Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Live action hole repair at the Masters. Giggity.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

And Sergio FINALLY wins a major.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I dislike Sergio from Ryder cup play but that was quite the comeback.
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Not a huge Sergio fan, but glad he finally got a big win outside of the Ryder.

Served up at Champions dinner next year: Fried monkey, since it's off his back now.

Comment

• Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
            It is looking like the cut at the Masters will be six over par. We'll see when all the players are done, eh?

Interesting mix on the leaderboard, which includes Sergio Garcia and Fred Couples. He won the Masters all the way back in 1992! I think he is 58 now; if he were still in contention on Sunday, that would be just as amazing as Tom Watson in the 2009 British Open.
            Nah.
            1998 jack was 58yo and shot 283 to finish 6th 4 shots back of o'mera
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Happy for Sergio. Have always been a fan. He will win another one or two majors before his career is over.
              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                Not a huge Sergio fan, but glad he finally got a big win outside of the Ryder.

Served up at Champions dinner next year: Fried monkey, since it's off his back now.
                And I remember when many complained about his pre-stroke routine, and people were telling him to "just hit the ball, Sergio."
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                  And I remember when many complained about his pre-stroke routine, and people were telling him to "just hit the ball, Sergio."
                  was talking about that sunday. that was at bethpage and the new yorkers were counting, "ONE, TWO, THREE.....!!!!" kinda funny

Comment

I was at Sawgrass the year he put 2 in the drink on 17 and Tiger won. You should have heard the crowd jeer after that.

Comment

Golfing dilemma

The $&#=/&$/^ USGA has decreed that you cannot count a round for handicap purposes if you play solo.

Because my Beloved Bride and I watch the grandkid(s) during the week, our free time does not begin until 5 or 5:30 pm. If I run to the local muni at that time to get in as many holes as possible, generally nobody else is starting out. Which means I play solo, which means my 9 holes can't be used to establish a handicap.

I've figured that I play around a 20-25 handicap and it could be as high as 30.

Is there non official software that I can input my scores to get an unofficial handicap??
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Golfing dilemma

The $&#=/&$/^ USGA has decreed that you cannot count a round for handicap purposes if you play solo.

Because my Beloved Bride and I watch the grandkid(s) during the week, our free time does not begin until 5 or 5:30 pm. If I run to the local muni at that time to get in as many holes as possible, generally nobody else is starting out. Which means I play solo, which means my 9 holes can't be used to establish a handicap.

Is there non official software that I can input my scores to get an unofficial handicap??
                        put the scores in. if anyone asks say you hooked up with another single.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Golfing dilemma

Take your wife with you. So long as you are accompanied by someone, even if they don't play, the USGA doesn't consider it to be "playing alone."
                          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Golfing dilemma

No one is going to care as long as you don't sandbag and you aren't using it to get into lower flights for things like your local publinks tournies.

Just enter the scores.

But I'm also someone who has never played strict rules. I generally don't improve my lie unless "winter rules" are in play, but I also always play OOB as a lateral hazard and don't give a crap about things like grounding a club in a trap or hazard.
                            Last edited by unofan; 04-13-2017, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              Take your wife with you. So long as you are accompanied by someone, even if they don't play, the USGA doesn't consider it to be "playing alone."
                              now you burden him with 2 dilemmas....

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                My wife hates sports.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X