X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

Originally posted by rangersrule View Post
    I agree that the teams last season were so close in talent that game 7 in a seven game series would have been a toss-up. However, I feel that the player that made the difference last season (and especially in the FF semi) was Kessel.
    I said it last year and I'll say it again, she tipped the scale in favor of her team. UW was 2-0 against a Kessless team and 1-3 against a Kesseled team.

I see times are listed for the OSU home games, Friday @ 7 and Saturday @ 1. Might as well sleep in the car Friday night.
    Last edited by Timothy A; 08-30-2016, 12:17 PM.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

It's not a 2pm start time. Then I may be able to drive to Madison see the women play and be back to Resch to see the Men play at 7pm.
      UW Hockey NCAA Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Switzer View Post
        It's not a 2pm start time. Then I may be able to drive to Madison see the women play and be back to Resch to see the Men play at 7pm.
        That would be a fun day for sure.

A few more dates/times are up. BSU is 11/5 Sat 2 - 11/6 Sun 1, Cornell is 11/25 Fri 7 - game 2 tbd. No Friday afternoon games yet...

Looking at the schedule, the Clarkson/Sue/Kato set will be tough, going way east, then going way west with 2 trap series to finish it up. I project 16 out of their 34 games will be against ranked teams (BC will be hard pressed to get games against 8 ranked teams.)

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          That would be a fun day for sure.

A few more dates/times are up. BSU is 11/5 Sat 2 - 11/6 Sun 1, Cornell is 11/25 Fri 7 - game 2 tbd. No Friday afternoon games yet...

Looking at the schedule, the Clarkson/Sue/Kato set will be tough, going way east, then going way west with 2 trap series to finish it up. I project 16 out of their 34 games will be against ranked teams (BC will be hard pressed to get games against 8 ranked teams.)
          So you expect to finish 2nd in the pairwise? Think you can end BCs second nearly undefeated season? That is assuming the Gophers let you have a turn

Comment

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
            So you expect to finish 2nd in the pairwise? Think you can end BCs second nearly undefeated season? That is assuming the Gophers let you have a turn
            I am dying for UW to dagger BC as both teams will be undefeated playing in the title game. You heard it here first.

Comment

I am dying for UW to dagger BC as both teams will be undefeated playing in the title game. You heard it here first.
              Just wondering if there's a way to bookmark a post for easy future reference?
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Well, not including when the Badgers choke as usual and lose to the Gophers. Other than that UW might go undefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                  Well, not including when the Badgers choke as usual and lose to the Gophers. Other than that UW might go undefeated.
                  I'd say being 2-3 beating them in the wcha toruney and losing in the ncaa's in OT is not anything close to choking. Now BC on the other hand....what's their record against wcha teams in the ncaas?

Comment

I'd say being 2-3 beating them in the wcha toruney and losing in the ncaa's in OT is not anything close to choking. Now BC on the other hand....what's their record against wcha teams in the ncaas?
                    it's not choking when the better team wins

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
                      it's not choking when the better team wins
                      I agree to a point. UM with Kessel was better than UW last year. In regards to UM and UW being better than BC, therefore BC didn't choke, I kinda agree, I'm more or less trying to throw a flammable liquid onto a smoldering fire. The board's been a little too tame this offseason. I love the E/W rivalry. Come on pokey, get with the program!

I got season tickets again for my B-day! Thanks to the bestest wifeypooh in the world!

Comment

I agree to a point. UM with Kessel was better than UW last year. In regards to UM and UW being better than BC, therefore BC didn't choke, I kinda agree, I'm more or less trying to throw a flammable liquid onto a smoldering fire. The board's been a little too tame this offseason. I love the E/W rivalry. Come on pokey, get with the program!

I got season tickets again for my B-day! Thanks to the bestest wifeypooh in the world!
                        Does anyone know when practice officially starts? Or maybe it has already? A little over 2 weeks until first games!!

Comment

Is there a difference between a team "choking" and a team losing a game? Sometimes, things that constitute "choking" come together in a loss, but most of the time, it's just fans and analysts speaking in Sportuguese for the sake of sensationalism. Unless a team shuts out every single team (and not even necessarily then), there are times when team A is better than team B, and vice versa.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                            Is there a difference between a team "choking" and a team losing a game? Sometimes, things that constitute "choking" come together in a loss, but most of the time, it's just fans and analysts speaking in Sportuguese for the sake of sensationalism. Unless a team shuts out every single team (and not even necessarily then), there are times when team A is better than team B, and vice versa.
                            There's losing and getting beaten. Same result, but I rather get beat than lose.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I was mostly referring to BC
                              but I agree with you, ..to a point
                              in Madison the Badgers were the better team, at Ridder the Gophers were
                              it was more than Kessel
                              it was more than who had the last line change
                              I thought Frost described it well about Madison,
                              the Badger D played as if there sticks were longer,
                              they stymied everything the Gopher offense threw at them except the Garzone goal
                              in Mpls the Gopher offense had the edge, you are probably right about Kessel being the difference
                              but also I thought the Gopher D handled the Badger forecheck much better than they did in Madison
                              in fact, I think that was the main difference between the two series

the post season games could have gone either way
                              I'll take the NCAA win over the WCHA win

Comment

Brita Curl from Bismarck,ND has committed to Wisconsin for 2018. Awesome snatching her away from the sue's nose. She's a U18 roster gal (along with other UW commitments Drake & Buchbinder), a captain of her current team. She would be the 12th F for 2018-19, but in all likelihood Pankowski and Clark will be back, so she'd be 14th F. I watched her highlight video, she seems very fast compared to the D she was scorching, but man there is some bad goaltending on that video. She does not hesitate to turn and get the puck at the net. MJ keeps racking them up!

On a personal note, I love the name Brita, almost as much as Madalayne, my daughter's name.

Comment

Working...
                                X