Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    If they really thought that, you'd think they'd win more of them.
    That's always been my stance, but from WW2 until Gary Player (who is technically South African, but he counts ), Euros always seemed to think they were beneath the US Open. Even well into the 80s, that seemed to be the attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      That's always been my stance, but from WW2 until Gary Player (who is technically South African, but he counts ), Euros always seemed to think they were beneath the US Open. Even well into the 80s, that seemed to be the attitude.
      I don't think the current generation of Europeans have that point of view.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I don't think the current generation of Europeans have that point of view.
        IIRC, the Euros complained on how easy the last Ryder Cup was. I think the Euros just like to beech.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Jeezuz some of you cried here more than the pros did on Saturday.

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          Glad this US Open was a rough go. I've been sick of the Euros saying for decades that the US Open is such a lovely, well-groomed, walk through the park.
          This is new to me.
          Last edited by Slap Shot; 06-18-2018, 02:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            IIRC, the Euros complained on how easy the last Ryder Cup was. I think the Euros just like to beech.
            I've never seen any reason to conclude European players are any different from North American players.

Comment

The PGA is going to have a presser at he TPC in Blaine, MN this morning.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                The PGA is going to have a presser at he TPC in Blaine, MN this morning.
                @JasonSobelTAN: As previously rumored, PGA Tour announces new Minnesota-based tournament. Sponsored by 3M and held at TPC Twin Cities, will be on the schedule starting next year.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Cool. I might have to go. Considering the sponsor as well as the fact that the golf course if across the street from my childhood home.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

TPC Twin Cities is a pretty short course for the PGA guys...Hope they have a way to lengthen that thing, or we're going to see super-low scores.

edit: for example, it is 500 yards shorter than Hazeltine, and we saw how the Ryder Cup players consistently went low there.
                    Last edited by bigblue_dl; 06-18-2018, 09:47 AM.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                      TPC Twin Cities is a pretty short course for the PGA guys...Hope they have a way to lengthen that thing, or we're going to see super-low scores.

edit: for example, it is 500 yards shorter than Hazeltine, and we saw how the Ryder Cup players consistently went low there.
                      Was talking to a few connected to the course, they own some adjacent land that they can use to lengthen the course.
                      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Add a few windmills. Always raised my score.

Comment

Looks like dry conditions might make the Open interesting this week.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                            Looks like dry conditions might make the Open interesting this week.
                            more eagle putts than normal
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              more eagle putts than normal
                              They're saying some of the fairways are faster than the greens right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                                They're saying some of the fairways are faster than the greens right now.
                                Believe it. Bet they water greens and have left the fairways
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X