last group.
      When I lived in the Bay Area in the early 80s, I took in a Stanford baseball game. I basically went to see Elway play center field to see his speed and arm on display. I wasn't a close enough follower to know that he was with the Yankees at that time. Huge disappointment, though there was no reason for it, since there were a lot of other elite ballplayers on the field. Just star power, I guess, and you can double that with Tiger.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
        When I lived in the Bay Area in the early 80s, I took in a Stanford baseball game. I basically went to see Elway play center field to see his speed and arm on display. I wasn't a close enough follower to know that he was with the Yankees at that time. Huge disappointment, though there was no reason for it, since there were a lot of other elite ballplayers on the field. Just star power, I guess, and you can double that with Tiger.
        Not sure if you remember Billy Swift, major league pitcher, but played for UMaine in early,mid 80s. He played centerfield in a regional game and someone tried to score from 2nd on a single to center. The guy barely made it by 3rd before the catcher had the ball. Perfect strike from centerfield.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
          I believe Valspar set an attendance record last year at around 117k for the week. They expect to eclipse 150k this year.

The 'Tiger Effect' is still very real, and quite significant.

Comment

I was following him at the PGA when he was fighting Beem for the win. It was incredible.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I was following him at the PGA when he was fighting Beem for the win. It was incredible.
              I'll bet, just being at a major is cool but even better when Tiger is on the leader board

Comment

Tiger making a 40 footer to.pull within one on 17, cha ching, for the pga

Comment

Come on tiger. Pull it off.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Come on tiger. Pull it off.
                    That putt would be another for the ages.

Comment

Crud. So close.
                      Code:

Comment

That putt would be another for the ages.

Oh my god. Yes it would.
                        Code:

Comment

Crud. So close.
                          Good round, he hit every green i watched, putter betrayed him. Now I can't wait for Masters

Comment

Imagine if he is in the final pairing for the masters. That would be must see tv
                            Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              Imagine if he is in the final pairing for the masters. That would be must see tv
                              I'm going to go out and say he wins this year. I don't know when, don't know where, but he'll get atleast number 80 this year.

It's just good that he seems to be back with hopefully a handful of years left. The game hasn't needed him, but adding him to the list with all the newer stars is going to be a lot of fun.
                              Last edited by hockeyplayer1015; 03-11-2018, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Good round, he hit every green i watched, putter betrayed him. Now I can't wait for Masters

How long has it been since he was this consistent off the tee?

This was a good field, but not like he will see at the majors.

Comment

Working...
                                X