X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2016-2017

Originally posted by Badger Booster View Post
    Channel out, Rowe in at D. Hopefully nothing serious.
    I suspect Channel was concussed by Kolstadt seeing how she reacted to the elbow to the head last weekend. She could be out for weeks if it's a concussion.

I was very very impressed by Rowe's play, not taking her goal into account, didn't look like a freshman with almost no game time experience. Awesome to see the other freshmen Steffen and Mauermann augment Pankowski's goal. Pankowski's is just a women on a mission right now, she has lifted her play to another level.

I hope Cece gets back in the pads soon. I have no idea if Baldwin is a competent back-up or not, but we know Cece can play.

So sad to see Nurse and Norby kinda botch the 2-0, both were too unselfish and they just ran out of room. Nurse had to shoot off the pass from Norby or Norby just should have sniped it before the pass to Nurse. Pankowski also gave up on a drive to net unselfishly once as well when I thought she had the corner to get to the net. Great to see this in term of team chemistry however.

The band was fantastic.

Bradshaw and Hanrahan did a decent job, but Bradshaw did almost all of the penalty calling.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

In case someone with an extra ticket sees this, I'm looking for one!

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
        In case someone with an extra ticket sees this, I'm looking for one!
        (No, I don't have one, but...)

It has become common for people to 'post' spare tickets on a board between the doors at the east entrance (the one closer to Kohl Center) So if you just show up, there's a pretty good chance you'll get in.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
          (No, I don't have one, but...)

It has become common for people to 'post' spare tickets on a board between the doors at the east entrance (the one closer to Kohl Center) So if you just show up, there's a pretty good chance you'll get in.
          I'm looking for a friend; I have season tickets. He's down in the SERF/LaBahn area anyway, so he'll be checking the doors and ticket windows. (I'm pretty sure one of our other friends found his ticket for a sold-out game last week because someone left one sitting on the ticket window ledge. )

Comment

Small (?) change to the lines today: Nurse on the first line with Clark and Pankowski, Cogan second line with Sydney and Norby.

Each of the two lines had two goals today...

Comment

Small (?) change to the lines today: Nurse on the first line with Clark and Pankowski, Cogan second line with Sydney and Norby.

Each of the two lines had two goals today...
              I did not pick up on that until the 2nd period, then I wasn't sure if it was just a result line changes, then it became obvious it was a change. Nurse seemed to be in a opportunity slump, and she looked really good with Clark and Pankowski. I think the 3rd line has hit a bit of a wall, but Roque continues to show a lot of creativity. McKibbon also has hit a sweet spot. I was again very impressed with Rowe. She just fits right in. I think playing Kato and BSU is a great confidence building ground for her before when the tougher matchups occur the end of the season. Obviously UM and UMD put a lot more pressure on the D. I'd like to see Mauermann get a chance in Shaver's spot on the 3rd line, she's better along the boards and has a bit more speed. Or try her on the 2nd line in Cogan's spot. No, I am not related to Mauermann. LOL

The umbrella PP is working! I don't like it because it allows the sh team easy clears along the boards, but forcing them into a diamond vs a box allows for many back door opportunities like the one Gardner converted. The middle is also open as there were 2 low slot re-directs goals, one by Mauermann yesterday.

Don't like to see a ppg allowed, but the puck either deflected or rebounded the the backside and there wasn't much ARD could do. At least her gaa for the weekend is under 1.

Todd D says Channel has an upper body injury, which is code for concussion. Hopefully that goon from UND didn't end her career at UW prematurely. It's sad to see any player's career end with and injury her senior year. Now the question is do I go on twitter and get into another fight with sue fans that say Channel is fine and their young lady is a saint? I will try and refrain myself, all they resort to is calling me nasty things when I'm simply stating the truth.

Comment

I had some idea about how good ARD was but I had know idea she was this good. "including Wisconsin, where Ann Renee Desbiens recorded her 11th shutout of the weekend" Holy smokes, she has to be WCHA defensive player of the week with that stat line, right?
                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                  I had some idea about how good ARD was but I had know idea she was this good. "including Wisconsin, where Ann Renee Desbiens recorded her 11th shutout of the weekend" Holy smokes, she has to be WCHA defensive player of the week with that stat line, right?
                  Hey, gotta make sure the PK voters are all fully educated.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    I did not pick up on that until the 2nd period, then I wasn't sure if it was just a result line changes, then it became obvious it was a change. Nurse seemed to be in a opportunity slump, and she looked really good with Clark and Pankowski. I think the 3rd line has hit a bit of a wall, but Roque continues to show a lot of creativity. McKibbon also has hit a sweet spot. I was again very impressed with Rowe. She just fits right in. I think playing Kato and BSU is a great confidence building ground for her before when the tougher matchups occur the end of the season. Obviously UM and UMD put a lot more pressure on the D. I'd like to see Mauermann get a chance in Shaver's spot on the 3rd line, she's better along the boards and has a bit more speed. Or try her on the 2nd line in Cogan's spot. No, I am not related to Mauermann. LOL

The umbrella PP is working! I don't like it because it allows the sh team easy clears along the boards, but forcing them into a diamond vs a box allows for many back door opportunities like the one Gardner converted. The middle is also open as there were 2 low slot re-directs goals, one by Mauermann yesterday.

Don't like to see a ppg allowed, but the puck either deflected or rebounded the the backside and there wasn't much ARD could do. At least her gaa for the weekend is under 1.

Todd D says Channel has an upper body injury, which is code for concussion. Hopefully that goon from UND didn't end her career at UW prematurely. It's sad to see any player's career end with and injury her senior year. Now the question is do I go on twitter and get into another fight with sue fans that say Channel is fine and their young lady is a saint? I will try and refrain myself, all they resort to is calling me nasty things when I'm simply stating the truth.
                    The last 10 games this team has been on a roll. Multiple players have recorded double digit point totals this season and 4 players have reached double digit goal totals. It seems like each weekend someone different is lighting the lamp. Depth is so important during a long season and especially down the stretch run and leading into the playoffs! It will be important for the Badgers to continue this trend at Bemidji State. Should be a fun weekend! Go Badgers!
                    Last edited by rangersrule; 02-01-2017, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rangersrule View Post
                      The last 10 games this team has been on a roll. Multiple players have recorded double digit point totals this season and 4 players have reached double digit goal totals. It seems like each weekend someone different is lighting the lamp. Depth is so important during a long season and especially down the stretch run and leading into the playoffs! It will be important for the Badgers to continue this trend at Bemidji State. Should be a fun weekend! Go Badgers!
                      Kind of piggy-backing on this post. Alexis Mauermann wins WCHA ROW and is now the 4th Badger freshmen to win a league weekly/month award. No superstars (yet) in the class, but all contribute when given the chance. In addition, Steffen is logging significant quality minutes and Rowe adds nice depth at both forward and defense, if injuries dictate. They have nicely complemented a fairly experienced roster. Just fun to watch.

Comment

Former UW men's coach Jeff Sauer has died (from pancreatic cancer).

A fan of hockey in all forms, including women's hockey. I saw him at Badger women's game a number of times. And he used to do commentary on the TV broadcasts of the Wisconsin women's high school hockey tournament. I remember specifically one time his saying that if you wanted to learn proper body positioning, watch a well-coached women's team: because they have to accomplish everything a men's team has to, but they have to do so only through position, without relying on checking and the 'big hit'.

RIP, coach. And thanks.

Comment

I remember specifically one time his saying that if you wanted to learn proper body positioning, watch a well-coached women's team: because they have to accomplish everything a men's team has to, but they have to do so only through position, without relying on checking and the 'big hit'.
                          he knew hockey
                          Last edited by pokechecker; 02-02-2017, 03:29 PM. Reason: oops, wrong year and game

Comment

A fan of hockey in all forms, including women's hockey. I saw him at Badger women's game a number of times. And he used to do commentary on the TV broadcasts of the Wisconsin women's high school hockey tournament. I remember specifically one time his saying that if you wanted to learn proper body positioning, watch a well-coached women's team: because they have to accomplish everything a men's team has to, but they have to do so only through position, without relying on checking and the 'big hit'.

RIP, coach. And thanks.
                            I did not go to the game, but the Pioneer Press had him listed as the only coach for the Badgers against the Gophers in the alumni game on Hockey Day at Lowell Park in Stillwater last month. The Gopher coaches listed were Mark Bahr, Jim Boo, Bill Butters and Lou Nanne. Four against one didn't seem quite fair, but maybe it was about even.
                            "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

RIP, coach. And thanks.
                              He was a mensch, this is very sad news.

Comment

Sauer lost control of his teams the last few years and it was time for him to retire. However, I have a friend who worked in the UW athletic department, and she had nothing but good things to say about him, and contrasted him favorably with other big names there.

Comment

Working...
                                X