X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

Originally posted by ne7minder View Post
    Nice you can compete with UND to see who can be the biggest holes in the leauge. Having been to Madison a few times I am proud of Gopher fans who have respected the Badger house. The WI fans we met there have all been great even in defeat. The ones that come to Ridder are cut from your cloth and I never understood that.
    I guess I should have did the LOL. UM fans are very respectful though too numerous at the women's game and my kiddo and friends will be the same. I think he'll be a tad intimidated being so outnumbered. It would be funny to spell out WISCONSIN after a UW goal.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      I guess I should have did the LOL. UM fans are very respectful though too numerous at the women's game and my kiddo and friends will be the same. I think he'll be a tad intimidated being so outnumbered. It would be funny to spell out WISCONSIN after a UW goal.
      There's a Badger fan that can spell Wisconsin?
      Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 02-13-2017, 09:29 AM.
      "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
        There's a Badger fan that can spell Wisconsin?
        It's difficult enough for them to spell four letter words like deke...

Probably a side affect of inhaling and consuming too much paint thinner
        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

I find it interesting that the initial match up with both Gopher's and Bulldogs were close, followed by the complete breakdown scenario. I've known Rooney(Dogs goalie) since she played HS hockey in MN and it's rare to have her fall like that. I couldn't be at the games, but wonder how something like this can happen. Friends tell me that this is common in women's hockey, but I don't agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Netminder View Post
            I find it interesting that the initial match up with both Gopher's and Bulldogs were close, followed by the complete breakdown scenario. I've known Rooney(Dogs goalie) since she played HS hockey in MN and it's rare to have her fall like that. I couldn't be at the games, but wonder how something like this can happen. Friends tell me that this is common in women's hockey, but I don't agree.
            Yes and so far the only wins for both being in their first meetings with the Badgers this year. Maybe it's a good thing that after this coming weekend any meetings with Wisconsin will be at the most a one game affair for either UMD or the Gophers. Not that we can't beat them twice, if the Gophers play a whole game like they did in the 2nd period of Saturday's game with UND.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
              A glorious day at LaBahn today. After a shaky first couple of minutes, Wisconsin simply flexed on an under-manned and probably out-of-gas UMD team. 8-0 final and it could have been worse. You could tell it meant a lot to the team to clinch the WCHA title on senior day. Only downside (for me personally), was forgetting to record the game on TV. Nothing worse than realizing that when you are virtually already at the arena.

The "3rd line" was flying around all day with Wellhausen getting her first career hat trick and Abby Roque again showing why she is going to fun to watch the next 3 years. After Wellhausen's 3rd goal, there was a slow trickle of hats thrown out then at least a dozen more came down which is easily the most I've seen at a women's game. The PA announcer actually told the crowd to stop throwing hats on the ice. If I had access to the ice, I would have thrown my hat on the ice after reviewing the goal. Don't throw your hat on the ice? That's what happens after a hat trick. That was weird.

I'm curious what UMD was thinking sending Rooney out to start the 3rd. The game was way over at that point. Maybe she asked to stay in, but was quickly pulled after Pankowski's two goals in the first four minutes. Kind of felt like she was hung out to dry.

With the league title in hand, time to go and just play loose up in Minnesota.
              The Badger "3rd" line has been getting it done all season. Maybe not always getting on the scoresheet but, they have played consistant hockey game in and game out. Abby Roque is the best freshman on the WCHA, Sophie Shaver skates as well as anyone in the country, and Baylee Wellhausen has a work ethic on the ice that is unmatched. I have been saying this all year-- UW has the most depth of any team in the country. This "3rd" line enables Coach Johnson to get the line match ups he wants whether the team is on the road or at home. Yesterday was utter domination by the entire team.

Comment

Originally posted by Netminder View Post
                I find it interesting that the initial match up with both Gopher's and Bulldogs were close
                Take into consideration ARD did not play in the first game against UMD and it was Cece's first career start as a Freshman, on the road. I'm 99% sure if ARD plays UW wins that game.

Rooney got sieved because the team in front of her was out of gas from 4 minutes into the first period onward. In comparing the Sunday slaughters of maroooon and urine colored teams, the rodents played far worse than the dawgs did and Rooney played better than Peters did.

UMD in a single elimination game is dangerous due to Stadler and Rooney.

Comment

maroooon and urine colored teams, the rodents
                  If you know someone who has urine the color of the Gopher's "gold" jerseys you might want to suggest they drink more water or less B2 vitamins. Maroooon colored? They should see a doctor right away. If it's rodents with those issues, probably best to just stay away from them.
                  Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 02-13-2017, 01:53 PM. Reason: medical advice addition

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                    If you know someone who has urine the color of the Gopher's "gold" jerseys you might want to suggest they drink more water or less B2 vitamins. Maroooon colored? They should see a doctor right away. If it's rodents with those issues, probably best to just stay away from them.
                    I have been really anxious to figure out why my urine is that colored, and now I know, you are the best! I thought it was kidney damage from thinner usage.

The word "maroooon" is word out of a line from Bugs Bunny when he's insulting someone...."what a marooon".

Comment

I have been really anxious to figure out why my urine is that colored, and now I know, you are the best! I thought it was kidney damage from thinner usage.

The word "maroooon" is word out of a line from Bugs Bunny when he's insulting someone...."what a marooon".
                      You're welcome! Just tryin to help out our neighbors across the river. Bugs was the best, but are you sure "maroooon" might not just be "alternative spelling" in Wisconsin?
                      Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 02-13-2017, 05:30 PM. Reason: badger spelling

Comment

He was just being polite...

You already know your kidneys are shot. Plus your liver is probably the size of a watermelon.
                        Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-13-2017, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                          He was just being polite...

You already know your kidneys are shot. Plus your liver is probably the size of a watermelon.
                          A mini or full sized watermelon? Now I'm beginning to worry.

Comment

A mini or full sized watermelon? Now I'm beginning to worry.
                            Its had to absorb a lot, but likely not a full sized watermelon...Something in between. You really out to get that checked.
                            Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 02-14-2017, 08:50 AM. Reason: Bad conjunction

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                              It's had to absorb a lot, but likely not a full sized watermelon...Something in between. You really out to get that checked.
                              My wife finds my distended bowel rather attractive, she'd hate to see it go. What's a guy to do? Maybe I should cancel some of my life insurance and then see how much she likes it. I wonder why my milk tastes a little funny. I just assumed it wasn't from Wisconsin.

Comment

I admit to feeling bad doing the rouser in someone else's house, but given that I'm OK with them doing their song at Ridder I really only feel bad when Gopher fans outnumber Beaver, Maverick or Husky fans at their place (and for a couple years there at the end of Miller's reign of error the Bulldogs). Sing it out, I am sure it will feel good after 5 years of butt kickings.

Comment

Working...
                                X