Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
    If it ends up 17-11, that would mean that after the Thursday morning matches, the Euros went 16-8 the rest of the way. That's a thorough ***-kicking.
    Yeah, Friday was rough, Saturday was awful, and Sunday wasn't enough.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      Oleson knocks off Spieth. Euros now up 11.5 to 9.5.

The Euros are now responding. Poulter up 2 with three to play. Molinari wins the 12th and is now 2 up through 12. Noren squares it up through 9.

Rahm let one slip at 16, but Tiger is in awful shape at 17.

The question is quickly becoming who clinches the Cup for the Euros. Henrik Stenson? Molinari? Sergio?
      I read that Spieth is 0-6 in International singles. Wot?
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

How is the team selected? I know there are some captain's choices, but are the rested of the positions earned by ranking or wins? What I'm getting at is whether the team is or can be selected for the course specifically and the unique skills that are best suited to it. Like HB did in 1980, when he did not just go with an A list but chose his players based on what he thought was a unique combination of personalities and skills capable of beating the USSR.

Comment

Holy ****.

Fitting ending.

DeChambeau hits his 2nd shot within a couple feet. Birdie conceded. Noren proceeds to roll in his birdie putt from somewhere north of Norway to halve the hole and win the match.

17.5 - 10.5 final
          FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
            How is the team selected? I know there are some captain's choices, but are the rested of the positions earned by ranking or wins? What I'm getting at is whether the team is or can be selected for the course specifically and the unique skills that are best suited to it. Like HB did in 1980, when he did not just go with an A list but chose his players based on what he thought was a unique combination of personalities and skills capable of beating the USSR.
            There is a points system, but each team had 4 captain's picks this year. That number has changed from time to time.

God, that was fun...

Comment

There is a points system, but each team had 4 captain's picks this year. That number has changed from time to time.
              The others on ranking?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                The others on ranking?
                For Team USA, there's a point system that runs for the prior year or two (I forget which), based on finish in events. At one time points were doubled for the four major tournaments. I'm not sure if that is still the case. The top 8 automatically qualify, and the captain gets 4 picks.

Team Europe has their own point system, but I do not recall what it is.

God, that was fun...

Comment

After Thursday morning's matches, Team Europe delivered a 16.5 - 7.5 asskicking over the next 2 1/2 days.

God, that was fun...

Comment

For Team USA, there's a point system that runs for the prior year or two (I forget which), based on finish in events. At one time points were doubled for the four major tournaments. I'm not sure if that is still the case. The top 8 automatically qualify, and the captain gets 4 picks.

Thx. This is a big commercial event, and I realize there is no way in hill either team is going to leave the big stars at home and go with lesser knowns because their skills are a better match the course. Perhaps the captain's choices take that into account.
                    Last edited by burd; 09-30-2018, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Woods and Phil a combined 0-6
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                        Woods and Phil a combined 0-6
                        Furyk's picks went a combined 2-10. Team Euro's picks were significantly better.

There's your Ryder Cup right there.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Europe is like top 4 from European Tour, Top 4 from PGA Tour, 4 Captains selections. That's more or less, might be a minor slip up on my end there.

Comment

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/patrick...013759549.html

Comment

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/fan-hit...015618237.html

Ugh. Hate, hate everything about this.

Comment

• Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                                https://www.yahoo.com/sports/fan-hit...015618237.html

Ugh. Hate, hate everything about this.
                                And she’s going through with it
                                https://sports.yahoo.com/woman-hit-brooks-koepka-shot-says-nearly-died-plans-suit-ryder-cup-211016468.html
                                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X