Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

Sad Panda
    My Body is in Georgia. My Heart will always be in Wisconsin

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Booster View Post
    Welcome to the party.......and it looks like Maddie Rolfes got granted a medical redshirt last year and is only a sophomore this year.
    Thanks for the heads up on that. That's a relatively easy fix on the sheet.

Making America Great Again
    on the road helping illegals move to Canada

it's nice that having someone transfer into your program from another WCHA team is something to get excited about
    when you have someone transfer out of the program to another top ten team because she wants more playing time,
    then you know you are a big time program

15 years ago UM had players transfer to UMD
    and UMD had players transfer to UM

wake me up when UM & UW swap players
    Really folks, we should forgive Al Franken, that is one hot babe, how could he resist grabbin' her? .... maybe if he'd have remembered he's married?

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
    So the team put out a tweet today promoting ticket sales.

https://twitter.com/BadgerWHockey/st...12388252352512

The tweet has a link to the Badger ticket office. But if you use it on a mobile device, you get the lovely message...

Gotta love mixed messages.
    At this point, only season tickets are available for sale. Current season ticket holders have to the end of the month to renew and then it looks like single-game seats go on sale later on in September.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    Hot butter! MJ is on fire right now! Looks like Clark and Nurse were doing a little recruiting on UW's behalf. That gives UW 15 forwards for next year and only 11 for this year. Seems like he's protecting himself from losing players to the Olympics.
    Given the fact that Pankowski and Clark are pretty much locks for the Olympics then you are really at 13 forwards.. A number that is easily manageable. A couple of next years incoming freshman are more depth type players too without the international U-18 experience that many of the other members of the team have. It's always nice to look a year ahead but, let's make sure THIS seasons Badger team plays totally to their potential. It should be a very entertaining and fun year for the fans at LaBahn Arena!
    Last edited by pensrule; 08-24-2016 at 12:12 PM.

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by pensrule View Post
    Given the fact that Pankowski and Clark are pretty much locks for the Olympics then you are really at 13 forwards.. A number that is easily manageable. A couple of next years incoming freshman are more depth type players too without the international U-18 experience that many of the other members of the team have. It's always nice to look a year ahead but, let's make sure THIS seasons Badger team plays totally to their potential. It should be a very entertaining and fun year for the fans at LaBahn Arena!
    I really enjoy the look ahead for the future quite a bit. It's in my DNA to be a planner type. Who would you categorize as depth players coming in for next year?

2016-2017 - NCAA title or bust. Anything less would be a bummer. It was a bummer last year and that team was perhaps a year ahead of schedule.

They can contend next year w/o Panny and Clark as long as Cece is a typical UW brick wall in goal. Then the next year they get them back, Oh Baby! 3 peat.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

I really enjoy the look ahead for the future quite a bit. It's in my DNA to be a planner type. Who would you categorize as depth players coming in for next year?

2016-2017 - NCAA title or bust. Anything less would be a bummer. It was a bummer last year and that team was perhaps a year ahead of schedule.

They can contend next year w/o Panny and Clark as long as Cece is a typical UW brick wall in goal. Then the next year they get them back, Oh Baby! 3 peat.
    The depth players I was referring to are the ones that weren't part of either a Canadian or American U-18 team..Nothing against them at all! Just saying that when you look at the top college teams (UW, UM, BU, BC, etc.) most of their line up consists of players that have not only been to National Camp 4 years but, have also played for said U-18 National teams at least once.. The best of the best. There are 3 players coming in next season that haven't played on those teams. That doesn't mean that they won't develop over their college careers, I just don't see them having an immediate impact their freshman year. I do agree that this season NEEDS to the THE season!!

Oh Baby! 3 peat.
    Thats sweet of you to suggest MN will 3peat but it is too early for such a bold prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by ne7minder View Post
    Thats sweet of you to suggest MN will 3peat but it is too early for such a bold prediction.
    If the Badgers don't win it all, it will be a major disappointment. On paper they look unbeatable.

Quote Originally Posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    If the Badgers don't win it all, it will be a major disappointment. On paper they look unbeatable.
    Last year was a toss-up and the results verify that, I think if they played that FF game 7 times it could easily be 4-3 either way (and it was). I thought WI would be more hungry last year and win it all. This year I think MN lost more talent than WI (not saying anything bad about the Badger kids who graduated but none of them were Brandt) so the balance seems to be even more in WI favor this year unless the new kids really shine. That said, I would still expect a 4-3 seven game series. I don't think either team has any reason to hang their head with the results of those games. Naturally I hope you are disappointed but you shouldn't be, that is a great team in Madison.

Last year was a toss-up and the results verify that, I think if they played that FF game 7 times it could easily be 4-3 either way (and it was). I thought WI would be more hungry last year and win it all. This year I think MN lost more talent than WI (not saying anything bad about the Badger kids who graduated but none of them were Brandt) so the balance seems to be even more in WI favor this year unless the new kids really shine. That said, I would still expect a 4-3 seven game series. I don't think either team has any reason to hang their head with the results of those games. Naturally I hope you are disappointed but you shouldn't be, that is a great team in Madison.
    I agree that the teams last season were so close in talent that game 7 in a seven game series would have been a toss-up. However, I feel that the player that made the difference last season (and especially in the FF semi) was Kessel. Even at 75-80% she was the difference maker. When she re-joined the line up for the Gophers they instantly became a match up problem for the Badgers. With that being said, UW was still only a bounce away from winning that game as it could have gone either way. Both teams were so equally matched. This season UW comes in with 11 forwards that can all play and for the most part the top 3 lines from last season are pretty much in tact. 7 of the top 9 forwards are back: Pankowski, Clark, Cogan, Nurse, McKibbon, Wellhausen, and Shaver. It definitely gives the coaching staff some flexibility and lots of options on the power play. On the back end they will miss Burke but, a healthy Rolfes and the addition of Steffen should make up for that. And Obviously Desbien in net is spectacular. Minnesota will still be strong too, I just like what the Badgers have coming back vs. what the Gophers lost in Brandt and Kessel.
    Last edited by rangersrule; 08-30-2016 at 09:48 AM.

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by rangersrule View Post
    I agree that the teams last season were so close in talent that game 7 in a seven game series would have been a toss-up. However, I feel that the player that made the difference last season (and especially in the FF semi) was Kessel.
    I said it last year and I'll say it again, she tipped the scale in favor of her team. UW was 2-0 against a Kessless team and 1-3 against a Kesseled team.

I see times are listed for the OSU home games, Friday @ 7 and Saturday @ 1. Might as well sleep in the car Friday night.
    Last edited by Timothy A; 08-30-2016 at 01:17 PM.

It's not a 2pm start time. Then I may be able to drive to Madison see the women play and be back to Resch to see the Men play at 7pm.
    UW Hockey NCAA Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Switzer View Post
    It's not a 2pm start time. Then I may be able to drive to Madison see the women play and be back to Resch to see the Men play at 7pm.
    That would be a fun day for sure.

A few more dates/times are up. BSU is 11/5 Sat 2 - 11/6 Sun 1, Cornell is 11/25 Fri 7 - game 2 tbd. No Friday afternoon games yet...

Looking at the schedule, the Clarkson/Sue/Kato set will be tough, going way east, then going way west with 2 trap series to finish it up. I project 16 out of their 34 games will be against ranked teams (BC will be hard pressed to get games against 8 ranked teams.)

That would be a fun day for sure.

A few more dates/times are up. BSU is 11/5 Sat 2 - 11/6 Sun 1, Cornell is 11/25 Fri 7 - game 2 tbd. No Friday afternoon games yet...

Looking at the schedule, the Clarkson/Sue/Kato set will be tough, going way east, then going way west with 2 trap series to finish it up. I project 16 out of their 34 games will be against ranked teams (BC will be hard pressed to get games against 8 ranked teams.)
    So you expect to finish 2nd in the pairwise? Think you can end BCs second nearly undefeated season? That is assuming the Gophers let you have a turn

Let's go RED!

So you expect to finish 2nd in the pairwise? Think you can end BCs second nearly undefeated season? That is assuming the Gophers let you have a turn
    I am dying for UW to dagger BC as both teams will be undefeated playing in the title game. You heard it here first.

I am dying for UW to dagger BC as both teams will be undefeated playing in the title game. You heard it here first.
    Just wondering if there's a way to bookmark a post for easy future reference?
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Well, not including when the Badgers choke as usual and lose to the Gophers. Other than that UW might go undefeated.

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    Well, not including when the Badgers choke as usual and lose to the Gophers. Other than that UW might go undefeated.
    I'd say being 2-3 beating them in the wcha toruney and losing in the ncaa's in OT is not anything close to choking. Now BC on the other hand....what's their record against wcha teams in the ncaas?

Making America Great Again
    on the road helping illegals move to Canada

I'd say being 2-3 beating them in the wcha toruney and losing in the ncaa's in OT is not anything close to choking. Now BC on the other hand....what's their record against wcha teams in the ncaas?
    it's not choking when the better team wins
    Really folks, we should forgive Al Franken, that is one hot babe, how could he resist grabbin' her? .... maybe if he'd have remembered he's married?

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by pokechecker View Post
    it's not choking when the better team wins
    I agree to a point. UM with Kessel was better than UW last year. In regards to UM and UW being better than BC, therefore BC didn't choke, I kinda agree, I'm more or less trying to throw a flammable liquid onto a smoldering fire. The board's been a little too tame this offseason. I love the E/W rivalry. Come on pokey, get with the program!

I got season tickets again for my B-day! Thanks to the bestest wifeypooh in the world!

Thread Information