Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

McIlroy with a huge up and down to keep it all square. Thomas probably needs to win 18 if the USA wants to keep the cup.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Rory absolutely buried himself in that bunker. I’m surprised they didn’t call in a backhoe.

That was a bizarre second out of the sand. I’ve never seen anything like that.

Edit 2: that was a huge point. Nicely done.
      Last edited by dxmnkd316; 09-30-2018, 08:38 AM.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Rory absolutely buried himself in that bunker. I’m surprised they didn’t call in a backhoe.

That was a bizarre second out of the sand. I’ve never seen anything like that.
        Rory crumbled on 18. Huge point for the USA. Now Koepka and Simpson need to hang on, and Tiger needs to pull out a W (currently 1 down with 5 to play). IF that happens, we're all knotted up at 10-10 heading into the Final 8 matches.
        North Dakota

Comment

And just as I type that, Casey wins 17 to knot it up with Koepka. Koepka needs to take 18.
          North Dakota

Comment

Casey will have a putt, likely to win, the 18th. That would likely submarine the USA's chances if the Euros take the full point.
            North Dakota

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
              Casey will have a putt, likely to win, the 18th. That would likely submarine the USA's chances if the Euros take the full point.
              There’s 4 other matches where Europe is more than 1-up, plus Tiger’s down. That would be enough right there.
              FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Yikes. Tiger misses a short-ish par putt to go 2 down to Rahm with 4 to play.

Casey misses his birdie though, and he and Koepka halve the match. 10.5 to 7.5 Euros. Tiger needs to rally.
                North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                  There’s 4 other matches where Europe is more than 1-up, plus Tiger’s down. That would be enough right there.
                  Most of those are in their early stages though. Don't get me wrong, it is an extremely uphill battle. Koepka needed to win that match.

Webb Simpson wins his match with Justin Rose...as we all expected. 10.5 to 8.5.
                  North Dakota

Comment

By the way, this really is a phenomenal course. I’m glad we’ll get to see it again soon.
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

By the way, this really is a phenomenal course. I’m glad we’ll get to see it again soon.
                      It works well for a competition such as this. I'm not sure if I would want to see a major played on it (not that we ever would/could).

Mickelson now only down 1 through 11. I fully expect Molinari to win that one...but it is at least close.

And Finau crushes Fleetwood 6 & 4. 10.5 to 9.5.
                      North Dakota

Comment

It looks like the USA needs four things to happen: (1) win the two matches where they are currently ahead (Reed 2 up through 10; DeChambeau 1 up through 8); (2) win the match that is currently all square (DJ/Poulter through 13); (3) win one of the matches they are currently behind (see below); and (4) halve one of the matches they are currently behind.

Matches Euros currently lead:
                        Rahm 2 up over Woods with 3 left
                        Oleson 4 up over Spieth with 5 left
                        Garcia 2 up over Fowler through 12
                        Molinari 1 up over Mickelson through 11
                        Stenson 3 up over Watson through 8
                        North Dakota

Comment

I’m also disappointed with how many people take pictures with their phone vertical. Get out of here with that potato mode garbage.

Great. Now DJ barfs on his shoes.
                          Code:

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                            It works well for a competition such as this. I'm not sure if I would want to see a major played on it (not that we ever would/could).
                            Why do you say that?
                            Code:

Comment

Uff...Poulter wins the 14th, and is now 1-up with 4 to play. Johnson probably needs to win that one if the USA is going to come back.
                              North Dakota

Comment

Why do you say that?
                                I'm not sure what point you referred to (or perhaps both), but I'll refer to both:

It's a stadium course, which has a certain effect on the golf that is played there. I'm not sure if I would want to see a major played on a stadium course (and perhaps many have been played on such courses, and I am just being overly sensitive).

As for a major not being played there, the only major on European soil is the British Open. I don't see the R&A permitting the Open to go to France.
                                North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                                X