This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

I see for UW-UM series in Madison in December that Men's hockey plays in Madison both Friday and Saturday, and men's basketball plays at home on Saturday.

Do you think that means both women's hockey games will be played in the afternoon?

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      Brita Curl from Bismarck,ND has committed to Wisconsin for 2018. Awesome snatching her away from the sue's nose. She's a U18 roster gal (along with other UW commitments Drake & Buchbinder), a captain of her current team. She would be the 12th F for 2018-19, but in all likelihood Pankowski and Clark will be back, so she'd be 14th F. I watched her highlight video, she seems very fast compared to the D she was scorching, but man there is some bad goaltending on that video. She does not hesitate to turn and get the puck at the net. MJ keeps racking them up!

On a personal note, I love the name Brita, almost as much as Madalayne, my daughter's name.
      Added to the spreadsheet.

My subscriptions are a mess lately, so I'm not seeing every post any more. Gotta fix that.
      Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
        I see for UW-UM series in Madison in December that Men's hockey plays in Madison both Friday and Saturday, and men's basketball plays at home on Saturday.

Do you think that means both women's hockey games will be played in the afternoon?
        Smells like a Friday aft/Sunday aft series, which would be horrible to play the rodents Friday afternoon. What a waste.
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Smells like a Friday aft/Sunday aft series, which would be horrible to play the rodents Friday afternoon. What a waste.
          I personally would be more upset with a game on that Sunday, because then I'd be able to attend only one game of the series (Friday). I have to be back on the west side of the St. Croix River by 8:30 a.m. on December 4.
          Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
          Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
          Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

That weekend is a mess. Interestingly, the hockey schedule does not say 12-4, but 12-2 and 12-3, so does that rule out Sunday and lock in Friday? They simply can't have 1 of 2 marquee games on a Friday afternoon. That's insane. Go ahead and lock out 50% of the attendees from attending. Brilliant! Saturday they could do BB at 11, women's hockey @ 3:30, men's @ 8. I think I recall this happening in the past. Please just do Saturday afternoon and Sunday (for the sake of UW fans of course )

Comment

Another commitment for 18-19.....a goalie.....Cami Kronish - North American Hockey Academy. Looks like MJ is keeping his goalie spacing to be about every 2 years.

Comment

Another commitment for 18-19.....a goalie.....Cami Kronish - North American Hockey Academy. Looks like MJ is keeping his goalie spacing to be about every 2 years.
                Updated the sheet.

Only a few more gaps on the '19-'20 roster at this point now.
                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Curious if anyone has input on why Wiscy's top incoming freshman forward was cut or sent home from the U22 team? Top player

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie44 View Post
                    Curious if anyone has input on why Wiscy's top incoming freshman forward was cut or sent home from the U22 team? Top player
                    We have so many top incoming players it hard to say who it was...guess it doesn't really matter at this point who it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggie44 View Post
                      Norby?
                      At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                        Norby?
                        That would be my guess.. Strange that a year ago she was part of the National Team at the 4-Nations cup and yet a couple weeks ago she failed to make the U-22 USA/Canada series team.. Don't know if she was injured or maybe didn't have a good camp.

Comment

I'm guessing that once the start time of the men's game is determined, women's hockey will then be slotted. With men's hockey at night, it pretty much has to be late morning/early afternoon. Women could then play at around 3/4 and won't run up against men's hockey.

Personally, and I know I'm in the minority, but I wouldn't mind seeing the men and women play at the same time on a Friday night. If the Friday game is in the afternoon, I can't go to the game which sucks for me. We still pull decent sized crowds on Friday afternoons, but the very concept of the start time is frustrating. Can't ever remember women's basketball or volleyball playing on a weekday afternoon.

If Friday afternoon games are completely unavoidable (which I don't believe, but whatever), then schedule any another team besides Minnesota or North Dakota. Those showcase series need to be in primetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                            If Friday afternoon games are completely unavoidable (which I don't believe, but whatever), then schedule any another team besides Minnesota or North Dakota. Those showcase series need to be in primetime.
                            The problem is that those games are scheduled by the leagues, not the schools. I doubt that the Big 10 and the WCHA spend much time coordinating to make sure that a big women's series isn't up against men's hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                              The problem is that those games are scheduled by the leagues, not the schools. I doubt that the Big 10 and the WCHA spend much time coordinating to make sure that a big women's series isn't up against men's hockey.
                              The schools should be able to influence the schedule to a certain degree. This weekend is the exact reason why.

Playing men's and women's games at the same time.....not a bad idea, but you still me lose attendance between the 2. I wonder what % of season ticket holders for the men's and women's teams have tickets for both.

Comment

The schools should be able to influence the schedule to a certain degree. This weekend is the exact reason why.

Playing men's and women's games at the same time.....not a bad idea, but you still me lose attendance between the 2. I wonder what % of season ticket holders for the men's and women's teams have tickets for both.
                                Gophers men and women play at the same occasionally, normally with the start times 1 hour apart. My impression is it doesn't impact attendance for the women that much. It seems the greatest benefit is never having to play a Friday afternoon game. Also the women can retain a little more dignity because they are not relegated to the crumbs the men's schedule leaves them.

My impression is that in Madison the men and women simply 'cannot' play at the same time for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                                X