Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

3rd round underway.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      Yes. ESPN was making noise about us seeing 700 yarder at next year's open.
      18 at Erin Hills.

I played the sane person tees and that bastard was like 620. Had a tap in, 2 inch (that close to a birdie!) par on it too! It was surprising, since I was so tired from walking that place by the 18th, combined with about 30 more swings than normal.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Spieth and Day on the move. Especially Spieth. His shot on 13 was sweet, almost flushed it for an ace.
        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

#12 is playing 674 for the 3rd round.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            18 at Erin Hills.

I played the sane person tees and that bastard was like 620. Had a tap in, 2 inch (that close to a birdie!) par on it too! It was surprising, since I was so tired from walking that place by the 18th, combined with about 30 more swings than normal.
            Well, if it's 18, I doubt they'll stretch the closing hole that far.

600 is just about the longest hole I've ever played. At least I don't recall anything much longer than that. There's a muni course around here that starts you off with a 570-590 yard par 5, and there was a couple others around that were north of 575. One of which closed its front 9 with a 585 yarder where you had to tee off over what was essentially a moat.

God, that was fun...

Comment

#12 is playing 674 for the 3rd round.
              And Jon Rahm just eagled it, holing out from 135.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Well, if it's 18, I doubt they'll stretch the closing hole that far.

600 is just about the longest hole I've ever played. At least I don't recall anything much longer than that. There's a muni course around here that starts you off with a 570-590 yard par 5, and there was a couple others around that were north of 575. One of which closed its front 9 with a 585 yarder where you had to tee off over what was essentially a moat.
                18 is their longest par 5, longest tees are 663 on the normal scorecard. Pretty sure the USGA has room to extend that. The other par 5s are around 600, and one is hole 1, probably can't stretch those to 700.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

18 is their longest par 5, longest tees are 663 on the normal scorecard. Pretty sure the USGA has room to extend that. The other par 5s are around 600, and one is hole 1, probably can't stretch those to 700.
                  Certainly. But I don't think the USGA is going to end their national championship on a 700 yard hole. That's bordering on absurd.

I think you're going to see Oakmont rear its ugly head today. 12 players are under par right now. I expect that to drop, if not halve by sundown.
                  Hi. 6 players under par at end of Saturday night.
                  Last edited by Hammer; 06-19-2016, 03:21 AM.

God, that was fun...

Comment

663? Child's play!

Hit it wrong and your next shot is from Mexico.

Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Certainly. But I don't think the USGA is going to end their national championship on a 700 yard hole. That's bordering on absurd.

Hi. 6 players under par at end of Saturday night.
                      I could see them stretching it out on Thursday or Friday, but Sunday it will probably be a bit shorter.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

DJ taketh the lead. How does he giveth this time?

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                          Unfortunately for him, putting is still part of the game.

I can't remember if it was for just a single round or the whole tournament but a few weeks ago his longest made put was 2 feet 6 inches.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                            And he might be taking a penalty stroke after the end of the round.

God, that was fun...

Comment

And he might be taking a penalty stroke after the end of the round.
                              I am so confused by that deal... Is it or is it not a penalty? Why the delayed ruling?
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Flying, so can't watch what's happening, but from what I'm reading, this sounds like a total clown show.

Comment

Working...
                                X