Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

Quote Originally Posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    The referee should have called coincidental minors on that play. Kolstad was only defending herself and likely frustrated at some of the missed calls on the Badgers.
    LOL! Defending her punching everything she could reach to seal the fate of the Sue is classic! Other than that I thought the Sue played a relatively clean, solid game. Have a safe trip back to the beautiful town of Grand Forks!

Quote Originally Posted by GopherBadger View Post
    LOL! Defending her punching everything she could reach to seal the fate of the Sue is classic! Other than that I thought the Sue played a relatively clean, solid game. Have a safe trip back to the beautiful town of Grand Forks!
    I believe the referees sealed the faith of the Fighting Hawks when they didn't call that tripping penalty behind the Badger net moments before they scored the winner.

I believe the referees sealed the faith of the Fighting Hawks when they didn't call that tripping penalty behind the Badger net moments before they scored the winner.
    Truly a horrible non-call that quite possibly changed the outcome of the game.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

WCHA Championship News/Notes vs. UMD

http://www.uwbadgers.com/news/2017/3...mpionship.aspx

I knew Stalder didn't play in Madison, but totally forgot that Desbiens didn't play up in Duluth. Makes for a very interesting story line. Badgers should have an edge in stamina with their depth and the fact the Bulldogs had to skate for well over 80 minutes just 18 hours ago or so. But UMD has to be looking for some payback after Wisconsin rolled over them on Senior Day a couple of weeks ago, especially since they are now playing with a full roster.

Goals have been at a premium so far in this tournament and I fully expect the same today. With both teams seemingly locked and loaded for NCAA home games next weekend, they can just go out and play today.

Really glad that this game is on Fox Sports North/Wisconsin. This way I don't have to hope that the feed doesn't cut in and out all game.

Regardless, Kolstad put the final nail in their own coffin taking the definition of an ill-advised penalty. When your season is on the line, your team on the power play playing 6-on-4 in the final 90+ seconds of the game, you simply cannot turn around and hit someone high no matter how frustrated you are. Best case scenario was matching penalties (though I don't know what the Badger penalty would have been) and worst case was exactly what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    Truly a horrible non-call that quite possibly changed the outcome of the game.
    Don't fall into the trap of assigning disproportionate influence to things that happen late in games rather than early. The refs let a lot of stuff go uncalled, both ways. They didn't call UND for a blatant interference that negated a Badger 2-on-1 in the first period that had just as great a likelihood of affecting the outcome of the game as the trip not called near the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
    Don't fall into the trap of assigning disproportionate influence to things that happen late in games rather than early. The refs let a lot of stuff go uncalled, both ways. They didn't call UND for a blatant interference that negated a Badger 2-on-1 in the first period that had just as great a likelihood of affecting the outcome of the game as the trip not called near the end.
    You are right, that one should have been called too. Not defending UND, but the failure by the referees to call one of the most obvious trips you'll ever see negated would have been an extended 6 on 3 advantage (with the goalie pulled) at a time when the next goal likely would have won it.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    You are right, that one should have been called too. Not defending UND, but the failure by the referees to call one of the most obvious trips you'll ever see negated would have been an extended 6 on 3 advantage (with the goalie pulled) at a time when the next goal likely would have won it.
    And if the refs had called that interference, the trippung might not have mattered. A call/noncall at the end of the game is not more important just because of the timing.

It's currently the Maddie Rooney show. Badgers putting a ton of pressure (19 SOG), but haven't solved her yet. Credit Stalder for dropping back to defense and being a force. We'll see if UMD can keep up this pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Booster View Post
    It's currently the Maddie Rooney show. Badgers putting a ton of pressure (19 SOG), but haven't solved her yet. Credit Stalder for dropping back to defense and being a force. We'll see if UMD can keep up this pace.
    So, what is it? Scoreless after one?

1st period quote by Natalie Darwitz responding to a UMD player laying out in front of the net to stop a pass by Wellhausen on a 2 on 1 break: "That's what it takes win championships. It starts with defense first."

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbeard View Post
    Scoreles after one. UMD scores on a PP in the second, on a shot that wasn't even on-net, but deflected off a D player's leg, and got past Desbiens. 1-0, at halftime.

Tied now deflected off UMD player.
    Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 03-05-2017 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Tied up

Two deflections each off a defending player. That squares it up.

Thanks guys for keeping me posted. Please keep updating. Thanks.

Two deflections each off a defending player. That squares it up.

Thanks guys for keeping me posted. Please keep updating. Thanks.
    Will do. After almost 8 hours at Ridder yesterday we decided to stay home and watch the game on FSN. The beer is better than the hot chocolate anyway.

Bad interference penalty in front of the net by UMD could have been called cross checking, too. 1-1 after two.

Sorry, I forgot to post the score. That sucks that you are not able to pick up the game. 1-1 after 2 periods.

Badger goal was created by McKibbon. Put the initial shot on net between her legs and then followed up. Not convinced at all that the UMD player hit it her own net.

Badgers have gotten great energy from each line. Rooney is keeping them in the game. I'd like to think that continued pressure will result in another Badger goal. Ton of credit to UMD. Not sure how much gas they can possibly have left in the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Booster View Post
    Sorry, I forgot to post the score. That sucks that you are not able to pick up the game. 1-1 after 2 periods.

Badger goal was created by McKibbon. Put the initial shot on net between her legs and then followed up. Not convinced at all that the UMD player hit it her own net.

Badgers have gotten great energy from each line. Rooney is keeping them in the game. I'd like to think that continued pressure will result in another Badger goal. Ton of credit to UMD. Not sure how much gas they can possibly have left in the tank.
    Are the 'Dogs playing better than yesterday? Are they looking bagged (yet?) after yesterday's game?

Quick goal by Pankowski! Floodgates may (or may not) open up from here.

2-1 Badgers. Great feed to Pankowski from Ryan.

Thread Information