X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    I could live with that.
    If UW wins both games this weekend don't they lock up the regular season WCHA title?

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
      I could live with that. Don't you want a UW sweep so UM can finish second?
      You were asking D2D, but I'll throw out a response

As results go, I'm not sure what I want except I think I want two things:
      I want the Gophers to make the tourney
      I don't want the Gophers to play UW in the quarters

I was looking forward to the #1 #2 matchup this weekend and this really takes a lot of the sheen off of it. Something seems wrong to me that we are finding about it 2 days before the games. And holy smokes Stalder is a Patty K candidate!

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
        And holy smokes Stalder is a Patty K candidate!
        Yeah, she's been great for much of her career, but some people still don't know her name. And no, I don't mean KTDC.
        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
          I was looking forward to the #1 #2 matchup this weekend and this really takes a lot of the sheen off of it. Something seems wrong to me that we are finding about it 2 days before the games. And holy smokes Stalder is a Patty K candidate!
          I don't know what the answer is, but this is an unacceptable situation. I'm put out when Badgers miss games early in the year and/or any conference games due to international play, but this late in the season is outrageous. What other sport has to deal with this nonsense?

Comment

On a happier note, both games are sold out. Hopefully the band will be there. It's senior weekend against an old-school rival and it's #1 vs. #2. If you show up for Mankato (no offense), then you should be there for UMD.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
              To even things up and restore the drama maybe Johnson should rest Pankowski and Nurse. What do you think?
              When UW played on the road in Duluth, they did so without their best player. Now when Duluth comes to Madison, they are going to do so without their best player.

Sounds to me like things are already being 'evened up".

----------

Re: the band. For the Mankato weekend, UW women hockey was pretty much literally the only game in town. That is not at all the case this weekend.

Comment

The games do not appear on the calendar on the band's website.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post

Re: the band. For the Mankato weekend, UW women hockey was pretty much literally the only game in town. That is not at all the case this weekend.
                  It's a big band..figure it out. It's not like Leckrone works the women's games anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                    It's a big band..figure it out. It's not like Leckrone works the women's games anyway.

"Why aren't you people spending your weekend doing what I want you to do?!?"

Comment

"Why aren't you people spending your weekend doing what I want you to do?!?"
                      Not just me. Pretty much most of the fans, players and coaches.

Comment

I'd love for the band to show up, at every game.

But that doesn't give me any right or whatever to expect it, or to demand it.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
                          Not just me. Pretty much most of the fans, players and coaches.
                          I'm with you on this one. I'm sure the band could figure it out, it's important for the families of the players to get the full WI game experience. Aren't we supposed to be teaching young people to be selfless and sacrifice for others, especially your time? It's totally stupid that the Band would not get together with the UW coaching staff in the late summer when the schedule is ready and ask them what games they'd like them to be at since they apparently can't be at all of them. I'm sure they would have picked this weekend and skipped Mankato. To me it seems like the band does whatever the hell they want, and no one is in control of them.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I don't know, man, we are going to have to agree to disagree. If the issue is not being able to find students willing/able to play the games, that's one thing. However, if it's the very top of the band leadership making the decision for everyone else, I will always have a problem with that.

Comment

So do you not have a right to expect/demand the band show up to a football game, or a basketball game, or a mens hockey game either?

If anything the lack of expectation is the only reason they are allowed to get away with not showing up at Womens Hockey. Minnesota expects the band to be at Ridder every game, and they manage to have a band, even when the men are playing next door at the exact same time.

What's extra annoying is that 5-10 years ago, it was rare for the band to not be at Womens Hockey at the Kohl.....

Comment

Originally posted by Nowheresville View Post
                                So do you not have a right to expect/demand the band show up to a football game, or a basketball game, or a mens hockey game either?

If anything the lack of expectation is the only reason they are allowed to get away with not showing up at Womens Hockey. Minnesota expects the band to be at Ridder every game, and they manage to have a band, even when the men are playing next door at the exact same time.
                                Preach...

Comment

Working...
                                X