This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

She was healthy and had a good camp. Heard it had something to do with a text message that went bad. Of coarse hearing this second or third hand

Comment

• Originally posted by KTDC View Post
      My impression is that in Madison the men and women simply 'cannot' play at the same time for some reason.
      A former UW staffer who now works at UM indicated last night that the video scoreboards at Kohl and LaBahn operate on the same system and cannot be used at the same time.
      Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
      Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
      Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyDave View Post
        A former UW staffer who now works at UM indicated last night that the video scoreboards at Kohl and LaBahn operate on the same system and cannot be used at the same time.
        That's . . . so very Wisconsin. Though, again, my understanding from someone in Madison, is that, in order to get the permits to build LaBahn, the university had to agree not to schedule simultaneous events at Kohl and LaBahn.

Comment

Originally posted by brokentwig View Post
          She was healthy and had a good camp. Heard it had something to do with a text message that went bad. Of coarse hearing this second or third hand
          What??

Comment

St. Cloud series coming up this weekend, any word on who their starting goalie is since they had a transfer come in?

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
              That's . . . so very Wisconsin. Though, again, my understanding from someone in Madison, is that, in order to get the permits to build LaBahn, the university had to agree not to schedule simultaneous events at Kohl and LaBahn.
              I've heard the permit issue before, I just don't understand why the city would care if both are used at the same time. The control center at Kohl Center does indeed run the sytems there, Camp Randall and, I assume as others have mentioned, LaBahn. I just don't think that only one facility can be used at a time for that reason. I know there has been a women's hockey playoff game (at LaBahn) at the time as the state wrestling tournament (at Kohl) and I have to believe they were using the main scoreboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                The schools should be able to influence the schedule to a certain degree. This weekend is the exact reason why.

Playing men's and women's games at the same time.....not a bad idea, but you still me lose attendance between the 2. I wonder what % of season ticket holders for the men's and women's teams have tickets for both.
                At the very least, why not schedule the women at 5 and then the men at 7:30? With only a 5-minute OT and a best of 3 shoot-out, there is no real chance a game would ever run longer than 2 1/2 hours. I'd like to see the UW just try it once and see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                  At the very least, why not schedule the women at 5 and then the men at 7:30? With only a 5-minute OT and a best of 3 shoot-out, there is no real chance a game would ever run longer than 2 1/2 hours. I'd like to see the UW just try it once and see how it goes.
                  Even play the gals @ 4. They should try it. Have the bb teams play @ 11:30.

Roque..I was pondering how talented she was, I guess preseason Fr. of the year candidate isn't too shabby. The little "get to know" videos of the players are interesting. Roque said if she could be any animal, she'd be a gorilla. I can understand that after reading about her playing against the boys in HS. I think she's gonna be a little shiit stirrer in addition to putting up some points.
                  Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                  Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                  "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                  Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                    I've heard the permit issue before, I just don't understand why the city would care if both are used at the same time. The control center at Kohl Center does indeed run the sytems there, Camp Randall and, I assume as others have mentioned, LaBahn. I just don't think that only one facility can be used at a time for that reason. I know there has been a women's hockey playoff game (at LaBahn) at the time as the state wrestling tournament (at Kohl) and I have to believe they were using the main scoreboard.
                    My understanding was that the city's concern was parking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      Roque..I was pondering how talented she was, I guess preseason Fr. of the year candidate isn't too shabby. The little "get to know" videos of the players are interesting. Roque said if she could be any animal, she'd be a gorilla. I can understand that after reading about her playing against the boys in HS. I think she's gonna be a little shiit stirrer in addition to putting up some points.
                      Really not her style in HS. More of the sneaky, oops, forget about me while I slide into position by the net.

Comment

Originally posted by giwan View Post
                        Really not her style in HS. More of the sneaky, oops, forget about me while I slide into position by the net.
                        Rumor has it that a "fill the bowl" game was happening this season at the Kohl Center for the UW Women's team.. Sometime in January is what I heard..

Comment

My guess is that Taylor Crosby will be in goal for the Huskies next weekend in St. Cloud vs. the Badgers..

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            Even play the gals @ 4. They should try it. Have the bb teams play @ 11:30.

Roque is a really good player. In my opinion a perfect fit for her would be to have her center a line with Shaver and Wellhausen on the wings. I believe she skated with both players in the past at the U-18 level so there is some chemistry there. She has really good hands and moves the puck quickly. So important with the speed that is there on the wings if those 3 are in fact one of the lines Coach Johnson puts together. I guess we will see next week!

Comment

Originally posted by rangersrule View Post
                              Roque is a really good player. In my opinion a perfect fit for her would be to have her center a line with Shaver and Wellhausen on the wings. I believe she skated with both players in the past at the U-18 level so there is some chemistry there. She has really good hands and moves the puck quickly. So important with the speed that is there on the wings if those 3 are in fact one of the lines Coach Johnson puts together. I guess we will see next week!
                              Hopefully someone tells us the lines in practice. The suspense is killing me.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by rangersrule View Post
                                Historically on other teams Bailey has played center and Roque has typically been a forward.

Of course that means nothing depending how they skate together

Comment

Working...
                                X