Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    That's the way the US Open should be. I HOPE THEY NEVER CHANGE.

And there were plenty of bad shots and bad putts. Those get penalized in this tournament. I hope its the same tomorrow. Make them work for it.
    Pretty much it.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I think they always earn it, having to win against what is probably the most competitive field in golf history. But it's cool to see them deal with frustrations we ordinary hackers deal with all the time. It is just as entertaining to see someone win with a plus 4 as it is a minus 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        I've been told that courses are built for par. Some complained about the Ryder Cup here being too easy. Now they are complaining that the course is too hard. I am of the belief that you just deal with it. *shrug*
        The USGA has repeatedly stated that an even par score should win the U.S Open. It's not a secret. Fark the pros if they complain. They can struggle one weekend a year.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
          The USGA has repeatedly stated that an even par score should win the U.S Open. It's not a secret. Fark the pros if they complain. They can struggle one weekend a year.
          The fairways should penalize a bad shot. Hit it off line and hope that a bogey is your best hope.

However, once you make the green you should have a reasonable expectation that you're not putting on glass with a pin placement that is not next to a slide.

i.e. The Open.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Did Phil get booted for hitting a moving ball?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
              Did Phil get booted for hitting a moving ball?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
              Nope. Teeing off at 843 et with Ricky.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                The fairways should penalize a bad shot. Hit it off line and hope that a bogey is your best hope.

However, once you make the green you should have a reasonable expectation that you're not putting on glass with a pin placement that is not next to a slide.

i.e. The Open.
                Disagree. 2 putts are not guaranteed

3 aren’t either.
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

However

When these courses were built the grasses were not cut as low as they are today. In fact sometimes the fairway is a better representation of how these greens were grassed. Subsequently the older courses have slopes that don’t hold ball when they stimp at 12+

These guys know going in where pins are and where slopes are and try their hardest to keep balls below the hole. If you get on the wrong side, one takes their chances

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                    That's the way the US Open should be. I HOPE THEY NEVER CHANGE.

And there were plenty of bad shots and bad putts. Those get penalized in this tournament. I hope its the same tomorrow. Make them work for it.
                    Exactly. I’d much rather watch this type of golf than some guy winning at -20. Makes for unpredictable golf at any moment. And some of these pros whining about the course are truly showing how pampered and spoiled they really are
                    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

I guess I tend to agree. While I understand their complaints, either adapt your strategy or go home. The US Open should be extraordinary difficult.

But maybe soften up the greens a hair. Maybe.

ETA: I think maybe if they shifted the difficult to be off the greens a little and more to the long and medium game if might be better. I’d rather see players struggle to get double digits in fairways and GIR than fart at a ball and have it roll halfway to the tees.
                      Last edited by dxmnkd316; 06-17-2018, 09:02 AM.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        I guess I tend to agree. While I understand their complaints, either adapt your strategy or go home. The US Open should be extraordinary difficult.

But maybe soften up the greens a hair. Maybe.

ETA: I think maybe if they shifted the difficult to be off the greens a little and more to the long and medium game if might be better. I’d rather see players struggle to get double digits in fairways and GIR than fart at a ball and have it roll halfway to the tees.
                        Well it looks like the pin placements today will be the easiest of the tourney. Expect much lower scores today as the wind is suppose to be down too.
                        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

So the greens are slopy and running a 12-13? Well, stay below the hole on 18 yesterday then!
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            So the greens are slopy and running a 12-13? Well, stay below the hole on 18 yesterday then!
                            Great point. I kept wondering yesterday why those guys did not take the slope and speed into account.

Comment

Looks like the water was left on last night.

Ricky and Phily -7 total (4&3) so far

Comment

USGA screwed up today. Pins too accessible. Birdie chances all over. This is not US Open golf.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X