Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    I would not bet against you.

Again. There's nothing wrong with the course itself. More than long enough, FESCUE!!! if you miss by too much....but it was set up very poorly as far as US Opens are concerned.

The blame lies squarely with the USGA. The US Open is supposed to be a bear. It's supposed to be difficult to shoot par. Instead, we have a typical weekly PGA event, plus 50 yards added to each hole, plus fairways that are pushing 60 yards wide. We've got 5 guys at -10 or better, with 4 of the 5 lowest scores (relative to par) in US Open history.
    Pin placements were friendly today, that's for sure.

Comment

How Li scored a 9 on the 18th to post a +10.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

holly sonders should be on tv every hour, every day!
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          holly sonders should be on tv every hour, every day!
          Mmmm.....Holly Sonders...
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

It's a Blustery Day at Erin Hills!!
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              It's a Blustery Day at Erin Hills!!
              mookie wants to see balls blowing off the green after they've been marked, blustery!!!

(sure hope the usga put in some tough pins after the low scores )
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                mookie wants to see balls blowing off the green after they've been marked, blustery!!!

This isn't the British Open.

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Went out for a quick 9 today in conditions that will be very similar to Erin Hills, which is less than two hrs away. Judging by my experience, there will be a lot of double bogeys this afternoon.

Comment

Brooks Koepka is at -16 with a 4 shot lead headed to 17. Unless he sharts himself multiple times this major is his.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Fowler's decision making was very suspect today especially on the back 9.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        Brooks Koepka is at -16 with a 4 shot lead headed to 17. Unless he sharts himself multiple times this major is his.
                        He wins!
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Phil and Bones have parted ways.

Here's to the end of a beautiful friendship
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

So I'm tooling around the 9 hole muni in good time, playing bogey golf. Hitting the ball real well.

I come to the par 3 8th 175 yards over water. There is a group of 4 playing best ball and farting around right ahead of me. I have a 5 minute wait to tee off and lose my groove. Dunk it in the pond on the way to a 6.

9th hole they've sliced their tee shots and take a while to advance. Another long wait and I double bogey the hole.

What do you do to stay in the groove while waiting in the tee box?
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              So I'm tooling around the 9 hole muni in good time, playing bogey golf. Hitting the ball real well.

I come to the par 3 8th 175 yards over water. There is a group of 4 playing best ball and farting around right ahead of me. I have a 5 minute wait to tee off and lose my groove. Dunk it in the pond on the way to a 6.

9th hole they've sliced their tee shots and take a while to advance. Another long wait and I double bogey the hole.

What do you do to stay in the groove while waiting in the tee box?
                              Oxy and headphones.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                                Oxy and headphones.
                                I'm 61 about to be 62. I think I'd kill myself with that regimen.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                                X