Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
    It's March, 2018. A stacked field is at a venue in Florida. And Tiger will be in the 2nd to last group on a Sunday.

Words I don't think hardly anybody thought would be true in a long time. Wish I was home to go witness it, but it should be great TV tomorrow.
    Gonna be a fantastic Sunday of golf, and I can’t wait to watch it. That chip in today gave me goosebumps.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Re: Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
      Gonna be a fantastic Sunday of golf, and I can’t wait to watch it. That chip in today gave me goosebumps.
      He missed some putts after that I'm sure he thinks he should have made. Made some tricky short ones too, though. Those 5 foot sliders can be a biotch.

Comment

I'm sure we'll see a bump in ratings with Eldrick in contention... I just hope they don't dedicate the whole broadcast to him if he sticks around
        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Tiger is the most exciting golfer in a generation. Can you blame them?
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Tiger is the most exciting golfer in a generation. Can you blame them?
            No... But there is the tendency to make 80% of the broadcast him.

Here's Tiger walking up to shoot his 5th on the 15th. He's currently 4 shots back BTW, Not Tiger just holed out his 2nd on the 16th to take a 1 stroke lead. We'll show that to you after Tiger misses his Double Bogey putt...

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
              No... But there is the tendency to make 80% of the broadcast him.

Here's Tiger walking up to shoot his 5th on the 15th. He's currently 4 shots back BTW, Not Tiger just holed out his 2nd on the 16th to take a 1 stroke lead. We'll show that to you after Tiger misses his Double Bogey putt...
              It’s nauseating
              Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

He's who the big galleries are there to watch.

Not that he's the best most exciting golfer now--far from it--but he still attracts crowds like noone else.

Comment

I’d follow him if I were at the tournament. He’s the best golfer and arguably one of the best athletes at his sport all time in my short lifetime. To see him win one again would be a dream.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    I’d follow him if I were at the tournament. He’s the best golfer and arguably one of the best athletes at his sport all time in my short lifetime. To see him win one again would be a dream.
                    Imagine what it takes to win the Masters by 12 strokes.

Comment

I really can’t because it would be like winning the super bowl by 85 point.

ETA: or the US open by 14
                      Code:

Comment

And all the tournaments where Tiger was 2-4 shots off the lead and the leaders were shown in passing, but Tiger got every shot shown?

Yea, Tiger is a contender for G.O.A.T., but he also changed the coverage of the game, and not for the better.

Comment

I disagree. He got people watching golf when it was d*mn near cast off on an ice floe.
                          Code:

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                            And all the tournaments where Tiger was 2-4 shots off the lead and the leaders were shown in passing, but Tiger got every shot shown?

Yea, Tiger is a contender for G.O.A.T., but he also changed the coverage of the game, and not for the better.
                            Most players on tour benefited from every minute of his coverage. Money in their pockets.

I can see where as a fan it would get old if you are tired of seeing him.

Comment

I want to see the red shirt on Sunday make a triumphant comeback. You saw that on a Sunday? F*, it's domination time. It got me into golf (sorta; majors only for the most part). But it was a sight to see. It's like seeing Brady (or Marino, or Elway) on a 2 minute drill, or Mariano entering the game, or MJ taking that last shot. You know what's probably going to happen, but you still want to see it.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                I've been able to follow him at a couple tournaments, including his '13 The Players win. The other was fall of '10 at The Barclay's or whatever the NY/NJ stop is in the FedEx Cup playoff.

I do totally get the crowd that would rather see an implosion. But for me, it's great that Tiger seems to be back in contending form, and it's without a doubt a benefit to the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X