Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    I'm 61 about to be 62. I think I'd kill myself with that regimen.
    Maybe, but you wouldn't go out with a triple.

Comment

I had a similar problem at the trap range yesterday.

Waited an hour and twenty minutes for our turn. Which is abnormally high; usually 45-50 at most. I went back into the clubhouse to find where we were in line, and a team that shot while we were waiting gets called up again. I'm starting to get angry.

Finally we get called. I'm first in the squad of five and the other four are AAAA shooters who don't dick around. I hate shooting first.

We get up to the range and the trapper decides to refill the house at that exact moment. Another ten minutes.

So we get up to shoot and the receivers aren't picking up our pull commands. Trapper goes to try and fix it. Nothing. Ten minutes later they try new batteries. Nothing. Another five or six minutes and the central receiver is working. We got to fix the individual remotes and a grand total of an hour and fifty minutes later, I'm fuming and finally ready to shoot.

Now I'm angry, nervous because I'm leading off, and there are some AAAA shooters in my squad. I ask if the squad's ready, ask the trapper, and call a test pull.

I took a deep breath, paused, and shot the best round in about a month.

Long story short: Close your eyes, take a deep breath, think of hitting the ball next to the pin, take another deep breath, and give it a shot. There are no tricks. Just discipline.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
        So I'm tooling around the 9 hole muni in good time, playing bogey golf. Hitting the ball real well.

I come to the par 3 8th 175 yards over water. There is a group of 4 playing best ball and farting around right ahead of me. I have a 5 minute wait to tee off and lose my groove. Dunk it in the pond on the way to a 6.

9th hole they've sliced their tee shots and take a while to advance. Another long wait and I double bogey the hole.

What do you do to stay in the groove while waiting in the tee box?
        Crack open another beer
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

@GolfChannel: Welcome to the team, Jim 'Bones' Mackay.

He joins Golf Channel as an on-course reporter. His first stop: #TheOpen -http://watchgolf.ch/XS8ndN https://***********/GolfChannel/stat...389696/photo/1

Odds he covers Phil's group??
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Grace puts up the first 62 in a major. Just who we all thought would set the new benchmark.

He started the day at +4, just one shot above the cut line from yesterday. He finishes 2 back of Spieth, who is yet to tee off.
            Last edited by hockeyplayer1015; 07-22-2017, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Spieth has blown a 2 shot lead (+3 thru 4 today) and fallen into a tie with Kuchar @ -8.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Haotong Li shoots a 63 and because of yesterday no one cares.
                FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Spieth just hit his tee shot so far right, he might as well be in Egypt.

God, that was fun...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    Spieth just hit his tee shot so far right, he might as well be in Egypt.
                    It does look like a pyramid in front of him...

Comment

He's 2016 Masters-ing this round.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

And he just about comes back and aces 14.

They (Spieth and Kuchar) were politely told to try to pick up pace earlier in the round. After Spieth's adventure to Egypt on 13, the group ahead is nearly 2 full holes in front.

Comment

And after all that, we're exactly where we were just 2 holes ago: tied at -8.

God, that was fun...

Comment

From downtown for eagle!
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Spieth just rolled in a bomb to get to -10.

God, that was fun...

Comment

That's golf. Exactly how he drew it up, I'm sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X