Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Zach Johnson when asked if the course is close to the edge: "No, we're past that. The course is gone."

04 all over again tomorrow.

Comment

All three amateurs that made the cut are ahead of Mickelson after 54 holes.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        What did he do?
        Just his poor play overall. I just don't like the guy.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          Just his poor play overall. I just don't like the guy.
          And just as I type that, he makes birdie.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Rose has absolutely sprayed it from the fairway, I think just 1 GIR, but he's mostly been able to tread water through the front.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
              Zach Johnson when asked if the course is close to the edge: "No, we're past that. The course is gone."

04 all over again tomorrow.
              Zach should worry about playing better instead of whining about the course. This is the US Open, not some candyass pro-am, it is supposed to be tough. Mistakes get you bogies. And any of the players that don't like it can sure take a vacation this weekend. Suck it up, and hit better shots.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                Zach should worry about playing better instead of whining about the course. This is the US Open, not some candyass pro-am, it is supposed to be tough. Mistakes get you bogies. And any of the players that don't like it can sure take a vacation this weekend. Suck it up, and hit better shots.
                They all got spoiled by the easy course they let them run the US Open on last year. 30+ under par, 7 -10 or better, winner at -16.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                  They all got spoiled by the easy course they let them run the US Open on last year. 30+ under par, 7 -10 or better, winner at -16.
                  Yeah. But the issue with Erin Hills is the wind didn't blow. That course would have been much more difficult of there would have been any sort of wind showed up, like they expected.
                  Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

4 way tie at +3 going into Sunday
                    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      USGA CEO Mike Davis told Buck the course got away from them in the afternoon.
                      Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Winning score tomorrow? Last year, as Hammer pointed out, I predicted +10 as revenge for Erin Hills. I'll take a flyer at +6, but depending on what USGA does with the greens tonight, I would not be shocked at +10.
                        Last edited by joecct; 06-16-2018, 08:35 PM.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Four tied at +3 for the lead is a joke. Yes this tournament is supposed to a test but it's not supposed to be Benny Hill.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            Four tied at +3 for the lead is a joke. Yes this tournament is supposed to a test but it's not supposed to be Benny Hill.
                            From what I saw, if people could make a 5~ foot putt, scores would be different. The putting was pretty bad today, from what I saw.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              From what I saw, if people could make a 5~ foot putt, scores would be different. The putting was pretty bad today, from what I saw.
                              With the conditions of the greens for the afternoon groups, particularly late, they had to play/putt super defensive or risk TheBigNumber.

The USGA missed the set up for the course today, particularly for the later guys. Not intentional, the wind was stronger than they anticipated, but they still caused something beyond what most felt should be the ultimate test of golf. Guys were getting punished even when they hit very good shots, and that shouldn't be the case.

As for a winning number? Could we see somebody early tomorrow go and post a number, sort of like Berger or Finau today? I believe they were 11 shots off the lead before the third round. I'm gonna go with somebody +8 to +10 posting a low score early and getting in the clubhouse at +5, whether that's enough or not...

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                                With the conditions of the greens for the afternoon groups, particularly late, they had to play/putt super defensive or risk TheBigNumber.

The USGA missed the set up for the course today, particularly for the later guys. Not intentional, the wind was stronger than they anticipated, but they still caused something beyond what most felt should be the ultimate test of golf. Guys were getting punished even when they hit very good shots, and that shouldn't be the case.

As for a winning number? Could we see somebody early tomorrow go and post a number, sort of like Berger or Finau today? I believe they were 11 shots off the lead before the third round. I'm gonna go with somebody +8 to +10 posting a low score early and getting in the clubhouse at +5, whether that's enough or not...
                                Bingo. This tweet explains what they’re saying too — when good shots aren’t rewarded and you have to catch breaks by hitting good shots, that’s brutal.

“ When players say a course is "unfair," that doesn't mean it's just tough.

What they're inferring is that good shots aren't rewarded the way they should be and luck becomes more important than skill. That is "unfair." “

-Jason Sobel

https://twitter.com/jasonsobeltan/status/1008109948369297408?s=21
                                AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Working...
                                X