Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Golf 2016 - I Phil we'll never hear the Rory of the Tiger again.

The USGA has changed their rules to thwart snitching TV viewers. Too late for Lexi Thompson, though.

http://deadspin.com/usga-finally-cha...ewe-1794634680
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

John Daly won his first tournament since 2004 today. Complete with a champagne bath and garish red, white, and blue slacks.
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Tiger was busted for DUI this morning. In the evening, he said it wasn't booze, but a reaction to prescription medicine.

http://deadspin.com/tiger-woods-bust...ium=socialflow

Comment

Police report link at bottom of twwet. How many can recite the national anthem backwards??

@JasonSobelESPN: Police report for Tiger Woods: https://twitter.com/JasonSobelESPN/s...312320/photo/1
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Police report link at bottom of twwet. How many can recite the national anthem backwards??

@JasonSobelESPN: Police report for Tiger Woods: https://twitter.com/JasonSobelESPN/s...312320/photo/1
            He would've been asked to recite the alphabet backwards. The line about the national anthem is his response, which is why the officer then explained it to him again several times.

And the .000 field breath test means it wasn't alcohol. Whether it was actually prescription drugs or not, who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

Questions like that (and the alphabet) are trap questions. Many times, the person will say "I can't do that sober." Boom, nailed.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

They field techs also got a urine sample. So it wasn't booze. The urine tests will show what?

Tiger needs a minder.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  The urine tests will show what?.
                  That's the million dollar question right there.
                  FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

If he is/was on multiple meds, who knows how one reacts to them. He should have known better than to drive, though.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      If he is/was on multiple meds, who knows how one reacts to them. He should have known better than to drive, though.
                      In most but not all states, you get one free pass if you have valid prescriptions (shockingly, it's called the prescription drug defense). You're not a pharmacist or a doctor, you can't be expected to know every reaction or side effect you're going to have to legitimately prescribed meds. Once you have reason to know it will make you drowsy or otherwise unsafe to drive, though, you're liable.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                        In most but not all states, you get one free pass if you have valid prescriptions (shockingly, it's called the prescription drug defense). You're not a pharmacist or a doctor, you can't be expected to know every reaction or side effect you're going to have to legitimately prescribed meds. Once you have reason to know it will make you drowsy or otherwise unsafe to drive, though, you're liable.
                        Or if you take more than the recommended dosage, I would imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          Questions like that (and the alphabet) are trap questions. Many times, the person will say "I can't do that sober." Boom, nailed.
                          Can they really get you on that? Stating what you can do is one situation does not mean you are not in that situation. If I say right now "I cannot run a 4 minute mile in California", it doesn't mean I'm suddenly in Nevada.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                            He may not have known, plus his personality is such that he doesn't readily acknowledge limitations. That was part of his greatness.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                              Can they really get you on that? Stating what you can do is one situation does not mean you are not in that situation. If I say right now "I cannot run a 4 minute mile in California", it doesn't mean I'm suddenly in Nevada.
                              If one answers that way, it implies you are not sober. I don't think you can get nailed SOLELY on that, but it sure won't help your case one bit.

Comment

In what seems like it must be a mistake, the US Open is in (near) Milwaukee next week. Little geezer the golf nut talked me into driving down to watch a practice round (tickets to the event itself get silly, for me). Anyone else? Anyone have spectating advice? Again, not a big fan, but my son wants to get autographs.
                                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X