X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

Originally posted by mnwis View Post
    Ms Bowlby is nothing like Baldwin and Steffan. She is a smooth skating defenseman that appears to be figure-skating in open ice..With a bit of speed she uses her skating skill to escape against most HS players...Her physicality is not close to the others. Offensively, she is fine for HS.. Many think she will be best at FORWARD for the Badgers.
    UW kinda really needs D, not an F (even if UW loses Clark and Pankowski to the Olympics), hopefully she works out as a D, LOL. I have a feeling it will turn out ok. Thanks again for all the info, love the discussion. Now I'll have to figure out when and how to watch the MN HS tourney. I would like to watch Edina and Maple Grove.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
      Amused/Entertained/Educated by the discussion of Ms. Bowlby. Even if she's "just" the 2nd best defenseman coming out of Minnesota, we'll take it. Three years in a row plucking a player out of the Lake Conference.
      I don't suppose you have any up-and-coming Kessels that you could give us in return, eh? I still remember the infamous goal her brother scored in the Kohl Center...
      https://youtu.be/HYMTMqei5AY
      Last edited by D2D; 02-06-2017, 09:58 PM.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        Now I'll have to figure out when and how to watch the MN HS tourney. I would like to watch Edina and Maple Grove.
        Pretty sure you'll be able to watch the stream of all the games here: https://video.grandstadium.tv/home.aspx
        (there may be a charge for it though)

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          I don't suppose you have any up-and-coming Kessels that you could give us in return, eh? I still remember the infamous goal her brother scored in the Kohl Center...
          Fresh out of Kessels, thank goodness. Men's program didn't miss out on anything with Phil in '06. Women's program was haunted by not getting Amanda. Even if she just went out East it would have been better. Her going to Minnesota probably cost Wisconsin at least 2 national titles. Besides that, no big deal.

Comment

I'm trying to get over the Kessel 6 year thing and you rodents just keep throwing her in my face. Can't we all just get along?

Comment

Per team's Twitter, Saturday's game is sold out and limited tickets left for Sunday. Been awhile since the Bulldogs came in as a clear adversary.

Comment

Lucia was not pleased with his display. I thought it was hilarious. Even better the next video that came up was Wheeler's diving "Brotenlike" goal to defeat the Sue. Sweet!

When Kessel played against the Gophers in 2005 with the U18 team he had 2 goals and 2 assists. His passing was dazzling even then, but the Gophers did not lay a glove and certainly not a check on him the entire game. Since he had already announced he would be coming to the Gophers the next year, I've always thought Lucia must have told his players to go easy on their golden recruit.
                "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Great article about ARD on this site, interesting to find out Friesen was the one who started the recruiting process with her. Jackie should get a big pat on the back for that pick-up.

Comment

Any good places to have one before the game near the arena?

Comment

Originally posted by brokentwig View Post
                      If you are looking for convenience, Buckinghams is a good place. It's literally a 2 minute walk to LaBahn. Can't vouch for the food or overall service, but I've done the pre-game beer there more than once.

If you don't mind walking a little more then can't go wrong with either Nitty Gritty, Dotty's or the Vintage. Cool places overall and pretty good food to boot. If you walk another block north, you'll hit State Street that has plenty of options.
                      Last edited by Badger Booster; 02-07-2017, 03:29 PM.

Comment

The difference this weekend may lie in special teams. PP UW 20% UMD 15% - PK UW 91% UMD 79%. SHG UW 5 UMD 0.

That being said, UW is way deeper at the 2nd and 3rd lines. UMD's 4-6 F have 44 pts, UW's have 69; UMD's 7-9 F have 26 pts, UW have 50.

MJ will get the last change, so I'm sure the Clark line will get the Stadler line, which should neutralize Stadler's line. I suspect Ryan and her D partner will also get the Stadler line as well. Hopefully Channel is back and playing with Ryan for this tilt. I could maybe see the 3rd line get Stadler's on a few shifts, that line has tons of speed.

Comment

The difference this weekend may lie in special teams. PP UW 20% UMD 15% - PK UW 91% UMD 79%. SHG UW 5 UMD 0.

That being said, UW is way deeper at the 2nd and 3rd lines. UMD's 4-6 F have 44 pts, UW's have 69; UMD's 7-9 F have 26 pts, UW have 50.

MJ will get the last change, so I'm sure the Clark line will get the Stadler line, which should neutralize Stadler's line. I suspect Ryan and her D partner will also get the Stadler line as well. Hopefully Channel is back and playing with Ryan for this tilt. I could maybe see the 3rd line get Stadler's on a few shifts, that line has tons of speed.
                          Delete the whole comment, Stadler is out of the country this weekend, so is Mrazova. So much for the drama.

Comment

Delete the whole comment, Stadler is out of the country this weekend, so is Mrazova. So much for the drama.
                            To even things up and restore the drama maybe Johnson should rest Pankowski and Nurse. What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by brokentwig View Post
                              OSS has become my go-to pre/post game spot. Good food and beer selection, short walk to LaBahn, and the opposite direction of the State Street crowds.

Comment

To even things up and restore the drama maybe Johnson should rest Pankowski and Nurse. What do you think?
                                I could live with that. Don't you want a UW sweep so UM can finish second?
                                Last edited by Timothy A; 02-08-2017, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X