X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
    I admit to feeling bad doing the rouser in someone else's house, but given that I'm OK with them doing their song at Ridder I really only feel bad when Gopher fans outnumber Beaver, Maverick or Husky fans at their place (and for a couple years there at the end of Miller's reign of error the Bulldogs). Sing it out, I am sure it will feel good after 5 years of butt kickings.
    I fully expect to hear the Rouser when Minnesota scores at LaBahn. I don't want to hear it, but it's certainly not disrepectful. Only thing Badger fans might do is the 1,2,3, we want more chant. When the band is there for WCHA tourney games, then the options expand greatly.

Actually, not a lot of "butt kickings" over the last 5 years. 4-0 last year was bad as it got. I actually think there were several years where the Badgers played the Gophers better at Ridder than at LaBahn.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
      Actually, not a lot of "butt kickings" over the last 5 years.
      They were 3-3 against one another in 2015-2016. I'm still waiting for "game seven".

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
        They were 3-3 against one another in 2015-2016. I'm still waiting for "game seven".
        I'd settle for a 3-3 tie again in 2016-2017 as long as two of the Gopher wins are in the postseason.
        Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 02-13-2017, 11:07 PM.
        "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
          I'd settle for a 3-3 tie again in 2016-2017 as long as two of the Gopher wins are in the postseason.
          I'll raise you one. I'd take 2-4 this season as long as Wisconsin takes the last game.

Comment

I'll raise you one. I'd take 2-4 this season as long as Wisconsin takes the last game.
            Touche'

Comment

I fully expect to hear the Rouser when Minnesota scores at LaBahn. I don't want to hear it, but it's certainly not disrepectful. Only thing Badger fans might do is the 1,2,3, we want more chant. When the band is there for WCHA tourney games, then the options expand greatly.

Actually, not a lot of "butt kickings" over the last 5 years. 4-0 last year was bad as it got. I actually think there were several years where the Badgers played the Gophers better at Ridder than at LaBahn.
              Question about the bands! Do the teams usually bring their bands to the Frozen Four also?
              Get your March 17th and 19th Women's Frozen Four tickets here: https://stlsports.org/special-event/...s-frozen-four/

Comment

Originally posted by tmitchell View Post
                Question about the bands! Do the teams usually bring their bands to the Frozen Four also?
                I'm fairly sure that the Wisconsin band has been at all the Frozen Fours the Badgers have been in. I have to believe it's the same for Minnesota.

Comment

I have only been to one FF; 2012, in Duluth. All four schools had a band there, IIRC.

Comment

At some of the FF's here, teams have hired local HS bands to represent them. But yes, almost every school "brings" a band.

Comment

Wisconsin & Minnesota always as far as I can remember, the other schools it seems to have to do with how close they are to the venue. in '13 BU and BC hired(?) local high school bands but I don't remember if Mercyhurst had one at all. In '15 BC and Harvard both used local while MN & WI brought their own. In 16 I know MN & WI had their own but I don't know about BC or Clarkson, I didn't think to ask. It starts to get fuzzy after that though I believe UMD brought their own to Minneapolis in 2010.

You might want to have a list of local high schools that might be interested & then when it gets down to 4 contact the ADs and ask if you can help if they are not bringing a band

BTW - The NCAA limits the size of bands so you don't have to rope off a huge section, I think it is < 30 but for sure not much over if it isn't less
                      Last edited by ne7minder; 02-14-2017, 07:27 PM. Reason: NCAA rules

Comment

That was for Tims benefit No, until the other day i don't remember any games getting out of hand no matter who won. This last decade I don't think you could find a better game to watch than any WI/MN tilt no matter who ended up with the win. I don't want to see my team lose but if they lose to the Badgers at least it is a team that plays the game right and has some class, that is not always true with some of the other teams. I respect them.

Comment

That was for Tims benefit No, until the other day i don't remember any games getting out of hand no matter who won. This last decade I don't think you could find a better game to watch than any WI/MN tilt no matter who ended up with the win. I don't want to see my team lose but if they lose to the Badgers at least it is a team that plays the game right and has some class, that is not always true with some of the other teams. I respect them.
                          I agree with that and it probably has a lot to do with both Coach Johnson and Frost being class acts.

I usually don't pay too much attention to the bands, but in the 2010 semifinal game, if I remember correctly, the UMD band was directly across the arena from the Gopher band and the two seemed to have quite the competition going back and forth. The Gophers lost the game, but I'm sure they won the battle of the bands.

Comment

This last decade I don't think you could find a better game to watch than any WI/MN tilt no matter who ended up with the win.
                            Suggestion:

2010 Frozen Four Championship Game: Cornell vs UMD.

Triple Overtime: 34.6 seconds short of 2 complete games.

Everybody left Ridder exhausted...including the fans.

Comment

This last decade I don't think you could find a better game to watch than any WI/MN tilt no matter who ended up with the win.
                              As a Badger hockey fan, my highest of highs and lowest of lows have involved the Gophers.

The ups:

2006 NCAA Title Game
                              Wisconsin 3 Minnesota 0
                              Probably the most entertaining/satisfying day of hockey I've experienced. From the pre-game fan get-together at Sally's, to the game and then back to Sally's for post-game celebration and watching the men beat Cornell in multiple OTs to get to the Frozen Four. Doesn't get better than that.

2011 WCHA Tournament Title
                              Wisconsin 5 Minnesota 4
                              Badgers got down 3-0 and 4-2 going into the 3rd. Late goal by Duggan to tie it and Nash with the game-winner. One of the most exciting games I've ever been at. More celebrating at Sally's....

The downs:

2012 NCAA Title Game
                              Minnesota 4 Wisconsin 2
                              Made the road trip after the beatdown of BC in the semis. Had a great time at Grandma's before the game. Went downhill from there. Knew it would be tough game and the early Kessel goal set the tone. Watching the Gophers celebrate a national title at the Badgers expense was a big enough drag. Then I had to make the 5 hour drive back to Madison that night.

January 2013
                              Minnesota 5 Wisconsin 1
                              The balance of power had fully shifted to the Gophers by now. The Badgers had been relatively competitive in three earlier losses to Minnesota that year, but the Gophers completely dominated the Badgers from start to finish. It was the quietest (and most depressing) LaBahn has ever been.

The last three years losing in the Frozen Four have sucked, but they didn't make the list as I wasn't actually there for any of them, mercifully.

(I feel like I may have posted something very similar to this in the past, but I always remember these games when it's Minnesota week.)
                              Last edited by Badger Booster; 02-14-2017, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                                Suggestion:

2010 Frozen Four Championship Game: Cornell vs UMD.

Triple Overtime: 34.6 seconds short of 2 complete games.

Everybody left Ridder exhausted...including the fans.
                                Granted it was a fairly exciting game, but with the Gopher band no longer there Ridder arena just wasn't the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X