Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

there's a good buck in that racket.

Re: Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    mookie, can you go Driver, gap wedge into a par 5 like Jon Rahm?
    only if the par 5 is 290yds
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

It is looking like the cut at the Masters will be six over par. We'll see when all the players are done, eh?

Interesting mix on the leaderboard, which includes Sergio Garcia and Fred Couples. He won the Masters all the way back in 1992! I think he is 58 now; if he were still in contention on Sunday, that would be just as amazing as Tom Watson in the 2009 British Open.
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

Quote Originally Posted by FreshFish View Post
    It is looking like the cut at the Masters will be six over par. We'll see when all the players are done, eh?

Interesting mix on the leaderboard, which includes Sergio Garcia and Fred Couples. He won the Masters all the way back in 1992! I think he is 58 now; if he were still in contention on Sunday, that would be just as amazing as Tom Watson in the 2009 British Open.
    Fred gave a nice interview after his round. I'd like to see him do it.

Capt

Pretty heavyweight list of those in contention going into Sunday. Should be fantastic, looks like beautiful weather too.

Teaching you how to Bucky.

Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    Fred gave a nice interview after his round. I'd like to see him do it.
    Once in the 90's I watched Boom Boom hit balls on the practice range when his back wasn't messed up. Just the way he moves, and that beautiful, effortless swing...

Gah! ...Only time in my life I think I questioned my sexuality.
    Quote Originally Posted by WiscTJK View Post
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Yep, still here

Live action hole repair at the Masters. Giggity.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

And Sergio FINALLY wins a major.
    twitter: PipersHouse920
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    269/1,000 miles ran, 0/2,000 on bicycle
    Next race: FUNderwear Run 5K on March 12, Irish Jig 5K on March 18.

Wind up workin' in a gas station walrus's Avatar

I dislike Sergio from Ryder cup play but that was quite the comeback.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Capt

Not a huge Sergio fan, but glad he finally got a big win outside of the Ryder.

Served up at Champions dinner next year: Fried monkey, since it's off his back now.

Quote Originally Posted by FreshFish View Post

Nah.
    1998 jack was 58yo and shot 283 to finish 6th 4 shots back of o'mera

Happy for Sergio. Have always been a fan. He will win another one or two majors before his career is over.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    Not a huge Sergio fan, but glad he finally got a big win outside of the Ryder.

Served up at Champions dinner next year: Fried monkey, since it's off his back now.
    And I remember when many complained about his pre-stroke routine, and people were telling him to "just hit the ball, Sergio."
    twitter: PipersHouse920
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    269/1,000 miles ran, 0/2,000 on bicycle
    Next race: FUNderwear Run 5K on March 12, Irish Jig 5K on March 18.

Quote Originally Posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
    And I remember when many complained about his pre-stroke routine, and people were telling him to "just hit the ball, Sergio."
    was talking about that sunday. that was at bethpage and the new yorkers were counting, "ONE, TWO, THREE.....!!!!" kinda funny

Capt

I was at Sawgrass the year he put 2 in the drink on 17 and Tiger won. You should have heard the crowd jeer after that.

Golfing dilemma

The $&#=/&$/^ USGA has decreed that you cannot count a round for handicap purposes if you play solo.

Because my Beloved Bride and I watch the grandkid(s) during the week, our free time does not begin until 5 or 5:30 pm. If I run to the local muni at that time to get in as many holes as possible, generally nobody else is starting out. Which means I play solo, which means my 9 holes can't be used to establish a handicap.

I've figured that I play around a 20-25 handicap and it could be as high as 30.

Is there non official software that I can input my scores to get an unofficial handicap??

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Golfing dilemma

The $&#=/&$/^ USGA has decreed that you cannot count a round for handicap purposes if you play solo.

Because my Beloved Bride and I watch the grandkid(s) during the week, our free time does not begin until 5 or 5:30 pm. If I run to the local muni at that time to get in as many holes as possible, generally nobody else is starting out. Which means I play solo, which means my 9 holes can't be used to establish a handicap.

Is there non official software that I can input my scores to get an unofficial handicap??
    put the scores in. if anyone asks say you hooked up with another single.

Golfing dilemma

Take your wife with you. So long as you are accompanied by someone, even if they don't play, the USGA doesn't consider it to be "playing alone."
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Golfing dilemma

No one is going to care as long as you don't sandbag and you aren't using it to get into lower flights for things like your local publinks tournies.

Just enter the scores.

But I'm also someone who has never played strict rules. I generally don't improve my lie unless "winter rules" are in play, but I also always play OOB as a lateral hazard and don't give a crap about things like grounding a club in a trap or hazard.
    Last edited by unofan; 04-13-2017 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    Take your wife with you. So long as you are accompanied by someone, even if they don't play, the USGA doesn't consider it to be "playing alone."
    now you burden him with 2 dilemmas....

Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    My wife hates sports.

Thread Information