Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar

Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

Quote Originally Posted by robertearle View Post
    (prior to 2006, all teams in one city for a multi-day tournament)
    There were at least two season during that stretch where only the top five (out of seven) made the playoffs. The 4th and 5th seeds played what amounted to a play-in game on Thursday with the semifinals on Friday.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

I attended the first of the tournaments, at the Bloomington Ice Garden. All 7 teams participated. IIRC, the format was Thursday through Saturday. Quarterfinals on Thursday with the top team getting a bye.

WCHA Semi-Final News/Notes/Video vs. North Dakota

http://www.uwbadgers.com/news/2017/3...x?path=whockey

It's a Great Day for Hockey. It stinks not being able to make the road trip up for the weekend. However, I did see that the band left this morning, which is very cool. Hopefully, the WCHA feed is decent.

The good news is that the game is being webcast through BTN2Go without needing any cable or BTN+ subscription (The feed on the WCHA website is a simulcast of the BTN2Go Feed), which means it is easy to watch via a Chromecast, Roku, etc,

The bad news is that it appears that BTN underestimated how much traffic they would get for the game, as after a few minutes of a very glitchy feed, it's now a Technical Difficulties slate.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowheresville View Post
    The good news is that the game is being webcast through BTN2Go without needing any cable or BTN+ subscription (The feed on the WCHA website is a simulcast of the BTN2Go Feed), which means it is easy to watch via a Chromecast, Roku, etc,

The bad news is that it appears that BTN underestimated how much traffic they would get for the game, as after a few minutes of a very glitchy feed, it's now a Technical Difficulties slate.
    Never had more than a couple of seconds of action. Now just dead. Completely unacceptable.

WCHA site shows Lecavalier of UND with a 5 min checking from behind and 10 min misconduct in the 1st period.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014 & 2017 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years)

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Booster View Post
    Never had more than a couple of seconds of action. Now just dead. Completely unacceptable.
    Video has come alive during the break; whether it survives during live action...

Video has come alive during the break; whether it survives during live action...
    Guess we'll see. Major misconduct on No Dak, waved off goals, shots off the post...besides that, not much going on in the first.

1-1 after 2. Should be about 4-1 Badgers, but Shaw made a couple of big, point-blank shots. Wisconsin was pretty dominant, except for the Menke goal. Poorly defended, should not have been able to get it for her forehand. Oh well..

The video commentary is interesting. I'll leave it at that for now.

Here is news to make TA happy. #21 is in uniform

Video off again. Had a nice period and a half. Back to the radio feed..

Video off again. Had a nice period and a half. Back to the radio feed..
    2-1 Badgers.
    UND #44 earned the Lashomb medal for taking a dumb penalty with2:30 left and her team fighting for a comeback.

UW dominated out shooting 3 to 1

Quote Originally Posted by ne7minder View Post
    2-1 Badgers.
    UND #44 earned the Lashomb medal for taking a dumb penalty with2:30 left and her team fighting for a comeback.

UW dominated out shooting 3 to 1
    Let's just say Ms. Kolstad has not hesitated to get physical with the Badgers this year.

Cornell 3 SLU 1 end of 2.
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014 & 2017 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years)

Quote Originally Posted by vicb View Post
    Cornell 3 SLU 1 end of 2.
    When I was playing with Grant's Pairwise Predictor this week, a St Lawrence loss helped greatly in preventing an all-WCHA NCAA semi-final (UW vs either UM or UMD). Don't quote me on it, but I'm pretty sure we like this score.

When I was playing with Grant's Pairwise Predictor this week, a St Lawrence loss helped greatly in preventing an all-WCHA NCAA semi-final (UW vs either UM or UMD). Don't quote me on it, but I'm pretty sure we like this score.
    It also keeps alive the possibilty of UMN and UMD both hosting next week. That requires Minnesota winning tonight and tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeyore View Post
    It also keeps alive the possibilty of UMN and UMD both hosting next week. That requires Minnesota winning tonight and tomorrow.
    Yup. With fewer permutations as we get more finals today, I went back to check, and saw your possibility right away.

While I wouldn't like the all-WCHA semi that that implies (not to mention the Gopher WCHA championship!), the East-vs-West quarterfinals would be fun.

Correct, at this point, if Cornell wins today, either MN or UMD will end up as the 2 or 3 seed.

In fact if that happens, MN can't end up as the 4 seed anymore, and Duluth can't be a 4 unless they are passed by the Gophers, so it's still possible that there could be an all-WCHA semi-final with WI and UMD, but there is no chance of Wisconsin and Minnesota meeting in the semi's this year. (assuming the NC$$ sticks with the avoid travel at all costs approach to the quarters.)

Let's just say Ms. Kolstad has not hesitated to get physical with the Badgers this year.
    The referee should have called coincidental minors on that play. Kolstad was only defending herself and likely frustrated at some of the missed calls on the Badgers.

Wisconsin vs Robert Morris in the NCAA quarterfinal.

I'm guessing a Saturday afternoon game, maybe 2 PM; because the men's team plays Ohio State at the Kohl Center Friday and Saturday nights, both games currently listed for 7 PM.

Thread Information