Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    Flying, so can't watch what's happening, but from what I'm reading, this sounds like a total clown show.
    That's a fair assessment.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
      I am so confused by that deal... Is it or is it not a penalty? Why the delayed ruling?
      No one knows yet for sure. It looks like a penalty is going to be the call. I suspect they want to talk to DJ first.

But yes. This is a mess.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Re: Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
        I am so confused by that deal... Is it or is it not a penalty? Why the delayed ruling?
        The USGA has brought in B1G officials to help perpetuate the ineptitude
        "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
        Groucho Marx
        "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
        Ron White
        "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
        Milo Bloom

Comment

Doesn't matter now.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            Certainly. But I don't think the USGA is going to end their national championship on a 700 yard hole. That's bordering on absurd.
            Reading this now, after yesterday's 5hit show I wouldn't put anything past the USGA.
            Originally posted by Twitch Boy
            Like the sign out front says, "the price of freedom is visible here."

Comment

Originally posted by Painted_Bandit View Post
              Reading this now, after yesterday's 5hit show I wouldn't put anything past the USGA.
              I don't think calling it a shytshow is quite fair to DJ and the others who were in the running. It was a brutally challenging golf weekend, as is the tradition in the Open. What he did to win his first major has taken a back seat because of the media's need for a more dramatic story line. You and I might have managed it differently, and the USGA's handling of that call is a story, but it should not come at the expense of the golf. I know the answer most would give to that observation is that the USGA is responsible, but I just wish the media could have held off a little and given DJ his golf moment.

Comment

It's going to be a fun week in Verona WI! The Senior Tour American Family Ins. Championship is Friday-Sunday at University Ridge GC. Just 2 miles north of my house. Weather forecast looks poor - 88-90 degrees and possible AM T-storms on Sunday. I'm sure traffic on the local 2-lane roads will be bad. I'd still like to go, though. Steve Sticker, a Madison native, will be the host.
                Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
                  It's going to be a fun week in Verona WI! The Senior Tour American Family Ins. Championship is Friday-Sunday at University Ridge GC. Just 2 miles north of my house. Weather forecast looks poor - 88-90 degrees and possible AM T-storms on Sunday. I'm sure traffic on the local 2-lane roads will be bad. I'd still like to go, though. Steve Sticker, a Madison native, will be the host.
                  We have the Tiger Woods/Quicken Loans tournament here. My son and his GF are going Sunday. Will be looking for them on TV.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
                    As well liked and respected as Stricker is, I would think they will get some players.

Will he give 2016 NCAA Hockey Championship hat to the winner?

Comment

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...s/?sdfsdfsdfdf
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Winter rules?
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                          Winter rules?
                          Sadly, it's not a joking matter.

At least 14 people have died from floods in West Virginia, the state's governor told a news conference Friday.

Earl Ray Tomblin described the damage in the state as widespread and devastating.
                          Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Man, I see almost no chance for that club to be ready for the tournament.

Our course was flooded about 10 years ago. A lot of holes had maybe 5-6 feet of water over them. It took a long time to make the course playable again. First, the flood waters have to actually recede which will probably take days. Then you're going to find layers of silt and sand that just cover the course. We had to use a combination of physically shoveling the silt and sand off the course with spraying it off with big hoses (which continues to make the course soggy). It'll take a crew working non-stop to get it even close to ready.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

PGA cancels the Greenbrier.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                                PGA cancels the Greenbrier.
                                No choice. That State needs to focus on recovery.
                                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X