Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

https://twitter.com/aronpricePGA/sta...36176629653506

I had to laugh a good bit at this.

Comment

Ok, the course is holy crap tough. Deal with it. If there is a blizzard in GB and MIA is visiting for an NFL game, do they complain? No. Are they happy about it? No. They deal with it. So, deal with it. Everyone has to deal with it, level playing field.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Ok, the course is holy crap tough. Deal with it. If there is a blizzard in GB and MIA is visiting for an NFL game, do they complain? No. Are they happy about it? No. They deal with it. So, deal with it. Everyone has to deal with it, level playing field.
        A pro at this level should not have a 5' putt roll 10' past the pin.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          A pro at this level should not have a 5' putt roll 10' past the pin.
          Agreed. The putting I saw today was atrocious.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Ok, the course is holy crap tough. Deal with it. If there is a blizzard in GB and MIA is visiting for an NFL game, do they complain? No.
            Yes some would without question. And a blizzard which is unavoidable isn't even the same thing as the managed manipulation of a golf course.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              Yes some would without question. And a blizzard which is unavoidable isn't even the same thing as the managed manipulation of a golf course.
              From what I've seen the wind has been brutal. And again, they can't make 5 foot putts. The course is brutal, no doubt. But, don't use it as an excuse for your score.

Comment

Bulls**t Brent. These are the best putters in the world - they're not en masse missing 5 foot putts because they've suddenly forgotten how to putt.

Comment

Bulls**t Brent. These are the best putters in the world - they're not en masse missing 5 foot putts because they've suddenly forgotten how to putt.
                  It's a TOUGH course, no doubt. But everyone is facing the same thing. There's no excuse for not having a top notch score. EVERY score right now is not top notch. So be it. If the winner is a +1, hey that happens. Folks are treating it like if you don't shoot a -5, a -10, whatever, you suck. That is not the case. The course is punishing the golfers. That's the way it goes sometimes.

Comment

Like I said. DJ brought a whole bunch of golfers back in the hunt for tomorrow. He’s plus 3 on the tourney with 3 others for the lead. This makes tomorrow must see tv
                    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      It's a TOUGH course, no doubt. But everyone is facing the same thing. There's no excuse for not having a top notch score. EVERY score right now is not top notch. So be it. If the winner is a +1, hey that happens. Folks are treating it like if you don't shoot a -5, a -10, whatever, you suck. That is not the case. The course is punishing the golfers. That's the way it goes sometimes.
                      That's "the way it goes" because they effed up the course and, "There's no excuse" completely misses the point. But you're never gonna cede a point when wrong so have the last word.

Comment

That's "the way it goes" because they effed up the course and, "There's no excuse" completely misses the point. But you're never gonna cede a point when wrong so have the last word.
                        I've been told that courses are built for par. Some complained about the Ryder Cup here being too easy. Now they are complaining that the course is too hard. I am of the belief that you just deal with it. *shrug*

Comment

No one quit so they are dealing with it. Jeezuz.

Comment

No one quit so they are dealing with it. Jeezuz.
                            They didn't quit, but some are beeching about it. And the fans are beeching, too.

I ain't here for a fight, or argument. There are some objections to the toughness of the course, though, and I think they are unwarranted. That's it.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                              Knee and c-ck be reversed.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

That's the way the US Open should be. I HOPE THEY NEVER CHANGE.

And there were plenty of bad shots and bad putts. Those get penalized in this tournament. I hope its the same tomorrow. Make them work for it.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X