Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Start engraving the Jug.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      Spieth has blown a 2 shot lead (+3 thru 4 today) and fallen into a tie with Kuchar @ -8.
      Back to a 2 shot lead.

This has been a crazy past hour or so.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
        Back to a 2 shot lead.

This has been a crazy past hour or so.

This round will be a special on the Golf Channel for years to come
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          This round will be a special on the Golf Channel for years to come
          Particularly this back 9.

3rd leg of the grand slam before 24.

Comment

He and Jack the only ones to win 3 different majors before the age of 24. Spieth now with 3 majors and 11 tour wins already.
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Hey mookie! Screw Kuwait! There's a better job that just opened.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/golf/2017...ld-four-major/
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                He and Jack the only ones to win 3 different majors before the age of 24. Spieth now with 3 majors and 11 tour wins already.
                Spieth will need to win the PGA this year to eclipse Tiger as the youngest to win the Grand Slam. Tiger did it at 24 (Nicklaus was 26, the others were in their 30s or 40s).
                North Dakota
                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Hey mookie! Screw Kuwait! There's a better job that just opened.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/golf/2017...ld-four-major/
                  Hmmm
                  Those bags are heavy
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Won't it be a real hoot if Jim Herman wins the PGA Championship this week?

He is in the clubhouse at 2 under par, 2 strokes off the lead (so far at least).
                    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                      Won't it be a real hoot if Jim Herman wins the PGA Championship this week?
                      What is a Jim Herman? Or is that the joke.

Actually I just checked the world rankings. I have never heard of #s 3, 6, 8, or 9. I think #187 is the guy we just got for Jay Bruce.
                      Last edited by Kepler; 08-10-2017, 04:31 PM.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Actually I just checked the world rankings. I have never heard of #s 3, 6, 8, or 9. I think #187 is the guy we just got for Jay Bruce.
                        Herman is a PGA Pro at one of Trump's golf resorts, and at one point in time received financial backing from the Russi...err, Donald Trump.
                        North Dakota
                        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          The joke is that Mr. Herman would not even be on the PGA tour in the first place without Mr. Trump's encouragement and financial support. Given all the sturm und drang in the national media today, it just struck me that it would be [hard to pick right word, "hoot" comes close but not quite....] were he to win, that's all.....
                          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                            The joke is that Mr. Herman would not even be on the PGA tour in the first place without Mr. Trump's encouragement and financial support. Given all the sturm und drang in the national media today, it just struck me that it would be [hard to pick right word, "hoot" comes close but not quite....] were he to win, that's all.....
                            May I suggest... Yuge... were he to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                              Ummmm. 99% of your golfers start out with a sponsor or a collection of sponsors who cover expenses as an investment. Then get repaid on future earnings.
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

All the leaders are starting to leak oil.
                                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X