Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Really wish I was in town during this event. The pictures of my family (dad, brother, 2 nephews) make me very happy for them but very sad for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      Really wish I was in town during this event. The pictures of my family (dad, brother, 2 nephews) make me very happy for them but very sad for me.
      You can take the viewpoint expressed by my buddy who was with me (and is 54 years old.) On the way out he said, "when this thing comes back to Hazeltine in 64 years, I'm definitely going again."
      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
        I would definitely go. Even if you don't get tickets from the lottery system, (which if the experience of me, my friends and family is any indication, you won't), buy them on the secondary market. I bought mine about two weeks before the event from PrimeSport, the official re-sale vendor, and got them for just a few bucks over face value.

It was a spectacular experience. It's actually a bad experience if you want to watch the matches. We ended up moving back and forth between seats behind #5 green, seats behind #8 green and standing halfway down #16 fairway. But other than watching play on the jumbotron or following it on your phone, it's pretty tough to tell what exactly is going on elsewhere on the course.

But if you want to feel electricity in 40-50,000 people at a sporting event, there is nothing like it.

I was a little surprised to hear about crowd problems. The closest I saw to anyone getting out of line was when a fan yelled "noonan" as a player was removing his mark from behind his ball on #5. The rest of the crowd booed the fan.

Obviously, having a crowd cheer shots that go into the water or sand or over the green isn't the norm at a golf tournament, but this isn't a normal golf event. From my limited observation points (see above), what I saw was mostly enthusiastic and good-natured.
        after one rory shot some fool yelled "you hate your father" which was audible over tv. willet obviously also got personal stuff yelled at him because of his silly brother.
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Yeah, that never happens over there. Even Rory said bfd. Get over it.

Comment

Yeah, that never happens over there. Even Rory said bfd. Get over it.
            Didn't you hear? European fans are saints.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              2 years in France. The French are - rude.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                And remember, Lucifer was a total angel.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  As soon as they see Martin Kaymer they'll flee, even though he's on their team this time.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I'm trying to think of a French golfer...

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                      Whoever he is, he's probably on his knees, lining up some putz.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        after one rory shot some fool yelled "you hate your father" which was audible over tv.

I don't get the context.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                          Only one comes to mind and he had a major yack at The Open in 1999.

Comment

Ah yes. Carnoustie is so much fun.

Edit: but, for current guys, Dubuissen (no idea if I spelled it right) is probably the one guys out there.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I know it well. Only needed a double bogey to win. Tripled.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                I thought our fans could have done a lot better. Too many idiots, who don't know how to behave.
                                And not all French guys are rude, just the waiters, and then just in Paris.

The Europeans are terrible as fans at this event, but they haven't shouted as a guy takes his backswing.
                                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Working...
                                X